Is this finally the year?

Efisher131

750 truther
11 faces, 13 races. Is this the year we get to 16 winners?

Some of the non-winners include:
Martin Truex Jr
Ryan Blaney
Kevin Harvick
Tyler Reddick
Chase Briscoe
Aric Almirola
Christopher Bell
Erik Jones
Daniel Suarez
Bubba Wallace

All of these guys have been in contention in one or more races. There are also 2 more superspeedway races that anyone can win.

Martin Truex Jr
Ryan Blaney
Kevin Harvick
Tyler Reddick
Chase Briscoe
Aric Almirola
Christopher Bell
Erik Jones
Daniel Suarez
Bubba Wallace

All of these guys have been in contention in one or more races. There are also 2 more superspeedway races that anyone can win.
Briscoe won at Phoenix

No this is not the year. 5 more different winners is highly unlikely from a statistics standpoint. As your winners increase the likelihood of a first time winner gets exponentially smaller.

Honestly MTJ and Blaney are the only two guys I would expect to win this season, and I'm sure they'll be another guy on that list who's a wildcard... and that's probably it.

Martin Truex Jr
Ryan Blaney
Kevin Harvick
Tyler Reddick
Chase Briscoe
Aric Almirola
Christopher Bell
Erik Jones
Daniel Suarez
Bubba Wallace

out of that list, I expect Bell to win, Blaney multiple times before the playoffs, MTJ to win multiple (TRD and Gibbs are coming on) and Harvick to get one. I'd be surprised if anyone else on your list win one before the playoffs. I think Kyle Larson, Kyle Busch, William Byron, Chase Elliott and Ross Chastain win a few more in the coming weeks here, time is becoming an issue for these other guys that havent won.

out of that list, I expect Bell to win, Blaney multiple times before the playoffs, MTJ to win multiple (TRD and Gibbs are coming on) and Harvick to get one. I'd be surprised if anyone else on your list win one before the playoffs. I think Kyle Larson, Kyle Busch, William Byron, Chase Elliott and Ross Chastain win a few more in the coming weeks here, time is becoming an issue for these other guys that havent won.
And I forgot Denny Hamlin.... I think he wins another before the playoffs.

Well, another somewhat unexpected winner brings us to 12 winners with 10 races to go. Several road courses are left to go, 2 superspeedways as well. I would love to see 17 winners but I think 15 is the number we get.

Well, another somewhat unexpected winner brings us to 12 winners with 10 races to go. Several road courses are left to go, 2 superspeedways as well. I would love to see 17 winners but I think 15 is the number we get.

I can honestly say that I had expected Suarez to win this year. He has had a competitive car all year. I still expect a win from blaney and truex. Harvic has been running much better so he can probably get one, and anyone can get one at Daytona so I think we get 16.

I’d settle for more competitive racing and fewer cautions.
I don’t care how many different winners there are.

Define "more competitive"

We have 12 different winners.....that seems pretty damn competitive to me. But you say you don't care about how many winners in the same breath as wanting more competitive racing?

Ryan Blaney, Tyler Reddick, Martin Truex Jr, and Bubba Wallace are all due for a win.

Aric Almirola will be a serious contender at New Hampshire. Kevin Harvick will probably be a contender in three or four of these races. I could see Brad Keselowski being up front at Watkins Glen. Bubba Wallace will probably win at Atlanta or Daytona.

He’s hung up on the lack of practice because he’s a Kyle Busch fan

Yeah, I saw that thread. Kyle Busch blames his team's struggles on the lack of practice, so KB fans call for more practice and cite the increase in cautions as their reasoning. :rolleyes:

I opened this thread with the hope that the "is this finally the year" would be "is this finally the year we scrap the dumbass playoffs/points system NASCAR is using, and go back to how the Winston Cup did it in 2003.

I opened this thread with the hope that the "is this finally the year" would be "is this finally the year we scrap the dumbass playoffs/points system NASCAR is using, and go back to how the Winston Cup did it in 2003.
As we used to say back in 2003, “Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!”

You mean award the best driver all year the championship? What the hell would be fair about that?

Clearly, the people who own and operate the business and their significant partners, the broadcasters, intend to remain on their current course. It’s been 20 years.

They’re aware of your displeasure and well aware that you’re still watching.
Are they aware that attendance and ratings are down 50+% since they switched the format the first time?

I‘m sure they are.

TV likes the format. They paid $ 8.8 Billion for 10 years worth and they’ll go again starting in 2025.

How many more road course races are left on the schedule? That 34 team ran a good race Sunday. I'd like to see McDowell notch a win outside of a superspeedway at some point and with this new car he's got a legitimate shot to do it too.

How many more road course races are left on the schedule? That 34 team ran a good race Sunday. I'd like to see McDowell notch a win outside of a superspeedway at some point and with this new car he's got a legitimate shot to do it too.
At least three - Road America, Glen, Charlotte Roval.

Clearly, the people who own and operate the business and their significant partners, the broadcasters, intend to remain on their current course. It’s been 20 years.

They’re aware of your displeasure and well aware that you’re still watching.
I watch because I like racing. I’d watch a full season championship if the champion was crowned with 3 races to go also, because I like racing.

So would I and likely everyone else here.

My point, as you’re well aware, is that the format isn’t changing. Ever.

I’d say if you asked people in 2002 they thought the same thing
People in 2002 knew Winston was headed out the door, a once inconceivable change. By 2003, we knew Sprint's assumption of title sponsor would include some changes. It was widely rumored the points system was headed for an overhaul.

I dislike the playoffs at least as much as many others here. Until the Frances ask me to take over, that ship has sailed. Hope all you want, but don't expect. (See also Rockingham.)

Back
Top Bottom