IndyCar: 2021 Genesys 300/XPEL 375

This needs to be red-flagged.

Also, need to take a serious look at start/restart rules.

I feel like they leave a lot of distance between rows at IMS, for obvious reasons, but they were very bunched up there. It's just silly and embarrassing to junk a bunch of cars on a race start when the field is limited to begin with.

I generally like Power, and he might be right that Dixon had the field stacked up there, but there's no one else more notorious for crawling to the green and creating start crashes than Will.

"The Golden Era of IndyCar is right now."

Maybe on another day at another track, that would be a little more convincing. There are reasons to be optimistic about the series, but this racing ain't it.

Think most of my attention is going to move toward the ASCoC race.

Tough break for Harvey, great weekend up until then. Looks like AA have an issue to fix back there in the near future.

Find someone who loves you as much as Townsend Bell loves it when a driver can manage to run one groove up the track for a lap or two.

For real though, go Pato!

Getting a little more intriguing now because of the fuel mileage game.

Ever since Rahal took the lead they all bunched up. Dixon was gapping them that bad.

Do these tires not work with PJ1?
Not here at least. They ran tires over the PJ1 before the 2020 race and scrubbed it all off during the offseason before testing last month and either way they've found it just heats up and causes 10-20% grip loss compared to the bottom. What's there now is just staining from after they've scrubbed it.

The only thing saving this race, at least in appearances, is the fuel saving. I wish there were someone throwing caution to the wind and running a richer mixture, banking on a caution or something. That would amp up the pressure on others.

If the #9 has already made it known they're pitting at lap 186, I'd sure like so see someone try to come on 184 with an undercut and push it to land out in front. You're not going to beat Dixon by just sitting safely behind him and doing what he does.

How did Newgarden etc. gain so much time simply by pitting a few laps later?

AMSP really struggle in the pits for whatever reason.

Everyone who just came in should be good to go full bore now at least. Is Sato going to try to stretch this?

Not here at least. They ran tires over the PJ1 before the 2020 race and scrubbed it all off during the offseason before testing last month and either way they've found it just heats up and causes 10-20% grip loss compared to the bottom. What's there now is just staining from after they've scrubbed it.

Hmm sounds like it is having the same effect that sealant has to be honest at this point. Tbh should just redo the track and make it shaped like a Darlington

I think Newgarden just got really lucky with the timing. O'Ward must've put in some quick laps when Dixon and Rahal pitted.

They must be overstating the wear on the tires if those super quick lap times were still possible at the end of the stint.

Rahal and Dixon are hanging way back. Conserving bigly or just fell off?

Back
Top Bottom