Indycar - Indy Japan The Final

D

DanicaFan

japanlogo2.jpg

Race 16 of 18

Race - Indy Japan- The Final

Location - Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course) - Motegi, Tochigi, Japan

Date - Sunday, September 18th - 12:00 AM

Time & TV Schedule - Pre-Race Show-Saturday, September 17th - 11:00PM , Green Flag - 12:00AM (Sunday, Sept.18th) - Versus

Course Type - 2.98 Mile Road Course

Distance - 63 Laps / 187.74 Miles

Practice Sessions -
Thursday, September 15th - 2:00PM -3:15PM Eastern
Friday, September 16th - 8:00AM-9:00AM & 11:00AM-12:00PM Eastern
Saturday, September 17th -Warm Up Session - 8:00AM - 8:30AM Eastern

Qualifications - Friday, September 16th - 2:00PM -3:20PM Eastern

2010 Pole Sitter - #3 Helio Castroneves 54.1803(Time) / 201.992 mph (On Oval Course)

2010 Winner - #3 Helio Castroneves

**Note - All times listed in Eastern Time, Motegi, Japan is 13 hours ahead.

I'd prefer the oval.

I would too. I have had enough of the road/street courses for awhile.

Damn earthquake, anyway I know nothing about the roadcourse how does it go straight across the ovals 1 and 2 is it a tunnel?

REALLY? Y'all prefer oval racing to racing on a natural road course? This is not NASCAR chat, is it?!

I can understand DF's opinion, based upon the fact that Miss Thang got her one and only win on the Japanese oval - and that she sucks on road courses, but still...

Give me a road course any day!!! Especially for open wheel racers.

REALLY? Y'all prefer oval racing to racing on a natural road course? This is not NASCAR chat, is it?!

I can understand DF's opinion, based upon the fact that Miss Thang got her one and only win on the Japanese oval - and that she sucks on road courses, but still...

Give me a road course any day!!! Especially for open wheel racers.

So they can run single file for 2 hours no thanks.

The series should be 50/50 ovals and road courses. I find both exciting to watch. This race should be interesting since the Indycars haven't ran the road course there before.

Damn earthquake, anyway I know nothing about the roadcourse how does it go straight across the ovals 1 and 2 is it a tunnel?
yes, tunnels. Road course goes under oval in both spots. The track is set up so it technically could have 3 races going at once.

Here are the qualifying groups..

Group 1

#3 Helio Castroneves
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#77 Alex Tagliani
#34 Joao Paulo de Oliveira
#5 Takuma Sato
#4 JR Hildebrand
#82 Tony Kanaan
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
#59 EJ Viso
#83 Charlie Kimball
#38 Graham Rahal
#7 Danica Patrick
#24 Ana Beatriz

Group 2

#12 Will Power
#06 James Hinchcliffe
#26 Marco Andretti
#10 Dario Franchitti
#19 Sebastien Bourdais
#17 Hideki Mutoh
#18 James Jakes
#9 Scott Dixon
#14 Vitor Meira
#22 Giorgio Pantano
#27 Mike Conway
#2 Oriol Servia
#78 Simona De Silvestro

The 6 drivers moving on from Group 1 are..

#38 Graham Rahal
#3 Helio Castroneves
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#34 Joao Paulo de Oliveira
#83 Charlie Kimball
#5 Takuma Sato

The 6 moving on from Group 2 are..

#9 Scott Dixon
#12 Will Power
#10 Dario Franchitti
#06 James Hinchcliffe
#18 James Jakes
#26 Marco Andretti

The Firestone Fast 6 are...

#38 Graham Rahal
#12 Will Power
#06 James Hinchchliffe
#9 Scott Dixon
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#3 Helio Castroneves

Yeah, she's better than this. Granted, road courses aren't her thing but I thought she normally finishes mid-pack on road courses. There better be something wrong with her car because if she's finishing almost dead last because of attitude that's just going to give the haters more ammo. If I were her crew chief for next year I would be VERY concerned right about now.

So they can run single file for 2 hours no thanks.

