Is everyone snowed in?

No snow here, but we did have cold rain this morning. I spent half an hour drying off my dogs after I let them out to use the bathroom.

Rain.

Friday was bad though. We had a blizzard and there were accidents everywhere and nobody went to work.

(Actually, we had 1/8" of snow but everyone acted like it was a blizzard)

Yeah....we had a blizzard warning for about 12 hours, got 8-12inches

You're living in the wrong part of the state, Bucky. We only got 3 inches of snow down in beer town. We did however, get a lot of sleet and freezing rain overnight last night. Want to come down and help scrape ice off my walkway?:beerbang:

Snow here! got a few inches. not much, but enough to cause a lot of wrecks and keep my ass at home. and its really windy here too, TRL

Well we finally got snow, however I'm not expecting it to accumuliate. It rained all day today, so nothing will happen.

A little ice sunday morning, then lots of rain....probably about 2" or so.

The snow did stick to the ground, but it wasn't anything more than a light dusting. Still, my dogs should have fun in it today, at least until they turn it to slush. lol!

Black ice on some roads Saturday night/early Sunday morning. Temps in the mid 50's yesterday and up to 2 inches of heavy rain with winds gusting to 45-50 mph.

Icy roads that are snow covered here. I'm able to work from home so no big deal. My kids school started off as a 2-hour delay that turned into a cancellation. That's two canceled days for them so far this year.

cold as hell and windy (4 with -17 wind chill) but not really that bad. rain and snow yesterday but only a few inches of snow over ice outside. schools are canceled to the north. we're right on the border of normal bad weather and really bad to the north. shrug...it's winter.

Cold and Windy today, it's an indoor day for me and my dogs.

Low of 23* this AM. But finally the wind is NOT BLOWING! *happy dance*

TRL, I recall my first year in Texas and it snowed! Me, fresh from NJ where winter dumps lots of snow and it snowed for the first time in over twenty years in College Station! My roommate was from Dallas and he had never seen snow!

Now, fifty-five years later and here I am in NC and we already had one snow, the temps are expected to get into the teens tonight. BRrrrrrrrrrrrr! Going to have to spoon with my bride after lights out.;)

Snow-Main.jpg

http://greenevillesun.com/
Photo by Phil Gentry

Cold here, too. With the wind chill, its actually below freezing! No snow, though, as SC drivers have a hard enough time in the middle of summer. :eek: :sarcasm:

We got a bit of snow for about half the day, didn't amount to much. Now it's really cold. Just a wet, miserable type of cold where you don't to go out for even a minute.

its snowing.

Cold as H E double toothpicks as Radar would say. But in reality, it isn't really all that cold as the temperature was actually 28 degrees. What made it bad was a 25 mph wind that made it feel more like ... well, you know what the chill factor is. Cut the wind and it's not too bad. BTW we have two demented carriers who wear shorts along with a short sleeved shirt and no coat. It was funny today watching those of us with brains loading our trucks all bundled up and those two idiots shivering while loading their trucks just trying to show they are masculine. :rolleyes:

CURRENT CONDITIONS
Knoxville, TN (37901)
18°F (-8°C)

Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 67%
Feels Like: 5°F
Wind: 10 mph

Wind Chill is suppose to be 0° or below.

It's fricking COLD! Not Michigan cold, but for here in December, it's daammmmnnn cold. Don't think we got above 30º today, and the wind's been blowin all day. Supposed to drop to around 19º tonight, and tomorrow another day around 30º. And theyre calling for snow on Thursday again.

And it ain't even winter yet!

It's fricking COLD! Not Michigan cold, but for here in December, it's daammmmnnn cold. Don't think we got above 30º today, and the wind's been blowin all day. Supposed to drop to around 19º tonight, and tomorrow another day around 30º. And theyre calling for snow on Thursday again.

And it ain't even winter yet!

Hey, if it's snowing, it's winter! :p

You guys are all *****ing and moaing about the cold and snow.....HELLO it is winter! Embrace it, get out in it have some fun, exercise it it. There are a lot of things you can do in winter to make it go by quicker. I personally love winter, I love the change of seasons here in New England, that's why I moved back. I snow shoe, snow mobile, Xcountry ski, and hike with my dogs in the winter. Both my wife and I get out and have fun in it. BTW my wife was born and raised on the Island of Oahu in HI, never saw snow until 1994 when she visited Flagstaff Arizona. She never knew what a winter really was though, until we moved back to Ma. in 2005. She laughs at the big snowstorms now, but at first was terrified to drive in them. Once you get over your fear of winter, there is a lot to do to make it pass quickly and to make it even fun. If you don't like cold and snow, let me ask this....why the hell are you living in a cold weather area of the country? LOL.....ok rant over, everyone drive safe and have a good day!:D

:D
You guys are all *****ing and moaing about the cold and snow.....HELLO it is winter! Embrace it, get out in it have some fun, exercise it it. There are a lot of things you can do in winter to make it go by quicker. I personally love winter, I love the change of seasons here in New England, that's why I moved back. I snow shoe, snow mobile, Xcountry ski, and hike with my dogs in the winter. Both my wife and I get out and have fun in it. BTW my wife was born and raised on the Island of Oahu in HI, never saw snow until 1994 when she visited Flagstaff Arizona. She never knew what a winter really was though, until we moved back to Ma. in 2005. She laughs at the big snowstorms now, but at first was terrified to drive in them. Once you get over your fear of winter, there is a lot to do to make it pass quickly and to make it even fun. If you don't like cold and snow, let me ask this....why the hell are you living in a cold weather area of the country? LOL.....ok rant over, everyone drive safe and have a good day!:D

I haven't been *****ing.:D

Well right now, in Salisbury, NC it is 21F (-6C), and it snowed on Sunday, and it'll snow again tonight.

Brrr, am I the only one who thinks this is the coldest winter we've had to date, and we haven't even had the Solstice yet!

Niflheimr is strong this year, that's for sure.

Well right now, in Salisbury, NC it is 21F (-6C), and it snowed on Sunday, and it'll snow again tonight.

Brrr, am I the only one who thinks this is the coldest winter we've had to date, and we haven't even had the Solstice yet!

Niflheimr is strong this year, that's for sure.

Just wait until Jan., you haven't seen anything yet.;)

Back
Top Bottom