ISC Earnings Down in 2016

Sorry didn't mean to touch a nerve! haha
We were mainly talking about the AZ teams. As you mentioned the Coyotes are going from I think 18k seating to 16k seating and they are sharing the facility with ASU. The DBacks are complaining about their facility being old (which is a joke) but they want to move into a much smaller stadium, possibly one of the spring training stadiums that only seat about 15-20k which is a significant drop from their current stadium, 49k. There was no talk that hockey was doing poorly, just that teams are moving to smaller stadiums to make more money. IMO Hockey has one of the best products in sports right now. I watched the all-star skills competition for the first time last weekend and thought it was a ton of fun to watch. My wife and I also went to a Coyotes game for the first time this season. It was a ton of fun and I would definitely go back. Too bad the Coyotes suck and are currently located on the AZ/CA border. I think I'll go a lot more often when they get relocated back into town.

In my opinion, hockey is the best sport to see live. You see much more than what's on TV (line changes, anticipation of where the puck will go, etc.) Soccer is a close second, NASCAR third. Football and baseball are best consumed on TV and the NBA is only tolerable is you're up close (which is insanely expensive.)

I didn't see anything in the article that said earning were down.

Good eye. Ticket sales were down. Net income is in fact, up over 2015.

Net income for the year-ended November 30, 2016, was $76.3 million, or $1.66 per diluted share, compared to a net income of $56.6 million, or $1.21 per diluted share in 2015. Excluding adjustments for a legal settlement, costs related to certain track redevelopment projects, marketing and consulting costs incurred associated with DAYTONA Rising, losses associated with the retirements of certain other long-lived assets, capitalized interest related to certain track redevelopment projects, gain on sale of Staten Island, gain on transition of merchandise operations and a net gain on sale of certain assets, non-GAAP (defined below) net income for fiscal 2016, was $68.1 million, or $1.48 per diluted share. This is compared to non-GAAP net income for fiscal 2015 of $67.3 million, or $1.44 per diluted share.

http://www.internationalspeedwaycorporation.com/Articles/2017/01/ISC-Q4-Release.aspx

Back
Top Bottom