Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

Directors are some a-holes man... LMAO:

E_F4DyhXIAUg272

When will Max learn how to race properly I wonder? He had already driven Lewis off track on lap 1 when Lewis had the pass almost made. Got off the hook there in my opinion. The guy had 1 clear goal today and that was to punt Lewis one way or another. Succeeded

Check out this picture

47817639-9982827-image-a-33_1631455647272.jpg

I'm sure that's recoil instincts but it looks pretty bad. It gives the sensation he felt at least some of the weight.

Confirmed, Max's rear tire landed on his head. Saw a replay and Lewis himself confirmed it.

First, how about that halo? Ugly as hell, but today it may have saved another life. They really need to adopt the aero-screen for further protection and better aesthetics.

Max ran Lewis completely off the road in the second chicane on the first lap, so the next time they got close, Lewis just didn't give him an room. Max was right up on the curb, so there was nowhere for him to go except over the curb, and off the "racing surface."| Completely Hamilton's responsibility, and maybe worth a penalty ...... but I don't give a damm. Lewis is dome being bullied, and now he's going to defend himself.

I haven't read what Horned has had to say, but I am sure we're going to get two solid weeks of smack.

Superb drive by Ricciardo. Absolutely superb. Same with Norris and same with Botas.

Mclaren seems to have found something over the break. Maybe it's worth looking back to Spa. Norris really should have been on pole, and today Ricciardo was on the front row, so Mclaren is definately for real, and could feature strongly for the rest of the reason.

lol your takes
Clinically, there's no doubt. Emotionally, maybe, but it sounds like both of us liked the result.

Where did you expect Max to go? Look, the last thing in the world I want to do is give Max a break. No doubt he is the dirtiest driver on the grid, so he does not deserve a break. Look at the pattern. Max got exactly what he has been doing to everyone else.

Take a look at the video again and you'll see Max is right up against the curb. Hamilton just squeezed him a little too much. Max never backs off and Max never leaves the other guy room. Hamilton knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe Lewis just said "How you like me now?" No one could blame him as dirty as Max has raced him.

From a clinical point of view, Hamilton was fully responsible, but maybe you missed the part where I said I don't give a damm. I'm actually on Hamilton's side here and he was fully justified. Max has been squeezing anyone who challenges him, pretty much for an entire career, so he deserved this. He's been begging for it. I'm glad he finally got it, but the sad part is he is so stupid that he won't learn a damm thing and will probably race even dirtier than ever.

Finally, I hope Hamilton does not get a penalty. The action itself probably deserved a three place grid penalty, but digging deeper, Max picked a fight. Max was being a bully, Max has always been a bully, and everyone loves to see a bully get their ass smashed. If the FIA does nothing over this, that's the reason.

Clinically, there's no doubt. Emotionally, maybe, but it sounds like both of us liked the result.

Where did you expect Max to go? Look, the last thing in the world I want to do is give Max a break. No doubt he is the dirtiest driver on the grid, so he does not deserve a break. Look at the pattern. Max got exactly what he has been doing to everyone else.

Take a look at the video again and you'll see Max is right up against the curb. Hamilton just squeezed him a little too much. Max never backs off and Max never leaves the other guy room. Hamilton knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe Lewis just said "How you like me now?" No one could blame him as dirty as Max has raced him.

From a clinical point of view, Hamilton was fully responsible, but maybe you missed the part where I said I don't give a damm. I'm actually on Hamilton's side here and he was fully justified. Max has been squeezing anyone who challenges him, pretty much for an entire career, so he deserved this. He's been begging for it. I'm glad he finally got it, but the sad part is he is so stupid that he won't learn a damm thing and will probably race even dirtier than ever.

Finally, I hope Hamilton does not get a penalty. The action itself probably deserved a three place grid penalty, but digging deeper, Max picked a fight. Max was being a bully, Max has always been a bully, and everyone loves to see a bully get their ass smashed. If the FIA does nothing over this, that's the reason.

Its simply wrong.

If we are using the term racing incident that’s fine. But there is always one who is more predominantly at fault. Today, that wasn’t Lewis by a mile.

Lewis had the position
Lewis had the lane
Lewis left enough space so that a car could theoretically fit

At no point was Max in control of the spot. He decided all on his own to take the curbs and launch himself into Hamilton.

No idea where you’re getting this idea that Hamilton is responsible for a car that’s behind him, let alone suggest a penalty. It’s kind of nuts.

