it is right?

L

little>E

is it right to let them call me names????? so its ok for them to do it? how does that work? is it because they have more post? i have a opinion that i do not like the way gordon won. so what? you guys must live in a fantasy world to not hear the world blow. lol omg. i don't understand how this works. they sit and tell me that de jr is a loser but when i say it about gordon i am wrong? ok so how that work?

Is this where you are restricted? I really hope you stick it out.........a fellow Jr fan is always welcome. But you need a little more tact in how you express your displeasure! :) I don't think I heard anyone say Jr was a loser..........just that he did not win. Well he didn't win.......but he advanced in the points by a pretty good margin. And that's what it's all about........he's headed for a Championship. Let's cheer him on. :cheers: :cheers:

Look man, its cool to have an opinion, its cool to dislike what happened today, thats your right. But to come to our board like a tornado and venting the way you did, bashing Gordon and using foul language is not gonna fly around here, we run a clean board and we would love to have you a part of it. Good clean debate is great. Try again after you have cooled off and listen to what some of these people have to say and you may just like it here.

I was pretty upset about the ending of the race too. Everyone has to express how they feel, and we gotta stick up for our favorite drivers. But in doing so we have to be very careful with the interests of others. My way of approaching it is to mix my feelings along with the feelings of others. Such that Jr should have won but with 5 laps to go anything could have happened, anybody could have won. Just kinda let your emotions out before you come on here, I gave it a day B) As for the name calling I haven't experienced or read any of that. Shame on those people. I'm sure a lot of us Jr fans share the same opinions but look at the bright side, it was a great points race. Jr has about an 88 point lead over Jimmie Johnson, the biggest spread of the year. :D

little>E, please read the sticky about RESPECT.

Chill a bit, think before you post and you just may be a welcome addition to R-F.

Quite honestly, it's not the # of posts a member has, but the quality and respect one shows even if we disagree that helps make this forum home to so many.

Strange, Good Clean Debate? You mean, squeaky clean?

Then why is it that EatMorePossum says that Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kevin Harvick "blow" a month or two ago and then EatMorePossum gets away with it. Why is it that EatMorePossum also says "he'd like to grab a sneaker and stick it up Kevin Harvick's @$$?" and he continues to get away with it. Months before that and yes, the 'a' word is defined in all it's magnificent glory.

Hmm, does this not generate interest to you people?

Originally posted by Happy29@Apr 26 2004, 11:10 PM
Strange, Good Clean Debate? You mean, squeaky clean?

Then why is it that EatMorePossum says that Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kevin Harvick "blow" a month or two ago and then EatMorePossum gets away with it. Why is it that EatMorePossum also says "he'd like to grab a sneaker and stick it up Kevin Harvick's @$$?" and he continues to get away with it. Months before that and yes, the 'a' word is defined in all it's magnificent glory.

Hmm, does this not generate interest to you people?
Trust me, Happy.... I wonder about it at times...

I think we all wonder some times Happy and Nick...........trick is to not let it get to you!! I know, I'm not the best one for that advice but I try!! :D But, for the most part, the stuff is said tongue in cheek............so it's pretty easy to laugh along with them. :)

I don't let it get to me... I just let it go. I learned over the last few months that it is the best thing to do.

Well if thats the solution, then quite simply, could people have just ignored the member in question (the member who started this thread) and quite simply have gone off into their merry way?

What if unlike you guys, someone interpets the EMP-Kevin Harvick deal as not a tongue-in-cheek thing but almost as an insult to their favorite driver because there are lots of people who are willing to almost certainly fight to the death over their favorite driver and there are people who dont take these kinds of things as a joke and those people I'm sorry to say, won't "back down and laugh" when their favorite driver gets insulted. To them, thats like a slap in the face.

The point I'm trying to get across here is that EMP's stunt though trivial as some see it maybe seen as an insult by others, what I'm saying is that stunts like those provoke more driver bashing and more and more and more until this place becomes like Thats Racin Forums or any other forum on the net. The problem is what EMP said, made me think: hey, if he can bash my favorite driver, then I can do that to any driver I want! That mentality will spread and I'm sorry to say, I'm surprised the mods didnt step in, it's not a question of whether the mods are doing enough, its a question of really the holes that aren't being sealed.

Well, dude, I mean we can't just reach thru the phone lines and smack em! Bitchin' like a bunch of school girls won't get anything accomplished... everyone knows that. If someone disses Harvick, yeah.. I'll bitch, but I won't declare war on them. I'll admit, EMP gets on my damn nerves when he talks the way he does about Harvick, but what can ya do besides stick up in a positive manner? Nothing at all.

