Is Austin Dillon the most hated driver in NASCAR?

some people like the cowboy hat, do you have a problem with that?? or do you like sissie type boys with spiky hair that should be sponsored by pantene, cough, cough like jamie mcmurray

I don't like McMurray but at least he earned his way into the sports and doesn't try to pretend to be someone he is not.

I don't like McMurray but at least he earned his way into the sports and doesn't try to pretend to be someone he is not.
funny your avatar is of chase elliott, not that I don't like him. I can't find how mcmurray entered the sport. Its pretty much a fact that just about everyone had some sort of connection. if it was a family that financed their racing. or some sort of connection to a sponsor.

I like the Dillon brothers. They seem well mannered off the track, but im not too impressed with them on the track either, maybe they're late bloomers (Joey Logano)

Even my wife says he looks like a dufus with that cowboy hat.

He does (well, they both do) have talent, just not sure how well that's gonna translate to Cup. I do know that they did a hell of a job on the dirt during Speedweeks.

I guess he doesn't mind being a big ol' target since he wears that big ol' hat. It does look dumb at a race track. Anyways, I have nothing against the Dillion brothers. They both have talent.

pickme.jpg
I have a question pick me. Why isn't everybody stompin Hamlin in the mud for takin out Danica 2 day's in a row in the same manner? Because Hamlin don't wear a cowboy hat? That's what I figured. There's no reasonable answer. Case closed.
You sir....took the letters right off my keyboard

With the Busch bros out for the near future, Dillon and his lame Cowboy hat just wrecked the 24 in Gordon's last Daytona 500. Does this solidify him as NASCAR's least popular driver?
When did Keselowski drop out of this race?

some people like the cowboy hat, do you have a problem with that?? or do you like sissie type boys with spiky hair that should be sponsored by pantene, cough, cough like jamie mcmurray
Or grow scraggly mustaches, or wear hats with feathers on the front, or never be seen without their sunglasses, or be fat, etc.

If the worst thing to criticize about a driver is his appearance, he's probably in pretty good shape. Me, I try to avoid spending much time worrying about people who annoy me. It's like that guy I sat near once who flipped off Jeff Gordon every time he came by, 300+ laps at Darlington. Dude, you spend money on tickets to spend the whole night watching a guy you supposedly don't like? Sounds like a fan-boy to me.

I think the hat looks kind of dorky, but I believe it'll become a characteristic as he ages. I'm all about individuality so whatever floats his boat.

I don't mind the guy, he does nothing for me but does nothing against me either, except turn the #24 around yesterday but you know, I don't even have a problem with that. Jeff wasn't going to win. I don't even know if he'd of made the top 10 and honestly, he should have wrecked or been wrecked the 3 laps prior the way I watched it. I find it frustrating when Jeff takes the middle lanes, I don't know if car handling was an issue or the bottom wouldn't work but he always seems to drive into the middle lane and if something happens... Good luck. But that's his style I guess, year in year out he seems to take the middle or high lines.

Austin turning him around, meh. Something was always going to happen on that last lap. If he made the move stick he could have moved more positions ahead. It didn't happen that way, but he got those few positions anyway with what happened.

I couldn't tell you where he finished in any race last year.

I think the hat looks kind of dorky, but I believe it'll become a characteristic as he ages. I'm all about individuality so whatever floats his boat.

I don't mind the guy, he does nothing for me but does nothing against me either, except turn the #24 around yesterday but you know, I don't even have a problem with that. Jeff wasn't going to win. I don't even know if he'd of made the top 10 and honestly, he should have wrecked or been wrecked the 3 laps prior the way I watched it. I find it frustrating when Jeff takes the middle lanes, I don't know if car handling was an issue or the bottom wouldn't work but he always seems to drive into the middle lane and if something happens... Good luck. But that's his style I guess, year in year out he seems to take the middle or high lines.

Austin turning him around, meh. Something was always going to happen on that last lap. If he made the move stick he could have moved more positions ahead. It didn't happen that way, but he got those few positions anyway with what happened.

