IROC Champion Kurt Busch

97forever

Team Owner
With a fourth place finish in a race won by Jimmie Johnson---Kurt Busch took the IROC title today.

Great job Kurt! :cheers:

double spoiler here.....knowin who won the race and the fact WHO won the title... :bleh:

please forgive me for this, i can't resist.....Wonder if nabisco and the Keebler elves will come out with a special edition cookie to celebrate the occasion....

:p

Yep.Look for the special 'My driver is better than your driver chocolate and peanut butter creme cookies'!Yummy. :p

Seriously,I forgot to put 'spoiler warning' on this post.Sorry folks.

Anyway,Kurt is champion! :cheers:

no prob with spoiler.....not a secret when every one is reporting it...

sounds like a terrible flavor.... :wacko:

but congrats anyways to kurt.... :cheers:

IROC = :bslfag:

maybe if He had more competition it would mean something to me. But for what its worth congrats to kurt.

IROC is noted in the paper this a.m. as losing the True Value sponsorship for next year and there is no replacement on the horizon.

IROC races were not a particular fan favorite, and it is understandable why the series might fold.

It seeemd to me the format of equal car preparation was the right format but the races should have been run under more competitive circumstances. The NASCAR drivers were predominant at the high speed, drafting tracks, where should the same cars have run on tracks that were varied, it might have created a greater interest. Places such as Martinsville or Richmond and even Sonoma or Watkins Glen with the attention to detail for equal car preparation would have leveled the playing field.

Of course there is a drawback, Jay Signoreli would have had a buncha cars to repair after the short track excursions. :D

Back
Top Bottom