IROC At Texas

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
IROC at Texas: The Crown Royal International Race of Champions team hit the pavement at Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday in preparation for round-two of the 30th Anniversary season of Crown Royal IROC racing. For the third-consecutive year “The Great American Speedway” will host the second race of the Crown Royal IROC season, which will take place on Friday, April 7 at 7:00pm/et, broadcast live on SPEED Channel and PRN Radio. Crown Royal IROC test drivers, Dave Marcis, David Donohue, Jim and Jay Sauter recently tested the cars, collecting initial test data on all of the Crown Royal IROC race cars. IROC President, Jay Signore said, “We’re off to a good start here at Texas Motor Speedway. We’re all getting re-acclimated to the racetrack and to the Goodyear Eagle Radial race tires, which is a different compound for us this year. The tires seem to have a lot of grip, especially with the track being as green as it is and out of the box the feedback on the race cars is all good. “ David Donohue is new to the IROC test team this year, and the IROC experience at Texas Motor Speedway is completely new to him. “This is my first time in the IROC cars at Texas Motor Speedway and I didn’t have any problem getting comfortable, so I would have to say it should be a comfortable situation for the drivers who don’t do this everyday.” Although new to the test team, Donohue is not new to IROC as his father, the late Mark Donohue was an integral part of the development team that created the series and also the inaugural IROC champion in 1974.

Smoked em again! THAT was one IROC race I enjoyed. Poor Steve went downside up once more.
Betsy

i'm still trying to figure out how a car can flip at texas... this time i understand it, but i'm STILL trying to figure out how mikey flipped in the busch race in '01 or 02..i was at the race and couldn't see it...

Back
Top Bottom