D

DanicaFan

firestonelogotexas.jpg

Race 7 of 16

Race
- Firestone 550

Location - Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, TX

Date - Saturday, June 9th

Time & TV Schedule - Pre-Race Show - 8:00PM Eastern , Green Flag - Approx. 8:15PM Eastern- NBC Sports Network

Course Type - 1.5 Mile Oval

Distance - 228 Laps / 342 Miles (550km)

Practice Sessions -

Friday, June 8th - 1:30-2:45PM & 7:45-8:15PM Eastern
Saturday, June 9th Systems Check - 2:20-2:25PM Eastern

Qualifications - Friday, June 8th -4:30 -6:00PM Eastern

Texas Motor Speedway Track Facts

Length - 1.5 Miles
Banking - 24 degrees in Turns & 5 degrees on straights
Texas-Motor-Speedway-Aerial-1.jpg

2011 Twin 275's Race Information

Race 1 Winner -
Dario Franchitti
Race 1 Pole Sitter - Alex Tagliani -215.186mph
Time Of Race - 54 minutes & 47 seconds
Average Speed- 181.649 mph
Cautions - 1 for 10 laps
Margin Of Victory -.053 seconds
Lead Changes - 6

Race 2 Winner - Will Power
Race 2 Pole Sitter - Tony Kanaan (By Draw)
Time Of Race - 48 minutes & 9 seconds
Average Speed - 206.693 mph
Cautions - None
Margin Of Victory - .947 seconds
Lead Changes - 8

Great news, y'all... The local news just reported that a truck ran into an overpass on highway 114 right next to the race track! :eek: It's shut down right now, but they're hoping to reopen it before the race.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Trac...ing-major-problems-in-Ft-Worth-157456035.html

Fortunately, this is on the western side of the race track, and not on the eastern side where the bumber-to-bumber traffic from Dallas comes in!

Highway 114 has been reopened, y'all.

Oops, I originally typed 183 instead of 114 on my above post. It let me edit it just now almost 24 hours later. Is that normal?

I see they got rid of the silly twin-race gimmick.

It was supposed to be a throwback to the doubleheaders USAC and CART used to have in the 70s. Problem is, back then they just lined up the second race by the results of the first race. Lining up a points paying race by a blind draw like they did last year is silly. There also aren't a lot of people who remember the old twin races to begin with. Decent idea, poor execution, so it's back to 228 laps.

Alex Tagliani grabs the pole for the race. Here is the starting lineup..

1. #98 Alex Tagliani -215.691 mph
2. #10 Dario Franchitti - 215.646 mph
3. #38 Graham Rahal -215.554 mph
4. #9 Scott Dixon -215.331 mph
5. #12 Will Power -215.116 mph
6. #27 James Hinchchliffe -214.920 mph
7. #11 Tony Kanaan -214.701 mph
8. #14 Mike Conway -214.458 mph
9. #26 Marco Andretti -214.424 mph
10. #15 Takuma Sato -214.196 mph
11. #77 Simon Pagenaud -214.082 mph
12. #2 Ryan Briscoe -214.060 mph
13. #22 Oriol Servia -213.957 mph
14. #8 Rubens Barrichello -213.949 mph
15. #28 Ryan Hunter-Reay -213.927 mph
16. #5 EJ Viso -213.444 mph
17. #3 Helio Castroneves -213.402 mph
18. #83 Charlie Kimball -212.833 mph
19. #18 Justin Wilson -212.136 mph
20. #20 Ed Carpenter -211.643 mph
21. #19 James Jakes -211.245 mph
22. #6 Katherine Legge -210.543 mph
23. #78 Simona De Silvestro -204.066 mph
24. #4 JR Hildebrand -202.596 mph
25. #67 Josef Newgarden - No time

Some penalties to be aware of at this race...

Mike Conway will receive a 10 grid spot penalty for an unapproved engine change after Belle Isle.
Takuma Sato will receive a 10 grid penalty for an unapproved engine change after the final practice.

Some penalties to be aware of at this race...

Mike Conway will receive a 10 grid spot penalty for an unapproved engine change after Belle Isle.
Takuma Sato will receive a 10 grid penalty for an unapproved engine change after the final practice.

Newgarden and de Silvestro also get penalties.

They're all for the better though. The Honda teams used their problems as an opportunity to install the second gen Honda engine, and de Silvestro will likely be taking penalties on a regular basis. They're already at the back, so they're implementing new developments as they come. They're running a new exhaust and new valves, per Marshall Pruett.

Got this set to record, so I can either watch it when I get home from the local track, or maybe tomorrow morning. Hoefully I can avoid a spolier. Always like Indycar at Texas.

Got this set to record, so I can either watch it when I get home from the local track, or maybe tomorrow morning. Hoefully I can avoid a spolier. Always like Indycar at Texas.

I'll post the winner in every thread. Lol

Just hope for a safe race, as you all do. I understand why Indycar doesn't race @ Las Vegas anymore, but remain a little stumped as to why they continue to race at Texas, which is a similiar track, imo.. I read some drivers are a little jittery about racing tonight in large packs.
But I won't pull a Jimmie Johnson and suggest they shouldn't race there . I'm looking forward to this race.
God's speed, guys.

Just hope for a safe race, as you all do. I understand why Indycar doesn't race @ Las Vegas anymore, but remain a little stumped as to why they continue to race at Texas, which is a similiar track, imo.. I read some drivers are a little jittery about racing tonight in large packs.
But I won't pull a Jimmie Johnson and suggest they shouldn't race there . I'm looking forward to this race.
God's speed, guys.

They just said the same thing on NBC. I don't like the idea of racing here, but I guess there's got to be at least one race a year at Texas that doesn't put everyone to sleep.

Sato moves up, then crashes. I've lost count of how many times that's happened. As good as he is (or can be), it's a shame he wrecks so many cars. It's not always his fault either.

This is great stuff. Looks like those changes to the aero package have done something I never thought was possible. Keep the drivers and the fans happy at the same time.

Enough can't be said about the job IndyCar did with this car. Both in general saftey, and the new aero package this week that eliminates the pack, while still allowing for good racing. They've done a terrific job.

So we'll forget about Detroit, it's right back to great racing. Don't like to see the two best cars drop out, but it came down to the only others that could keep pace with them. That was an amazing, safe race. I don't know if Rahal heard footsteps or what.

How about a couple road course guys getting it done on the oval? Good job Wilson and Pagenaud.

That was a good race. Congrats to Justin Wilson. I was shocked at how many problems there were in the pits tonight though.

There is a Sonny's bar-b-que in Dallas, TX. they opened in 1941. Maybe not the same Sonny's on the winning car but there is a Sonny's and funny thing is their logo colors are red & white.

Back
Top Bottom