Indycar Texas Race Thread

... and kudos to Will Power for a class interview and acknowledging that he did block Tony from going 3 wide into turn 3.

Great race. I'll give it an 8.

The race was good, was I the only not surprised Graham did that. He was flirting with it long enough. NBC coverage was awesome!!!

I just finished watching this race and all I can say is GOD ****** DAMN IT

Why must every ****** American ****** suck. What a ****** joke, I'm so ******** sick of seeing our Americans blow what should be wins. For **** sake.

Only good thing is Will Power didn't win.

Finally watched the race. Great race, no packs of cars, but enough side by side, close racing and passing to make it exciting. Heartbreaker for Rahal slapping the wall. And hats off to Will Power for that interview acknowledging he was wrong. Woulda figured him to whine.

Onto Milwaukee.

I just finished watching this race and all I can say is GOD ******* DAMN IT

Why must every ******* American ******* suck. What a ******* joke, I'm so ******** sick of seeing our Americans blow what should be wins. For **** sake.

Only good thing is Will Power didn't win.

That's ******* patriotism right there

I really don't like the blocking rules. The fact that they're selectively enforced makes it worse. A race shouldn't be decided by officials.

I really don't like the blocking rules. The fact that they're selectively enforced makes it worse. A race shouldn't be decided by officials.

I didn't like how long it took him to make the decision. It almost felt like the guys in the broadcast booth made it for him. It was a pretty simple call by the rulebook. As far as the rule itself, they can keep it.

That's ******* patriotism right there

haha sorry I'm just so aggravated. It looked like we were finally going to get an American to win this season but nope, choked under the pressure again. It's just beyond frustrating.

Don't get me even started about wanting to see an American win the championship again. It's the main reason I want Sam Hornish to come back to the series. Since the 2003 season we have only had 1 American(Sam Hornish in 06) win the championship. Drives me crazy.

I didn't like how long it took him to make the decision. It almost felt like the guys in the broadcast booth made it for him. It was a pretty simple call by the rulebook. As far as the rule itself, they can keep it.

I don't know, I guess officials really didn't want to decide the race. I don't like the rule, especially because it's always been selectively enforced. Does anyone believe if Dario Franchitti made that block that he'd be penalized?

I don't know, I guess officials really didn't want to decide the race. I don't like the rule, especially because it's always been selectively enforced. Does anyone believe if Dario Franchitti made that block that he'd be penalized?

Yes and I only say that because of the safety concerns about these ovals. I think moves like that are going to be a penalty every time when they are on these ovals.

Yes, especially when the block is that heavy. A slight move down, maybe maybe night, but damn, that was flat out stupid and deserved a penalty.

Do you think before you type? Do you ever find yourself getting repetitve and saying the same crap over and over again? Well, at least you didn't thrown the word "fact" in there.:rolleyes:

Does anyone believe if Dario Franchitti made that block that he'd be penalized?

In previous years, absolutely not, but Beaux Barfield is no Brian Barnhart. I'm pretty confident that kind of move will be a penalty whether it's Franchitti, Power, or James Jakes doing it. Time will only tell though.

In previous years, absolutely not, but Beaux Barfield is no Brian Barnhart. I'm pretty confident that kind of move will be a penalty whether it's Franchitti, Power, or James Jakes doing it. Time will only tell though.

We'll see, hopefully it's enforced across the board, even though I don't like the rule. Will's block was extreme though.

I am OK with the blocking penalty. Blocking someone in open wheel racing can kill people.

To Andy: it takes time for them to review an incident and make a call. The officials don't use the broadcasters opinions to make calls. How can you not realize that? Think, man. Think.

Back
Top Bottom