IRACE thread --- Homestead

I was entertained with the race. I considered it more of an IROC race because all the cars had the same setup. I liked seeing a number of drivers from smaller teams run up front throughout the race (I kinda expected that). IRACE experience seemed to make a difference. And I was impressed that Bobby Labonte was competitive with the kids younger drivers.

I was entertained with the race. I considered it more of an IROC race because all the cars had the same setup. I liked seeing a number of drivers from smaller teams run up front throughout the race (I kinda expected that). IRACE experience seemed to make a difference. And I was impressed that Bobby Labonte was competitive with the kids younger drivers.

I think Smithley and Hill are talented drivers. Hill would shine in better equipment and Smithley just needs to find a series where he can race in a competitive car.

does denny get a simulated cash purse? how about a digital trophy girl.....

Only the 2nd race I watched this year. Probably enjoyed it more than the other one even though I saw a Hamlin win.

I think Nascar made a good move broadcasting this. Good stuff. I'd watch this again.

Jimmie Johnson gets my Bonehead of the Race Award.

Yep me too, I'll be watching again. It's a pretty good substitute when there's no other sports options hopefully they dont screw it up somehow.

I was not expecting much, but FOX did as good a job as they could duct-taping it together in ~5 days.

I think it would be neat having a better video connection to the drivers. That was worse video than Facetime or Skype. Improve that so every racer can be an in-race reporter, and maybe broadcast more clips from the driver audio channel, and it would be great.

Also when Clint retires, he definitely needs to get in the booth. He was gold.

The only change I would make for future races is allowing the drivers to tune their cars for their driving style. We would likely see fewer wrecks and more passing

I would like to see the Roval next or Watkins Glen or a short track if they are all going to run the stock package.

I would like to see the Roval next or Watkins Glen or a short track if they are all going to run the stock package.
Stock package should only be used at Daytona and Talladega. This could be the time to run unrestricted at those tracks

Disagree. I loved the IROC scenario.
I love it in theory but iRacing aerodynamic physics need a lot of work. That was even mentioned during the broadcast by Gordon. Get those physics right and I'm all for IROC-style racing

Stock package should only be used at Daytona and Talladega. This could be the time to run unrestricted at those tracks
Kinda nuts, some of these Nascar drivers just started racing this week, as it was Hamlin and JR have been racing for twenty years together and it showed.

Kinda nuts, some of these Nascar drivers just started racing this week, as it was Hamlin and JR have been racing for twenty years together and it showed.
Exactly.

Allowing individual adjustments disadvantages most of the field.

Just watched the highlights on Youtube. I think it'd be cool for them to do this more often. I wouldn't be upset if I missed it, but I'd watch if I was able to.

When cloud cover was a factor, I wondered if it was real time. I looked at the radar for Homestead, not a cloud in sight. So , I'm curious as to who, and how weather timing was determined in the race...

I thought they did a great job of making it feel as real as possible. Having Jeff and Mike and something as simple as the intro and outro music was very realistic. I thought it showed possibilities for future events.

Yes the Mrs and I watched this on DVR this evening. Really enjoyed it for what it was, and wasn’t. Fun was the operative word. It filled a big hole and gave us some real entertainment apart from constant virus jabber.

Not sure if it was accidental, or quickly planned --- but when I turned on the TV, Jeff Gordon was on Sesame Street calling the worm race at Squirmedega. Dale Wormhardt was driving the #1 car carrying DuPont rainbow colors. He was the first one out.
It was hilarious.
Yes, my TV was on PBS --- was watching Little Women last night right before I went to bed.

I thought it was entertaining, especially given the circumstances. I think it was a good mix talking to drivers throughout the race.

Nascar can really capitalize on this given no other sport even really has this option

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Finishing order finally came out
1584981157777.png

Only the 2nd race I watched this year. Probably enjoyed it more than the other one even though I saw a Hamlin win.

If it's entertaining and a feel good moment is in the works, you can bet the bank Hamlin will somehow win. Guy's the ultimate buzzkill.

Busch, Hamlin and Logano are the three best drivers in NASCAR right now and it really makes me not want to watch. At least with the eNASCAR thing, you have other people in the mix not normally there, like Smithley and Hill.

Back
Top Bottom