It runs in the family

T

TN-Ward-Fan

A strong case for genetic predisposition to jerkdom. Reposted from Thatsracin.com.

Elliott takes Waltrip intrusion in stride
By AL LEVINE
Atlanta Journal-Constitution

LONG POND, Pa. - Bill Elliott won the pole Friday for this weekend's Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono Raceway, but Michael Waltrip, who was third-fastest, was the star of the news conference that followed.
Waltrip was asked about the condition of the track. At last month's race at Pocono, a leaky track wiped out qualifying. Last week at New Hampshire a new track surface began coming apart during the New England 300.

A very pleased Waltrip said: "I just want to go kiss it because it's not turning to gravel, and it's a great track, and there's plenty of room to race, and it's not a piece of crap like we've experienced recently."

Waltrip looked over at Ricky Rudd, the second-fastest qualifier, for his opinion and said, "Ricky, the same, right?" Rudd replied, "I wouldn't have said it quite that way."

A few minutes later, Waltrip interrupted the session: "If y'all could not attach my name to that crap comment, would you just keep that among us and use your creative freedom to try to make my point? My mom used to tell me that it's a small mind trying to express itself when you use a word like that."

"Good save," said Jimmie Johnson, the highest-qualifying rookie (seventh).

"Yeah, we'll see tomorrow how it works out," Waltrip said. Then he walked over to a writer's computer, typed something, and interrupted Elliott's part of the news conference to suggest everyone read what he had composed.

"Just real quick, if you want to know what I think is good to write, me and Mike got it worked out here. Come by and see his story. I like the way I'm quoted."

Unflinching, Elliott handled the intrusion into his pole celebration as smoothly as he had driven his No. 9 Dodge around Pocono's hanger-shaped 2.5 miles in 170.568 mph (52.765 seconds).

It is Elliott's fourth pole of the season, his fifth in 42 races at Pocono and 55th career pole. He is third among modern era pole-winners, behind Darrell Waltrip (59) and David Pearson (57).

Elliott hasn't capitalized on his three previous starts up front. After winning the pole at Atlanta in March, he finished 35th after crashing. The pole at Texas in April turned into a ninth-place finish. And last week at New Hampshire, Elliott was on the pole, but a bum carburetor exiled him to 34th.

"You keep chipping away at it," Elliott said. "(The pole) gives not only good track position but a good pit selection on Sunday. All that starts to equate. Hopefully, it'll all come together.

"Last week we had a problem, and it wasn't anybody's fault. It was just one of those situations that happens in a race car."

With two top-fives and eight top-10 finishes, Elliott is 10th in Winston Cup points.

(end of story)

SHUT UP MIKEY - Act like you have been there before...oops, I guess you really haven't. I thought, rather I hoped and prayed, he didn't suffer from diarrhea of the mouth as his older brother does. Guess I was wrong. He ain't funny, he ain't cute, and he ain't much behind a wheel. Hope he stays with DEI forever.

Amen Ward fan...

But people just eat him up like he's the best thing since bread came sliced.

Seems to me the writer of this little article could have left the part about Michael out. If he's so concerned with Bill Elliott getting the attention he deserves, focus the article on Bill Elliott. Looks like he just couldn't pass up the opportunity to bash Mikey. That's what this is, a bash Michael Waltrip article.

Why is it well deserved? Does it change anything? Is he going to be a new person after this article? He is who he is. Nothing anyone says is going to change that. You just except people for who they are and move on. It's not like he killed anyone. He's just a little full of himself. Big deal. He can't help it. And I think we all already knew this. Is he now going to report to us every obnoxious, annoying, thunder stealing thing Michael does to prove something everybody already knows? It was really a waste of an article in my opinion.

It was a great article in my opinion.

Walhit gets on his show every Monday night and insults every single driver in the field, and people eat it up because he drivers for DEI.

He needs to get more of his own medicine...any article or news clip that shows him for the absolute clown that he is is a good one in my book.

Originally posted by paul
It was a great article in my opinion.

Walhit gets on his show every Monday night and insults every single driver in the field, and people eat it up because he drivers for DEI.  

He needs to get more of his own medicine...any article or news clip that shows him for the absolute clown that he is is a good one in my book.
I haven't noticed him insulting everyone. "Every Single Driver"? And Michael has been running really well lately. Not too much wall hitting as of late.

Of course you don't notice him whining and insulting everyone else...you like him.

Of course you don't notice him whining and insulting everyone else...you like him.
I love Inside Winston Cup and I love him on the show. It is a great show with him and Johnny and Ken. And since he's started racing like he wants to win I've gained some respect for him. The rest I can easily ignore.

He won one race.

One.

Is he walking on water now? Turning water into wine?

Before we go any further, do you enjoy DW during the FOX telecasts?

I cringe sometimes. I can do without the boogity boogity boogity. But it doesn't bother me like it does most folks. I can live with him. In fact, I would hate to see him go. He loves racing and I'm glad he gets to have a small part in it. As I said before, the rest I can easily ignore.

No I dont enjoy DW on the Telecasts...Even Bestwick is better. And Mickey all of a sudden has a pair of wins and thinks that he is god. Come on Mickey dont let this TINY! bit of success get the better of you. You go and interrupt Elliott cuz you want people to see what you have written, arent you cool. Give me a break, In this instance that is an embarresment to the sport, and not at all gentlemenlike. What he did makes him look like an a$$.

So the guys are sitting around with reporters. Reporters are asking questions and the guys are responding. Now these guys live and work together 3 days a week. Their kids play together, their wives all hang together. They have personal relationships with each other that are as tight as most brothers and sisters.

So Mikey "interupts"? More than likey, he waited untill Bill finished answering a question to interject his appeal to not quote him. Other drivers spoke up. Bill didn't *handle* the intrusion. He knows who Mikey is, and probably calls him *friend*. Point is, they were all being interviewed at the same time.

Sounds to me like the writer is trying to sell ice cubes to Eskimos.

He won one race.

One.

Is he walking on water now?  Turning water into wine?

Before we go any further, do you enjoy DW during the FOX telecasts?
He's won 2 races. :p

2, technically. If you wanna count plate races...:rolleyes:

Mikey thinks he is the funniest, cutest, wittiest thing to come along since his obnoxious loud-mouthed arsehole of a brother. He ain't. He's annoying, rude, and totally irrelevent. Bill and Rudd, the classy veterans that they are, simply allowed hi t o make a monkey of himself again. Then, when ole blabbermouth realized what he had done, he tried to get the writers to cover his tail for him. Maybe the little creep thought NASCAR might fine him for bad mouthing them, and he might have been right.

He needs to stick to what he does best. Blocking for Junior and finishing 26th the rest of the time.

I said one race because trish said how great he he's been running "lately".

Back
Top Bottom