Injured spectators planning to sue DIS

I would be pissed if uninjured fans started suing for mental anguish, even if a family member were injured.
I'm suing for mental anguish. The last two races were excruciatingly tedious, and the car sucks. Wait, someones knocking on my door....NASCAR fine department. Again. Gotta go...

Mental anguish? What about loss of consortium?

Liability insurance premiums are killing small time race tracks, and are a big reason why Nascar tickets cost so much.

Why should liability premiums be killing small tracks? Don't their tickets say the track isn't responsible for injury or death???

That's why the disclaimer on the ticket isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If the insurance company is using liability exposure to set rates they know the worst can happen and set rates accordingly.

Why should liability premiums be killing small tracks? Don't their tickets say the track isn't responsible for injury or death???

That's why the disclaimer on the ticket isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If the insurance company is using liability exposure to set rates they know the worst can happen and set rates accordingly.

and your point is?

My point is exactly what I said. Ins Co. know that disclaimer is useless when it gets to court. They are charging according to the liability they face. Pretty freaking simple.

I guess that was just a statement or something, not a reason why it costs so much to go to a track, and why small tracks are closing because they can't afford to pay the sky high insurance rates.

Tracks have a point they need to make to remain profitable and keep the track open, same as any business. Very easy to blame the Ins Co for a track closing but what reduced car counts? Reduced attendance?
NNW just barely made their count number for Vegas. High schools have all but eliminated auto shop, machine shop and woodworking. Yes Ins costs played a part but kids today just aren't interested. They rather play Grand Theft Auto or HALO or another game on a computer than open the hood of a car and work on it. Zoning laws have gotten tougher and tougher for the tracks to adhere too. People buy a house knowing there's a track a mile away and then bitch about the noise, the traffic, the pollution.
If you're going to hang your hat on the Ins Co putting your local track out of business ask the track about their property taxes. Ins cost play a part but they are only a part of problem.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/24400-spectacular-crash-mars-pro-nitrous-semis

Fences can't stop everything

DeCerbo7.jpg

He walked away, luckily there were no fans in that exact area, just 2 kids with the brains to run the other way as the car came across. Otherwise there would be lots of burn victims.

You could see them in the photo above.

@bobpockrass
ISC is paying a $1.1 million insurance deductible related to the fans being injured from the Nationwide crash.

With the terrible injuries the fans suffered, this one will probably cost 20 to 30 million to settle. Some of those injured will never be the same.

One of the more severely injured was a single mom IIRC. Thought I saw she had lost her job because she can't work. We can call lawyers all the names we want but in cases like this they are needed.

I say the hell with it. NASCAR should start having fans sign releases when they come to the race with signs that say attend at your own risk. The catchfence is just a safety device designed to keep cars out the grandstand, it's not bulletproof glass. If you come to the track with the intention of suing if you're hit with flying debris then either sit up next to the spotters, or stay at home leaving more good seats for the diehards who don't care. All due respect to those injured at Daytona, that's my opinion...

I say the hell with it. NASCAR should start having fans sign releases when they come to the race with signs that say attend at your own risk. The catchfence is just a safety device designed to keep cars out the grandstand, it's not bulletproof glass. If you come to the track with the intention of suing if you're hit with flying debris then either sit up next to the spotters, or stay at home leaving more good seats for the diehards who don't care. All due respect to those injured at Daytona, that's my opinion...

I don't think they came to the track with the intent of suing NASCAR......... fact is, this incident happened. The safety equipment did not do it's job.

"stay at home leaving more good seats for the diehards"

Look at the attendance numbers, they aren't selling those seats. There's a reason tickets for those those lower section seats are sold at half price.

The tracks should just tear down the lower section grandstands at every track. They won't do that though. Fact is, they go out of their way to sell those seats and get them full so it looks good on TV.

I don't think they came to the track with the intent of suing NASCAR......... fact is, this incident happened. The safety equipment did not do it's job.

"stay at home leaving more good seats for the diehards"

Look at the attendance numbers, they aren't selling those seats. There's a reason tickets for those those lower section seats are sold at half price.

The tracks should just tear down the lower section grandstands at every track. They won't do that though. Fact is, they go out of their way to sell those seats and get them full so it looks good on TV.

I know all of this, like I said, it was my opinion, that's all...

With the terrible injuries the fans suffered, this one will probably cost 20 to 30 million to settle. Some of those injured will never be the same.
And I hope the insurance underwriter decides to bring in actual experts (Like Fender and I) to build a real fence instead of an over sized car grater/missile producer.

And I hope the insurance underwriter decides to bring in actual experts (Like Fender and I) to build a real fence instead of an over sized car grater/missile producer.

I'm guessing they finally figure out that the chain link needs to be protected.

For years Nascar has implemented practices to keep speeds below 200 mph, their safety limit. Now the speeds are at 200 mph and the catch fence is designed to contain the car from ending up in the stands. That's great. But what about all the pieces that fly off the cars during impact? Epic brain phart from nascar. IMO.

He walked away, luckily there were no fans in that exact area, just 2 kids with the brains to run the other way as the car came across. Otherwise there would be lots of burn victims.

killer vids,DAM I MISS DRAG RACIN!

the judge will watch the fan video n say you souldnt have been there.

Back
Top Bottom