Inside Winston Cup - Jr in the hot seat

H

HardScrabble

On the show which airs at 7pm ET on Speed tonight the sceduled host seat guest is Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Might want to see if Mikey has cheered up any, Hear what Ken and Johnny think about Hendrick motors at this point.

Winston West action follows from Rocky Mountain Speedway in West Valley City, UT. Round 8 of 9 races for that series.

Good to know! I was going to watch anyway, but now I'll also be taping. :D

Thanks, HS!

oops i was designing a car for the Pontaic Daytona 500 contest and forgot all about it!! Good thing i tape it each week:booya: :ROFLMFAO:

Well, that sucked.

I'll have to go back and hear what they said before he didn't show up. I was in the next room. I didn't hear them mention his name at all. Great.

Bad idea to schedule a Jr. appearance the morning after a victory in which Sheryl Crowe participated. :rolleyes:

They said, "I guess there was some confusion as to who was going to be here and who wasn't...so uhm...I guess we'll have to show something from earlier in the year...uhm...ok what do you want to watch?"

Originally posted by abooja
Well, that sucked.  

I'll have to go back and hear what they said before he didn't show up. I was in the next room. I didn't hear them mention his name at all. Great.  
Bad idea to schedule a Jr. appearance the morning after a victory in which Sheryl Crowe participated. :rolleyes:

Boo, they didn't say it was him, just a special guest, and I thought he was at your house eating leftover red beans and rice:D Always better the next day:D

I bet Mikey's glad he didn't show (him) up. He can't seem to get enough attention.

Wonder if he was hungover,or under?:p Just funnin,nobody get out the guns.:(

Originally posted by pbunch
Wonder if he was hungover,or under?:p Just funnin,nobody get out the guns.:(

No guns. :D

I'm sure he was hungover. That's what he does.

Originally posted by paul
That can't be true...so drunk he can't keep TV appearances. :(

I'd prefer to think otherwise, but it's possible.

Or maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and he wasn't dead drunk, but just up late, partying and having a few beers. I keep late hours too sometimes. When I do, I don't wake up earlier than 10 a.m. if I don't absolutely have to. I believe IWC is taped in the morning.

If in fact Jr was to be on the show, I'm sure it was booked well in advance.

Whoever it was shows little professionalism by not showing.... unless it was a family or personal emergency, there is no excuse!

The IWC show is taped at around 10 or 11 in the morning on Monday if I remember correctly.

Have also heard the DEI holds a team meeting on Monday morning around 9 or so. Jr doesn't make those meetings either.

Missing an appearance on IWC, missing a personal appearance to attend a rock concert and missing the DEI morning meetings will not spell ruin for Jr.

For the time he is one of if not the most popular NASCAR driver. But if some advice cpuld be given, I would suggest to him that while he can get away with this now,, that may not always be the case. IMHO, he should begin to consider taking some of these responsibilities a tad more seriously. It could easily begin to wear thin for some of those around him.

That can't be true...so drunk he can't keep TV appearances

Ah yes let us assume the worse.

Fact is it was never listed "officially" on JR's appearance schedule. Fact is no one ever heard Alan state JR was going to be on the show. It was a rumor.

Tony Stewart has also blown IWC off three times this year when he was the "announced" guest.

JR had every reason to celebrate....he won a race and a million dollars and attended a press conference. He was hours late leaving which means he must have missed his ride home. (This is supposition on my part as he has been flying with DJ all season)

So lets just make some deragoatory and unproven statements about him. Gossip is so much fun!

Originally posted by Lizzycat

Ah yes let us assume the worse.

I wasn't the one that brought up that he was probably out getting smashed.

I said, "That can't be true".

:rolleyes:

and your tongue was so firmly planted in cheek Paul?

Not starting anything...just (as usual) stating my opinion.

Aren't you all sorry I am not busier at work?

Back
Top Bottom