Unless you wanna take it upon yourself to drive cross country and beat the piss outta them...

i have just got to the point to where i dont care what ppl think of my driver. most of ya'll know im a Robby Gordon fan and he dont have many fans out there that i know of, so if someone says something bad about him, i just dont let it get to me and go on.

I for one don't think EMP crap is tonge and cheek. He is dead serious about it. I know he HATES Harvick with a golden passion. He can't hardly make 3 or 4 psot with out bashing then man.

Originally posted by Gollum@Apr 28 2004, 02:03 PM
I for one don't think EMP crap is tonge and cheek. He is dead serious about it. I know he HATES Harvick with a golden passion. He can't hardly make 3 or 4 psot with out bashing then man.
Well, if he can't go any longer without talking about him, he must have something special for him....

Originally posted by Gollum@Apr 28 2004, 12:03 PM
It's deeper than that Gollum...........anything, and I mean anything even remotely related to Earnhardt he hates. That includes RCR. It's a problem of his. It does get to me too. And to be honest, I think the mods could do more..........I've said so in the past but it hasn't changed much. So I'll try to tongue bite as much as I can.........ain't guaranteeing nothing though!! :D Forums are for fun. And when it stops being fun, it's time to move on. That's my policy..........and so far, it's worked. Most members here are here for fun..........some are here to bitch about anything and everything. I'll call 'em on it when I get a belly full. They have a problem with me, then I won't fight 'em. I'll find a place where I can have fun. Or I'll do what I did before I ever found NASCAR racing forums.......watch my races and read news and info from websites I have stored in my favorites. :D

Originally posted by slick-nick@Apr 27 2004, 01:50 AM
Well, dude, I mean we can't just reach thru the phone lines and smack em! Bitchin' like a bunch of school girls won't get anything accomplished... everyone knows that. If someone disses Harvick, yeah.. I'll bitch, but I won't declare war on them. I'll admit, EMP gets on my damn nerves when he talks the way he does about Harvick, but what can ya do besides stick up in a positive manner? Nothing at all.

Unless you wanna take it upon yourself to drive cross country and beat the piss outta them...
:yawner:

Better grow some first.

I just found all this whining tonight. I've had better things to do than look for it.

You guys are 100% correct. I despise Harvick, Childress, and the Earnhardts. If I could have the priviledge of spitting in one man's face, it would be Richard Childress. My opinion of Harvick is only slightly higher. Is it a problem? I guess it depends which side of the debate you're on. I'm at total peace with it, and sleep very well every night.

I too put up with people bad mouthing my driver(s) of choice. The difference is, I have a life away from here. I feel no particular need to defend every move someone else makes. I don't take it as a personal insult if someone else doesn't like the same driver I do. I don't whine and cry like an infant if things don't go my way. And I don't make veiled threats against others who disagree with my opinions.

Get a few more years under your collective belts and you might grow out of it. Or not.

Good to know I've stimulated such involved debate. I didn't know you all cared so much.

As to this thinly disguised attempt at baiting me into sinking to a level below my norm, nice try. I been on this site before, and left it when it got to be too much BS. I can do it again if I like. I come here for amusement, not the bread of life. Again, my world is a bit bigger than this place.

If you get this bent out of shape over someone's opinions about something as unimportant as a race car driver, life is going to be very difficult for you and I would strongly suggest you see a therapist for identity issues.

One last thing and I'm done with the both of you forever. Had I truly tried to get under your skin, you would have something to complain about. I've seen more races than the two of you put together, and think what you will of me but I do know what I'm talking about. If you don't like my opinions, do what I do with yours 99% of the time: skip them. No skin off my hide.

You fellers have yourselves a blessed evening now, y'hear?

An aside to any mods who venture upon this: Do what thou wilt, I don't really care. But if I'm going to be jumped and subjected to statements such as "beat the piss out of him", expect a response. Then again, we are dealing with children...

Originally posted by slick-nick@Apr 27 2004, 01:50 AM

Sound familiar now?

Originally posted by EatMorePossum+Apr 30 2004, 07:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EatMorePossum @ Apr 30 2004, 07:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--slick-nick@Apr 27 2004, 01:50 AM

Sound familiar now? [/b][/quote]
That was aimed towards Happy29. Everything isn't about you, ya know.

Back
Top Bottom