IndyCar: 2021 REV Group Grand Prix (Road America)

These are the humbling times. Last week he was complaining he finished 2nd. This week he's not finishing at all. Perspective baby.

This was a great race. So much passing and just plain "racing" going on the entire time. And without crashing each other. Loads of talent. Loved it.

I'm real tired of NBC and their lack of respect for Indycar and the fans though.

Yeah, I agree with you guys, that was a great race. K Mags might get
the Indy bug. No telling where would have ended up had he not had a mechanical
in his first race. I hope him and Gro stay a long while. That last pit stop
for everyone was crazy! I think I saw 3 wide at one point ON PIT ROAD.

Yeah, I agree with you guys, that was a great race. K Mags might get
the Indy bug. No telling where would have ended up had he not had a mechanical
in his first race. I hope him and Gro stay a long while. That last pit stop
for everyone was crazy! I think I saw 3 wide at one point ON PIT ROAD.
He's full-time in WEC next year, I have a feeling we will see more of K-Mag in the future.

He was already on pace from the drop of the green flag, but he's been one of my favorite drivers since watching him come up through the European Feeder Series ladder. K-Mag is no joke, I wish he would have continued in IMSA for another year or so, but driving for Peugeot should be a fun watch in WEC next season.

We're assuming Peugeot will actually make the grid. So far all we have are some shadowdy drawings.

We're assuming Peugeot will actually make the grid. So far all we have are some shadowdy drawings.
If they do, I'll be waiting for the classic cylinder drop or turbo failure in the final hour of LeMans from them. (I hope it doesn't happen, seriously.)

I think they will be ready. They have already hired drivers and personnel for the project, I doubt they would put in all those resources and not have an entry in play.

French version of Motorsport.com said the Peugeot unveiling is supposed to be July 6th.

Magnussen is a new dad and being European-based that program works well logistically, and probably pays very well too. I think he would love nothing more than to do IndyCar full-time though, and I could see him doing it within a few years. At the very least I think he’ll be doing Indy 500 attempts very soon. He’s been sniffing around the series as far back as 2014 and the potential opportunity was at least part of why he signed with CGR this year.

The odd part was that Rebellion was going to run the car, and then about a month later pulled completely out of the sport. They offered no explanation. It was just bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom