Indycar - Indy Japan The Final

Didn't see the race because I don't have Vs. and by the sounds of it I don't think I missed much. And reading some of the reaction to the officiating I am starting to care less and less about this series. I give the IRL another year or two and then it will fold. Which is too bad because it sure was a hoot to watch in person.

Rolex Sports Car Series is awesome by the way. Scott Pruett is the MAN.

-Dave

You didn't miss much, other then Dario trying to ruin his championship chances it was a rather lackluster race.

and I couldn't agree more, I love the Rolex Sports Car series. The season finale was a great race.

Check out Helio's comments after the race..

Castroneves was livid afterward when he returned to the Team Penske “Hut” that was used as team offices at Motegi. Because it was an international race teams didn’t have their transporters in Japan.

“This is Bull (bleep),” Castroneves told RPM2Night.com. “It’s BS what they are doing. They have no rules. I’ve had enough of this. I hope they get fired. If Brian Barnhart (INDYCAR president of competition) wants to talk to me he has my number and he better call me because he needs to man up. He is a wussy.”

About an hour after Castroneves’ conversation he posted a scathing response on Twitter.

“It is sad to see one person being responsible for bringing down an entire series,” Castroneves said on Twitter. “Brian Barnhart is inconsistent and even changes the rule book when is convenient for him, and his own personal interests. In the same race in international television he penalizes some but not others. Making the famous @paultracy’s words mine: Barnhart is a circus clown! Very disappointed for finishing 7th and being put to 22nd. This is ABSURD!!! Just expressing my feelings right now.”

Castronenes has been fined $30,000 as a result. From National Speedsport News:

IndyCar has fined driver Helio Castroneves $30,000 and placed him on probation for the remainder of the season for actions following the Sept. 18 IZOD IndyCar Series race at Twin Ring Motegi.

Castroneves was penalized for use of improper, profane or disparaging language in reference to officials for comments he made toward the Race Director via Twitter after he was penalized for passing under a local yellow on the final lap on the 2.983-mile road course.

Because of the public display of his actions, Castroneves will be able to work off the fine by making a series of public appearances on behalf of IndyCar throughout the remainder of the season.

Castroneves may contest the penalty as prescribed in the IZOD IndyCar Series rulebook. A protest/appeal may result in an increase, decrease or no change to the penalty.

Barnhart seriously needs to go at the end of the season. Every race there is some really shaddy call made and every week a driver loses his temper and outs Barnhart for the joke he is yet nothing is done. Indycar can not advance to larger fan bases when you have f***wits like Barnhart having any power.

Back
Top Bottom