IndyCar: INDYCAR Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Sorry for the redundancy.
IndianapolisGP2017.png

Indianapolis-RC.png

Indianapolis_RC.jpg

LOLOL idk what was wrong with GP of Indy.
Yeah I don't get it lol. I guess Angie's List dropped out pretty late in the game (they got swallowed up or something) and they had to either rush to get something cheap or just wait for 2018 to bring in a new sponsor. I read a few days ago that Boles is already pretty far along with someone for next year's race. But, you can't just keep GP of Indianapolis? :idunno:

Yeah I don't get it lol. I guess Angie's List dropped out pretty late in the game (they got swallowed up or something) and they had to either rush to get something cheap or just wait for 2018 to bring in a new sponsor. I read a few days ago that Boles is already pretty far along with someone for next year's race. But, you can't just keep GP of Indianapolis? :idunno:

Pretty ****** stupid if you ask me. "We lost the title sponsor... QUICK WHAT DO WE CALL THE RACE?"

Well that was a bit snoozy. Glad Power and Rahal finally had good runs.

Well other than the first 1/2 hour of the race , it just did not keep my attention on tv.
I just glanced at timing and scoring every now and then on the lap top. Good for Power.

Now to the business at hand, the 500.

I must be the only one who liked it lol. This race was pretty "meh" the first three years but I thought it was pretty solid today, the first half especially. The sun being out and the track being slicker probably helped a lot. I thought there was a good amount of passing and that's even with ABC missing **** like RHR passing Helio for the last podium spot.

Congrats to Power, 4th time he had a chance to win this year, 1st time makes use it.

I don't really like that layout, btw. It's relatively tight and slow, and too much of a Mickey-Mouse-course, IMO.
When they first announced this event I figured they would keep the oval turn 1 portion that F1 used and Grand-Am used briefly, but I guess they put that chicane section in for passing.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Do not put stock cars on there. Don't do it.

Stock cars on the Indy oval is a race only aficionados of driving difficulty can appreciate. Most prefer more actipn, more passing. I'm OK with it... it's just one race. Nascar should continue to race the oval.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Do not put stock cars on there. Don't do it.

Stock cars on the Indy oval is a race only aficionados of driving difficulty can appreciate. Most prefer more actipn, more passing. I'm OK with it... it's just one race. Nascar should continue to race the oval.
I'd say the same but if the crowds keep dwindling they might not have a choice.

I agree to the extent that I'm into meritocracy, and the Indy oval is one of the most meritocratic venues on the NASCAR Cup schedule for the drivers and the teams. I can't say how a Cup road race would like there. I'm sure it could be more 'eventful', but more likely due to incidents back in the pack, not close racing at the front. But who knows.

The practical reality is that the Brickyard has sunk so far in terms of fan approval that it appears something different must be done. I would support them leaving it alone, just as I would support them rolling back changes that have been demanded by similar thinking.

I thought the GP was decent though.

Back
Top Bottom