I couldn't tell you where he finished in any race last year.
jeffy was the one moving all round, the 3 is not going to lift on the last lap, full speed ahead. he lifts he gets run over from behind. jeffy didn't bitch about it after the race, he know what happen.

Reactions: Lin
With the way that people talk about Austin and Ty, you would think that they were back markers. They do pretty well in their equipment. Austin had a respective rookie year and Ty had a mostly good Daytona 500.

Welcome to the forum 34R .Are you a Dillon fan ?

No not really. I am/was an Earnhardt fan, both Sr. and Jr. I've been out of touch with Nascar for a few years. I came back to Nascar because I heard the #3 car was being fielded again... At first I was pissed cause some chump was in it that I didn't know. But I realized that no matter who is in the car, Sr.'s legacy will live on. So I watched the race Sunday and got excited for Nascar again. I'm glad I came back I missed it.

No not really. I am/was an Earnhardt fan, both Sr. and Jr. I've been out of touch with Nascar for a few years. I came back to Nascar because I heard the #3 car was being fielded again... At first I was pissed cause some chump was in it that I didn't know. But I realized that no matter who is in the car, Sr.'s legacy will live on. So I watched the race Sunday and got excited for Nascar again. I'm glad I came back I missed it.

Good for you . Glad you're back.

Yeah have a lot of catching up to do. A lot of new names and faces in racing. Never liked Gordon but hate to see him retire. I'm sure he will stick around though.

• Lotsa sons around to watch . Bill Elliotts, Dave Blayneys ,Ward Burtons, Joe Nemecheks , Ernie Irvans , Larry MacReynolds , and others . Kinda fun to keep an eye on them.

Met him and his Winner of a brother @ Loudon last Sept.
Two arrogant, pompous, self centered bags of Douchery .They aren't Ambassadors of the sport, that's for sure.

Which two arrogant, pompous, self centered bags of Douchery did you meet at Loudon last Sept? The Busch bros or the Dillon bros?

I don't think that in the beginning people ''hated'' him. But I'm with many others who believe when he started racing pop-pop made sure he had the best of everything. How much of his early success was due to better equipment vs driving ability we'll never know.
In one article I saw he said he wanted the #3 and told pop-pop it was his number so he could do with it wanted he wanted. True? False? Dunno. I do know that giving the number to a upstart kid PO'd a lot of Sr fans. I do know he has failed to live up to the hype. I do know he looks like a dork in that cowboy hat. If there's hate it might be because he's earned it..just sayin'

• Lotsa sons around to watch . Bill Elliotts, Dave Blayneys ,Ward Burtons, Joe Nemecheks , Ernie Irvans , Larry MacReynolds , and others . Kinda fun to keep an eye on them.

Yeah I keep hearing a bunch of very very familiar last names (Blaney, Elliot, Irvan). It's crazy how many of the Winston Cup guys have sons on the track now. I love seeing that man.. Alot of those guys weren't very big but it's good to see their name carried on.

... But I realized that no matter who is in the car, Sr.'s legacy will live on. So I watched the race Sunday and got excited for Nascar again. I'm glad I came back I missed it.
That ties in with the 'Should car numbers be retired?' discussions. As you said, the numbers don't matter; Sr. will still be Sr., Petty will still be Petty, Gordon will still be Gordon, etc.

That ties in with the 'Should car numbers be retired?' discussions. As you said, the numbers don't matter; Sr. will still be Sr., Petty will still be Petty, Gordon will still be Gordon, etc.

Yeah of course at first I was on the retire the number bandwagon because of my love for Sr., but I started thinking from Sr.'s standpoint and I think he would want the number to live on. The number isn't the legacy. It will always have history but history goes on. I personally think the worst part about it is how the driver in the car feels. Everyone watching him to see if he "lives up to the number" which isn't the right way to think. Every driver deserves to have his own history and legacy. The number will Always be apart of Earnhardt. But I think he would want the number to be a part of someone else's history too.

Back
Top Bottom