Indycars will not run at Vegas confirmed

It is good to put a hold on Las Vegas but when they are considering not running at Texas, that is dumb. Indycar has been racing there for quite a few years and no problems. Bernard cant afford to burn any bridges with tracks.

They are fine racing there. Bernard just needs to keep the gimmicks out of the series like... random qualification draws, twin races, hiring non-indycar series drivers to compete, having people start from the back to see if they can go to the front and win big money, excessive number of cars racing, etc.

I can go on but I think you get my point.

I completely agree with not racing on the Vegas oval, but what about a street race on the strip like they did there a few years ago?

In my opinion there's no such thing as a dangerous track. They drive dangerous cars. Fix that and they can run anywhere they want to.

Robby, crashes happen at every track. Ryan Briscoe had a very similiar accident at Chicagoland, but they still run there. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has had many fatalities but they still run there. Texas is fine.

For open wheel cars, Texas is NOT fine! Any more than Vegas is fine! Add Chicago too, for that matter.

If the rules package was to be changed so that the cars were not in a 3-wide dance of death every lap, then maybe. But it's sheer suicide to run these cars on banked 1.5 mile ovals!! Indy is flat, square and the cars are spread out in short order after the green flag flies.

Racing is a dangerous business. We all know that. But comparing Indy to Texas makes NO sense...

For open wheel cars, Texas is NOT fine! Any more than Vegas is fine! Add Chicago too, for that matter.

If the rules package was to be changed so that the cars were not in a 3-wide dance of death every lap, then maybe. But it's sheer suicide to run these cars on banked 1.5 mile ovals!! Indy is flat, square and the cars are spread out in short order after the green flag flies.

Racing is a dangerous business. We all know that. But comparing Indy to Texas makes NO sense...
ultimately it's up to the drivers. And the drivers love texas. I'd now, I've interviewed a few of them.

Back
Top Bottom