Isn't there a minimum speed that cars must maintain?

zevious

Team Owner
I would think coasting to a win like that would be under the minimum speed? If Jr.(for instance) had come back onto the track and was going as slow as Carl, they would have black flagged him for being under the minimum?

Wouldn't they?

What do you think?

I was wondering the same thing at the time he was coasting around. I guess that min speed is as vague as a NASCAR rulebook.

It's not a minimum speed per se. It's somethign like 70% of the pole lap time. So if pole speed was 32 seconds, min speed would be like 42 seconds and change.

I wonder if this information is posted somewhere? Maybe some disgruntled Roush employee has the data? :D

Many people, myself included, asked the exact same thing earlier this year when JJ won in the exact same fasion. Heck, he even almost got run over by 2 cars that were racing for position. Cam't remember which race it was thhough.

Many people, myself included, asked the exact same thing earlier this year when JJ won in the exact same fasion. Heck, he even almost got run over by 2 cars that were racing for position. Cam't remember which race it was thhough.
Phoenix, spring race.

When will they black flag that car? A driver has five laps to obey that flag before they stop scoring them. I don't think a car could coast for five laps and if they have that big of a lead, they could stop for a gas and go.

Back
Top Bottom