Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

I'm looking at Indy 500 tickets for next year.

Cost to renew a Penthouse seat in the famous turn 1 E stand is $265. Indianapolis 500 beats a NASCAR non-points race any day of the week, even at NW. And it's still cheaper.
No it doesnt. A non points race at the Famed North Wilkesboro Speedway for the first time since 1996 Trumps Indy.

See how that works? Its all personal preference and what you are willing to pay.

No it doesnt. A non points race at the Famed North Wilkesboro Speedway for the first time since 1996 Trumps Indy.

See how that works? Its all personal preference and what you are willing to pay.

I prefer NASCAR over Indycar. I'm also able to be impartial in my opinions. I've catered for clients at the Jets/Giants stadium. A few times they would throw us extra tickets. Seats were field level, 15 rows up. Most expensive seat my ass has ever sat in, that's for sure. And I knew I was the envy of the 50,000 people above me.

I prefer NASCAR over Indycar. I'm also able to be impartial in my opinions. I've catered for clients at the Jets/Giants stadium. A few times they would throw us extra tickets. Seats were field level, 15 rows up. Most expensive seat my ass has ever sat in, that's for sure. And I knew I was the envy of the 50,000 people above me.
Same here, had box seats at the Panthers games and could turn around and walk to the bar

Have you been to a race at Indy?

No, just the museum. Yeah I know it's 30% watching the cars on the track and 70% watching it on the screens in the infield. I need to do it while I'm young- I also understand I'm looking at waking up at 4am, walking 3 miles from a parking lot, and probably getting back to an overpriced hotel hopefully before midnight.

No, just the museum. Yeah I know it's 30% watching the cars on the track and 70% watching it on the screens in the infield. I need to do it while I'm young- I also understand I'm looking at waking up at 4am, walking 3 miles from a parking lot, and probably getting back to an overpriced hotel hopefully before midnight.
Okay, so you already know the downsides. No track where I spend most of the race watching the TV will trump one where I can see everything, not in my book. If you go, check the schedule for IRP.

I'm just bummed people are getting Wilkesboro tickets already and I cant figure out how besides that deal a month ago that was the "pre sale" it seemed no one could get through.

Okay, so you already know the downsides. No track where I spend most of the race watching the TV will trump one where I can see everything, not in my book. If you go, check the schedule for IRP.
Hey I had the best spot in the house at Indy and I could only see half the track. ;)

Didn't see anyone post this but Marcus Smith was on with Dale Jr.

Texas-they are working with Iracing to re do the track. They won't change the footprint because of the grandstands. They have one ok idea and several terrible ideas. The ok would be to put in progressive banking. The terrible ideas would be to flatten the track out more or increase it to Atlanta style.

Nashville Fairgrounds- says somethings will be announced soon but didn't want to say much.

If they’re gonna hold a non-US race, it better be at Montreal or Mosport or an oval outside the US.

None of the others move the needle, let F1 handle that.

Ideally I’d love to Silverstone be it. Run it in England and put on a damn show

I dunno. They have the NASCAR Euro Series for that, which already puts on a good show.

I’m just mixed on it when there’s American markets/tracks they should be going to.

A Europe or Asia race would be in a weird time slot no question.

It would be a road course, Canada's ovals are just local tracks and outside of that anything else around the world has not been used regularly. Mexican oval maybe but if they went to Mexico I'd still bet on Mexico City unless that one that had been rumored for them and Indycar comes about.

O'Donnell mentioned going down to Brazil for a meeting in the clip above. He also mentioned Brands Hatch over in England, Canada, and Mexico among others.

More on the new series

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — NASCAR today announced the creation of NASCAR Brasil Sprint Race, the sanctioning body’s fourth international series and first in South America. The series, which will begin competition in 2023, is a partnership between NASCAR and the GT Sprint Race series in Brazil.

NASCAR Brasil Sprint Race joins the NASCAR Mexico Series, NASCAR Pinty’s Series (Canada) and NASCAR Whelen Euro Series as the fourth international series racing under the NASCAR banner. In 2023, NASCAR racing will take place in 12 different countries on three continents.

I love the NASCAR Euro, NASCAR Mexico, NASCAR Pinty’s Series but I don’t wanna see places like Portland, Pikes Peak, Iowa, Memphis, Chicagoland, Rockingham, Kentucky, even Evergreen as a fixer upper maybe go to waste so they can try some cute race in Europe. IDK.

Montreal makes the most sense for a non-US race.

I get that everyone has different views and international audiences are important but I’m not a fan of NASCAR trying to be like F1 in some ways.

I love the NASCAR Euro, NASCAR Mexico, NASCAR Pinty’s Series but I don’t wanna see places like Portland, Pikes Peak, Iowa, Memphis, Chicagoland, Rockingham, Kentucky, even Evergreen as a fixer upper maybe go to waste so they can try some cute race in Europe. IDK.

Montreal makes the most sense for a non-US race.

I get that everyone has different views and international audiences are important but I’m not a fan of NASCAR trying to be like F1 in some ways.
I get what you mean but every American sport has seen that there’s an appetite for us to be seen abroad at this point, including in Europe. NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL all have some European action going on, although I do agree Canada and Mexico should be re-explored first.

Brands Hatch has been tossed around by Steve O and Jr. and that’s a place that’s long been outgrown by F1 and WSC/WEC and could use another big event. I believe F1 expanding heavily into the US has lit a fire under NASCAR a bit and they’ve also realized that opens up a bit of a vacuum in parts of Europe that may feel abandoned as a result.

One race a year overseas wouldn’t be so bad although there’d definitely need to be some financial assistance involved.

O'Donnel said in the Stacking Pennies clip above that they are looking at bringing Cup not Xfinity to Canada, Mexico and the North East sighting the large turnout on a crappy day for the Xfinity race. Lots of interest for a street race in many places. Aparently the younger demographic has less problems with the stages and the playoffs than the old school fans or something along those lines he said. Doesn't sound like any changes there. They are probably going to do something at Martinsville to de-Rossify the track.

Matt Weaver went on a tour of Wilkesboro today, here’s his thread

Back
Top Bottom