iPhone 16

I am not planning to get one. I am happy with my iPhone 13. I have been using it for more than two years and it is working great.

$1,029 with 256G. I can put a lot of music on there…🤔
Is your current phone full? Is there much on there you haven't listened to in years and could be offloaded? Can you add a bigger memory card?

I've never been big on upgrading phones regularly. I rarely take full advantage of the capabilities of what I have, so the features of new models usually have no appeal. I keep whatever I have until I break it or the operating system won't update, then buy one that's a version or two behind the latest release.

There's a lot of things I'd rather do with $1K. Just me.

Is your current phone full? Is there much on there you haven't listened to in years and could be offloaded? Can you add a bigger memory card?

I've never been big on upgrading phones regularly. I rarely take full advantage of the capabilities of what I have, so the features of new models usually have no appeal. I keep whatever I have until I break it or the operating system won't update, then buy one that's a version or two behind the latest release.

There's a lot of things I'd rather do with $1K. Just me.
My current phone is an 8. I have 11GBs of music but I'd like to add more.

I upgraded from the 11 to the 15 last year for three reasons:

1.) Final year I could trade it in and get $700+ in credits.
2.) The iPhone 11 was the last iPhone without 5G.
3.) The iPhone 15 uses USB-C, a far superior standard to lightning for charging and for using other accessories.

I won't be upgrading anytime soon as there's no need. You can keep an iPhone for years and years.

The iPhone 15 uses USB-C, a far superior standard to lightning for charging and for using other accessories.
Thank the EU for that. They got tired of people trashing chargers and cables when they switched phones. If USB-C was good enough for everybody else, they told Apple to suck it up.

Thank the EU for that. They got tired of people trashing chargers and cables when they switched phones. If USB-C was good enough for everybody else, they told Apple to suck it up.
It’s not gonna have the effect the EU thinks it will.

These phones can detect what brand cable is plugged in and limit charging and stuff.

My old Samsung would not charge if it wasn’t a Samsung brand cable and a Samsung brick or battery pack. I think they moved away from that but it was one of many things I hated about my Note8.

I know some of the lower end iPhone 15s limit the ability of the USB-C ports.

It’s not just about charging for me either. I can use my Shure XLR mic with my iPhone now with a basic adapter. Same with other accessories.

My old cords didn’t go to waste either since my Apple TV remote and my iPad both use lightning.

What I'm going to miss most when I have to ditch my Samsung A15 is the physical 3.5mm audio jack.

I wear hearing aids and they're Bluetooth enabled. They work great with the phone in the morning when I'm exercising or working in the yard. The problem is when I go to take a shower, I forget the aids are in my ears. Too often I've started to get my head wet and had to scramble to get the aids out before they get soggy.

With a physical jack, it's almost impossible to forget the corded earbuds are in. Even if I somehow manage to do that, I won't care if the cheap things get wet.

Back
Top Bottom