Indycar @ ((((Sonoma)))

Ya but Fontana is double points. Power, Castroneves, Pagenaud and Hunter-Reay all have a chance going into a high-banked 2-mile speedway. Anything can and will happen!

Would be nice to see Pagenaud win the Cup but I don't expect him to out drive the other three on an oval.

Theoretically they all have a chance. But if he finishes top 5 it's basically his. If RHR didn't blow Mid Ohio, he'd have a real chance IMO

Double points races are the only reason Castroneves is still in this thing, I hope Power wins. Anything can happen but this looks like his best shot at the title.

Theoretically they all have a chance. But if he finishes top 5 it's basically his. If RHR didn't blow Mid Ohio, he'd have a real chance IMO
Power wrecked at Fontana in 2012. It's not quite a lock for him.

--I fell asleep for the first hour of the race. I had it on TIVO, but I didn't get to comment during the race.

--It was kind of funny...... and odd: I was sitting in church this morning and we have a portion at the beginning for "joy and concerns". People ask the congregation to pray for family and friends during that time.
--A lady in the back of the church spoke up and said, "My grandchildren live in Sonoma, California and they had an earthquake last night. Could we pray for them?"
--And I kept thinking, "Sonoma? Sonoma? Where have I heard that name before?" Then it hit me!! The race!! OMG!!
It sure was hard for me to keep my mind on Jesus and his disciples for the next hour with Will, Helio, Ryan and the rest of the guys dancing through my head. But I managed. :D
--I sure made a bee line home afterwards to see what was happening. I do hope any and all of you out there are OK.
It was a great race though, wasn't it?

Helio's never earned a podium at Fontana and Power usually chokes away the championship. Something has to give this time.

I would LOVE to have seen a caution near the end. Graham and Bobby are overdue for a win..

In other news I am pissed that I'm not going to make it to the Indy finale. It's only like an hour away and they can use all the spectators they can get.. Not to mention it's always a kickass race. Money is just too tight.

for exciting race.........i hope power / helio have issues.....maybe w/ each other....pagenaud wins title.

I would LOVE to have seen a caution near the end. Graham and Bobby are overdue for a win..

In other news I am pissed that I'm not going to make it to the Indy finale. It's only like an hour away and they can use all the spectators they can get.. Not to mention it's always a kickass race. Money is just too tight.

That's a shame. Maybe you could just go to the time trials or something. Practice should only cost about ten bucks or so.
-- My son and I (each) started taking a cooler to Indianapolis this year. Pop, food and beer are so expensive there. So we each drug a cooler in. I made turkey hoagies at home and took them. He wanted beer (that cost about $5.00 a can there), so he packed his cooler full. I took pop and the sandwiches in mine. And I wore a back pack with Cheetos and Freetos. We got the kind of coolers that have the wheels and drug them behind us. We were spending $75-100.00 for food and drinks each time we went. When we go 4-5 times in the month of May, it really gets expensive. We would stop at McDonalds in the morning on the way over. We'd rather have our breakfast there anyway.
--I'm about two hours from Indy. And it really cuts down on the expenses by taking your own food.
--I sure hope you get to go. Good luck.

I'm in Vegas, the track is 3 hours away from here & I'm on a tight budget as well but I haven't been to an Indycar race since like 2005 & I'm moving back to the south east soon so this maybe the last opportunity for a while to see some open wheel action. I looked up tickets, looks like $30 at the gate on raceday, $50 with the paddock pass so I'm thinking I may have to go check it out...

I just can't swing it. And I've never seen an actual Indycar race... I've been to practice/qualifying days in the past at LB and Fontana. I really just want to see the damn race lol. And you can't bring coolers in Fontana as far as I have seen... Plus parking. No matter what it turns into a $80+ Day. Not trying to make excuses. A lot can happen in the next 6 days but you know what happens in 7 days? The first of the month... Yikes haha

So his win/wreck ratio is 50%?

A lot of drivers would take that, also he only has to finish 7th or better to clinch the title. And his team has been the cream of the crop on the big tracks this year. I think Kanaan or JPM will win the race and Power will finish 5th and take home the title

If Power doesn't win the championship this weekend, guarantee you het gets outta the car like why couldn't what happened here a year ago be today & today be last year. Wishing him lots of luck because he's had none of it when comming into this race with a shot at the title...

If Power doesn't win the championship this weekend, guarantee you het gets outta the car like why couldn't what happened here a year ago be today & today be last year. Wishing him lots of luck because he's had none of it when comming into this race with a shot at the title...

I agree. Penske has a short fuse when it comes to these guys (like Penske firing Paul Tracy twice). Power had made a lot of dumb mistakes this year, all the penalties and the doughnuts during the race on Sunday. If he doesn't take the Cup home on Saturday, start the deathclock on Power at Penske.

I agree. Penske has a short fuse when it comes to these guys (like Penske firing Paul Tracy twice). Power had made a lot of dumb mistakes this year, all the penalties and the doughnuts during the race on Sunday. If he doesn't take the Cup home on Saturday, start the deathclock on Power at Penske.

Helio has never won a title either

I don't see Powers getting the boot anytime soon with the best record in the series.o_O He is leading the points, especially compared to who he is racing against. He's crazy, but who isn't in that series. They all seem at times to do crazy things Power probably leads the pack, Sato a close second, hand grenade Rahal, and Andretti on and on. They have been putting on a show this year, great racing.

luck = preparation meets opportunity.

if power won't let cindric walk his ego thru this 1 race......penske oughta say see ya .
no sympathy here.....he's pissed away more wins than most drivers ever get opportunities !
but ??? ......is sponsor happy ?

plus .....as soi says.....have enjoyed his fk ups !

hopefully.....good race ta close out good race yr.....minus milw....sorry kev.

I just can't swing it. And I've never seen an actual Indycar race... I've been to practice/qualifying days in the past at LB and Fontana. I really just want to see the damn race lol. And you can't bring coolers in Fontana as far as I have seen... Plus parking. No matter what it turns into a $80+ Day. Not trying to make excuses. A lot can happen in the next 6 days but you know what happens in 7 days? The first of the month... Yikes haha

I went last year and am going again this year, so I know the policies of Auto Club Speedway (though I have no idea how I got away with binoculars in my backpack when the website says you have to wear them at the gate). According to their website (approved carry-in items), You can bring in a small, soft sided cooler (basically a lunchbag), which isn't much but it is better than nothing. Also parking is free (top of the page).

I went last year and am going again this year, so I know the policies of Auto Club Speedway (though I have no idea how I got away with binoculars in my backpack when the website says you have to wear them at the gate). According to their website (approved carry-in items), You can bring in a small, soft sided cooler (basically a lunchbag), which isn't much but it is better than nothing. Also parking is free (top of the page).

Thanks!! :)

Back
Top Bottom