Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

Don't like it
yeah I am not enamored with it either. I have to see how it races. If it looks like they need to add a traffic signal and a cross walk while they are at it instead of wow that was a good race it's a big fail. It's possible that there will be some action in thru there playing chicken for who's first or a KDB move that two can go thru there right. :idunno:

This is going to be absolute madness... you thought the first year of the Roval was insane? This is going to be chaos.
And the biggest madness at the Roval was on a restart. They weren't even up to full speed before they started braking.

At first glance, I don't currently object to the proposed new squiggle. The one at Charlotte certainly added to the entertainment valule. I'll see how I feel about it after the first dozen laps.

Dale Jr talking to his team during an all star race several years ago comes to mind: “this reminds me of the first time I tried flying a remote control helicopter...didn’t know what the hell was going on”

I hear you and feel the same way. I’m to old to let people in the real world bother me let alone people that I will never know. Some people you can have great conversation with even if you disagree. Unfortunately there are some you can’t.
@HoopsMcCann, are you genuinely new here at R-F?

I hear you and feel the same way. I’m to old to let people in the real world bother me let alone people that I will never know. Some people you can have great conversation with even if you disagree. Unfortunately there are some you can’t.
This is one of my favorite paint schemes ever, slightly off topic sorry but wouldnt you agree?
harry gant.jpg

This is one of my favorite paint schemes ever, slightly off topic sorry but wouldnt you agree?
View attachment 48288
Dude, All those SKOAL cars were treasures... Pressley, Gant, Schrader... I loved the 98-99 alternates they did... I think they did a red and a blue one showing different flavors... Schrader had that scheme in 98 with the gold trim and Black going through the pillars.... amazing stuff!

Dude, All those SKOAL cars were treasures... Pressley, Gant, Schrader... I loved the 98-99 alternates they did... I think they did a red and a blue one showing different flavors... Schrader had that scheme in 98 with the gold trim and Black going through the pillars.... amazing stuff!

Out of all the Skoal cars I remember my favorite was the one Robert Pressley drove the first year he drove for Andy Petree. I also liked Schrader's Skoal car with the gold numbers. I also liked Terry Labonte's Skoal Classic and Sunoco Ultra cars and Phil Parson's Kodak Olds and brown Skoal 66 car. There are so many schemes over the years that I liked such as the 2 versions of the Todd Bodine/DW Tobasco Pontiac-Chevy, the Texaco Havoline car with the red numbers and possibly my all time favorite of the modern era would be the 81 Kenny Wallace Square D lightning car. I don't recall the lightning scheme on the 55 car. Since I'm on a roll I will say I thought all the different cartoon network cars were cool too. Of course I have a bunch I liked before the modern era too.

So you guys are thinking Ian McVittie has come home again?

I think the other people I have supposed to have been must be in the poor house from paying rent to live in the heads of some of the other guys here. As long as it doesn't disturb the forum people I don't mind who people think I am or was or will be.

I think the other people I have supposed to have been must be in the poor house from paying rent to live in the heads of some of the other guys here. As long as it doesn't disturb the forum people I don't mind who people think I am or was or will be.
It won't take long

They are able to get to the flat before they have to jam on the brakes it looks like. Looks like a wreck waiting to happen going thru there two wide

Looks like it tightens up quite a bit on exit. Hopefully they can make it through and into Turn 1 two-wide. I was looking forward to drafting through the tri-oval.

Looks like it tightens up quite a bit on exit. Hopefully they can make it through and into Turn 1 two-wide. I was looking forward to drafting through the tri-oval.
Looks to me that they have moved the potential wreck/passing zone under braking from going into turn one to back to the end of turn 4 to the chicane.

Phoenix is probably one of the best tracks on the calendar today. And ISM dumping a bunch of money into it guarantees it won't go away anytime soon.
Not necessarily. Bruton bought NHIS, pumped 20 million into improvements there, and gave away our September race to Vegas.

Extra chicane is going to be tough. Tight one, with an abrupt entry to pit road. Off the throttle while still on the oval turn 4 banking.

Extra chicane is going to be tough. Tight one, with an abrupt entry to pit road. Off the throttle while still on the oval turn 4 banking.

Depending on the attachments of the driver, this could potentially be another overtaking opportunity. At the same time, with the pit road entry its either going to be brave or extremely silly.

The turn is tight, but it can be done. We'll see, its going to be a crazy race either way. Wish it didn't have stages and NASCAR would enforce local yellows... One day.

Back
Top Bottom