So I can take from that that you dislike Formula 1 racing, since they run all their races on road courses, right?

I'm OK with INDY Cars on ovals but when Tony Effen George wanted to create an all-oval series, well, let's just say that I was not all that interested - and I wasn't alone as people stayed away in droves.

Right now the schedule is just about 50/50 and I am OK with that. The CART Series had a similar mix.

Yeah, she's better than this. Granted, road courses aren't her thing but I thought she normally finishes mid-pack on road courses. There better be something wrong with her car because if she's finishing almost dead last because of attitude that's just going to give the haters more ammo. If I were her crew chief for next year I would be VERY concerned right about now.

She really doesn't have anything to race for. She's not up in points, she isn't coming back next season.

I have to agree with Andy. I don't think she want's to be there. I don't care what job you do, if you don't want to be there you are not going to give 100%. I like Danica and I hope she does good in her full time move to nascar.

Danica said she feels something was wrong with the gearbox in her car. She said she felt like she was lost time due to the shifting problems.

Danica said she feels something was wrong with the gearbox in her car. She said she felt like she was lost time due to the shifting problems.

Yeah, cause she don't like to shift!

Sterling Marlin was quite vocal about his hatred for road courses. One time at Sonoma he destroyed his tranny on the second lap. Some thought it was intentional! ;)

She really doesn't have anything to race for. She's not up in points, she isn't coming back next season.

Sorry but that is not the attitude of a champion. I go to work every day with the best attitude I can whether or not I want to be there. If I can do it day in and day out so can she.

Congrats to Scott Dixon for the win. The commentary tonight was absolutely hilarious. I loved Robin Miller's comments.

Sorry but that is not the attitude of a champion. I go to work every day with the best attitude I can whether or not I want to be there. If I can do it day in and day out so can she.

Exactly, well said.

Check out Helio's comments after the race..

Castroneves was livid afterward when he returned to the Team Penske “Hut” that was used as team offices at Motegi. Because it was an international race teams didn’t have their transporters in Japan.

“This is Bull (bleep),” Castroneves told RPM2Night.com. “It’s BS what they are doing. They have no rules. I’ve had enough of this. I hope they get fired. If Brian Barnhart (INDYCAR president of competition) wants to talk to me he has my number and he better call me because he needs to man up. He is a wussy.”

About an hour after Castroneves’ conversation he posted a scathing response on Twitter.

“It is sad to see one person being responsible for bringing down an entire series,” Castroneves said on Twitter. “Brian Barnhart is inconsistent and even changes the rule book when is convenient for him, and his own personal interests. In the same race in international television he penalizes some but not others. Making the famous @paultracy’s words mine: Barnhart is a circus clown! Very disappointed for finishing 7th and being put to 22nd. This is ABSURD!!! Just expressing my feelings right now.”

That was some poor officiating in that race.

Dario Franchitti can do no wrong, can he?

Dario is IndyCars JJ. That's 2 races I've watched that others are penalized and he skates. He even said at the end of the race it was his mistake. But it may in fact be that every time Dario screws up Barnhart gets a big check in his pocket at the end of the race from Chip.

Congrats to Scott Dixon for the win. The commentary tonight was absolutely hilarious. I loved Robin Miller's comments.

Robin Miller would never get away with the stuff he said if this was another series. I also think he tries too hard to be controversial.

That was some poor officiating in that race.

Dario Franchitti can do no wrong, can he?

They want to have Dario-Power fighting for the championship in the final race at Vegas so they ruled in Darios favor.

I root for Dario over Power but that non-call was a joke but hey this is what happens with the morons in charge. This year has been really bad with officiating.

Also the way these guys do restarts is a joke. It's not that hard to get double file restarts right.

Didn't see the race because I don't have Vs. and by the sounds of it I don't think I missed much. And reading some of the reaction to the officiating I am starting to care less and less about this series. I give the IRL another year or two and then it will fold. Which is too bad because it sure was a hoot to watch in person.

Rolex Sports Car Series is awesome by the way. Scott Pruett is the MAN.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom