iRacing Dirt on FS1

Fun broadcast so far, they are doing a good job of introducing the general audience to what these cars are about. Cool to see Gordon and his enthusiasm for dirt stuff. I agree that Bowyer is fun. Best of all, there's no Mikey.

I mean honestly it ran about the same length of a normal race if it goes mostly green. Pretty good, actually looked cleaner the other 2 I saw highlights of.

From what I gather, unlike the recent NASCAR races, this was not a fixed setup event. Fine with that, makes it a bit more interesting to me.

Trying to put myself in the position of someone who would watch this who doesn't typically watch dirt racing. That's what I care about, the potential to grow the tent. I think they're doing a good job of selling it without pushing too hard.

Trying to put myself in the position of someone who would watch this who doesn't typically watch dirt racing. That's what I care about, the potential to grow the tent. I think they're doing a good job of selling it without pushing too hard.
Agreed, hopefully people will check out the live Outlaws when this is over.

The late models have a lot more grip and are somewhat easier to drive.

They are overselling how much real late models can lean on each other and make contact. They are extremely aero sensitive (a bit less so on a bull ring) and they do everything they can to avoid contact. Sprint cars are actually easier to fix quickly in a pinch.

Not sure what their plans for this Wednesday night program are moving forward, but I’d definitely like to see WoO featured some more.

Open setups do add some intrigue. Wish caution laps didn’t count but I suppose FOX doesn’t mind that coding quirk.
Yeah I think they were aiming for a 1 hour block.

The late models have a lot more grip and are somewhat easier to drive.

They are overselling how much real late models can lean on each other and make contact. They are extremely aero sensitive (a bit less so on a bull ring) and they do everything they can to avoid contact. Sprint cars are actually easier to fix quickly in a pinch.

99% of the time the only way to fix a sprint car is by replacing parts or pulling a different one out of the hauler.
Late Model teams still carry a big hammer in their toolbox.
In that sense I guess you are correct.

I watched it and I thought it was good except the Sprint race was too short. I agree that they need to fix the laps counting under yellows. I will watch anything but the news.

Will be back at it Wednesday from virtual Knoxville

An out there name for this week ol' Juan Pablo Montoya will be in the sprint car race.

Has Bubba ever raced a sprint car?

Lol Clint is so mad "theres no reverse in a sprint car!"

Pretty good first run, actually really impressed by Montoya running back of the top 10

Pretty good sprint car race, far fewer cautions. Nice drive by Kevin Swindell

Larson and his love hate relationship with the wall, she wins again. Bell took a car that wasn't handling well (he said) and came in 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom