Inflate-gate

joe h

Team Owner
What you do is design a failure to drop the rear end a half inch on normally inflated tires. Do your burnout and blow both tires. Replace blown tires with over inflated tires to regain lost height.

Whether the fraction of a inch is enough to give a car enough speed to lap the field twice, if said race went caution free, is debatable. But mix in a few other subtle tweaks, and I can see a guy running a half second faster.

this is one thing they did with the track bar, they used ALOT of rake in its mounting so when the car experiences side load in the corner It also lifts the back of the car up. That is until nascar mandated it could only be a certain angle. The interesting thing is they do the opposite on plate tracks if you watch the cars under caution they actually yaw the back of the car to the left, so when its in the corner the car is straight and keeps the blade as much out of the air as possible. In this case they use the track bar the opposite way and that is to lower the rear of the car as it side loads. All kinds of stuff there. Truex and the yotas have something pretty significant, like I said Truex has a history as a driver and its not winning 5-7 races a season. Don't get me wrong I like martin, he is a great guy, lets just be honest he has a really really good car these days.

Jeff Burton countered the tire blowing argument by asking what happens if you don't win the race and therefore don't get to blow the tires with a burnout.

Jeff Burton countered the tire blowing argument by asking what happens if you don't win the race and therefore don't get to blow the tires with a burnout.
If it's a yota an official yells "hey look it's a pterodactyl flying by" they all look and move on to the next car. :cool:

Then you get caught and get a slap on the wrist, lose some of the money you won and the CC can't sit on the box. Drivers still get a top 5 for the record. No big deal so the sponsor doesn't whine to much. Most times all the interviews are done and the sponsors have their TV clips for future bragging. What happens on Tuesday is buried in the back pages next to weather predictions.

I will stick my neck out and say that when Nascar dropped the hammer on MWR, they didn't anticipate a sponsor walking and a team shutting down. It will be a cold day in hell before they do that again.

Fans performed the same back flips when #48 was dominating. Some accused Nascar of favoring GM while others decided it was Knaus cheating, or both.

Same competitions, different Olympics.

Oddly enough, if my driver finishes in 10th, why am I only mad at the winner when there are 8 other drivers who bested my guy as well? Were they also cheating? If Toyotas are that cheated up and they don't win the race, what must the winning team be doing :eek:

Might be a dumb question but what exactly it there to keep a non-race winner from doing a burnout to destroy evidence except for the fact that he'd look like a complete idiot.

Jeff Burton is a blowhard, a loud mouth, a bloviating fool -- using partial logic, he is incapable of full logic.

- Just because you might not win and get a chance to do a burnout and destroy the rear end doesn't mean you aren't going to cheat.
- And if you do win: then you are not going to take any chances if NASCAR gives you the opportunity to meltdown your tires and damage or significantly alter your vehicle in an attempt to destroy evidence.

Jeff Burton is just a "Track-Lawyer" -- anyone seriously listening to him is a fool...

Dale Junior was correct -- there is "PURPOSE" in roasting those tires and destroying your gear in the Victory Burnout.

What you do is design a failure to drop the rear end a half inch on normally inflated tires. Do your burnout and blow both tires. Replace blown tires with over inflated tires to regain lost height.

Whether the fraction of a inch is enough to give a car enough speed to lap the field twice, if said race went caution free, is debatable. But mix in a few other subtle tweaks, and I can see a guy running a half second faster.
this is one thing they did with the track bar, they used ALOT of rake in its mounting so when the car experiences side load in the corner It also lifts the back of the car up. That is until nascar mandated it could only be a certain angle. The interesting thing is they do the opposite on plate tracks if you watch the cars under caution they actually yaw the back of the car to the left, so when its in the corner the car is straight and keeps the blade as much out of the air as possible. In this case they use the track bar the opposite way and that is to lower the rear of the car as it side loads. All kinds of stuff there. Truex and the yotas have something pretty significant, like I said Truex has a history as a driver and its not winning 5-7 races a season. Don't get me wrong I like martin, he is a great guy, lets just be honest he has a really really good car these days.
Neither of you has the foggiest idea.

so whats stopping 2nd place from doing a burnout?
Technically, nothing. In recent years the season's new champion will also do a burnout, regardless of his finishing position. Stewart and Gordon did victory laps at Indianapolis as a salute to their long-time supporting Hoosier fans, though neither won.

Jeff Burton is a blowhard, a loud mouth, a bloviating fool -- using partial logic, he is incapable of full logic.

- Just because you might not win and get a chance to do a burnout and destroy the rear end doesn't mean you aren't going to cheat.
- And if you do win: then you are not going to take any chances if NASCAR gives you the opportunity to meltdown your tires and damage or significantly alter your vehicle in an attempt to destroy evidence.

Jeff Burton is just a "Track-Lawyer" -- anyone seriously listening to him is a fool...

Dale Junior was correct -- there is "PURPOSE" in roasting those tires and destroying your gear in the Victory Burnout.

Jeff is a unique individual ....... he can talk nonstop for three hours and NEVER take a breath of air !!! I have come to the conclusion that he is an alien from another planet

Robby Gordon did one in Montreal a few years back after not winning the race :XXROFL:(Although, he may have been celebrating that he kept Ambrose from winning) ;)

I think that guy just likes donuts. Everyone in his supertruck series "puts on a show for the fans" after every race. That could mean burnouts, bicycles, or crashing. Lol

Back
Top Bottom