Go to 0:41. Do you see a car's width there? Again, I don't give a damm. Max got exactly what he has been doing to everyone else. The only way the result would have been better would have been if Hamilton drove off and left max beached.

Its simply wrong.

If we are using the term racing incident that’s fine. But there is always one who is more predominantly at fault. Today, that wasn’t Lewis by a mile.

Lewis had the position
Lewis had the lane
Lewis left enough space so that a car could theoretically fit

At no point was Max in control of the spot. He decided all on his own to take the curbs and launch himself into Hamilton.

No idea where you’re getting this idea that Hamilton is responsible for a car that’s behind him, let alone suggest a penalty. It’s kind of nuts.

I am curious what your thoughts on the Ocon penalty are?

It was a racing deal between two guys not yielding to each other.

Both should've played it smarter, especially since Max was certainly going to get by the next corner with Lewis on cold tires.

Go to 0:41. Do you see a car's width there? Again, I don't give a damm. Max got exactly what he has been doing to everyone else. The only way the result would have been better would have been if Hamilton drove off and left max beached.

It's a corner, lane is going to close up eventually. Initially there was space and time for Max to either stick a move or take the exit. He did neither.

Ok then stop bringing up non relevant drivers in a conversation about an unrelated incident. You played yourself

Lol, I was asking for your opinion on an accident that happened in the race, an incident they replayed quite a bit on the broadcast, and which one of the drivers involved was penalized. It wasn't an obscure question, as there are similarities between the two incidents. You are so opinionated about the accident between Max and Lewis that I was honestly curious of your opinion, no need for the snark.

Lol, I was asking for your opinion on an accident that happened in the race, an incident they replayed quite a bit on the broadcast, and which one of the drivers involved was penalized. It wasn't an obscure question, as there are similarities between the two incidents. You are so opinionated about the accident between Max and Lewis that I was honestly curious of your opinion, no need for the snark.

Don’t take me too seriously at these times. I’m always heated after a race no matter the outcome. I say stuff all the time I don’t mean so just ignore me or laugh it off. Happens often with @Kiante and me and very rarely with my best mate @FLRacingFan.

You guys are my dudes so I know I can let out some steam and vent most of the time without a frackas. Lol

There was no reason for Max to check on Lewis. Hamilton was still spinning the tires and trying to pull out from under Max's car. Lewis was still racing mode.
Checking on him would have been pure BS.

It's a corner, lane is going to close up eventually. Initially there was space and time for Max to either stick a move or take the exit. He did neither.
Even if you take the history between the two out of it, the whole incident was so, so, so close. If Hamilton left him any room, it was next to nothing. Max was ok until he hit the curbing, and that launched him into Hamilton. At best (or worst), if Hamilton had left just a little more room, the whole thing could have been avoided, and Max should have seen it coming and backed out. The whole thing revolved around Max hitting the curb and that set the whole thing off.

There was still plenty of time for Max (in the better car) to pass Hamilton back, but he threw that away being stubborn, which is what happens when you race every lap like it's the last one.

Having had time to study the video a little more, I'm going to revise my verdict to racing incident. I had not seen that view from the inside until I found it on YouTube, but it's a little more revealing. Before I was watching the space between the cars, but the shot of Max launching off the curb put a new light on things. Max was doing as much as he could to avoid a wreck, but once he stuffed it in there, he was comitted.

And finally, I don't give a damm either way. Max has had this coming for a long, long time, and he finally got it. Now let's see if he's a smart guy, or a stupid moron who doesn't learn from getting his ass busted. Maybe that's the real problem. Max hasn't really gotten his ass busted to the point it actually hurts, but if he keeps it up, that's coming.

There was no reason for Max to check on Lewis. Hamilton was still spinning the tires and trying to pull out from under Max's car. Lewis was still racing mode.

I'm sure it was just to give him the evil eye, or to give him the unspoken (Tony Montana) "Look at choo now, you c*ckaroach."

And and, there's this............

Last edited:

Or he could have been dead and his foot stuck on the throttle?

There is no denying the ramifications of how nasty this accident would have been without the halo because even though it clearly saved his life, it also didn’t stop half the car from landing on his helmet.

Checking on someone that just had that kind of crash is actually the norm but I digress.

There is no denying the ramifications of how nasty this accident would have been without the halo because even though it clearly saved his life, it also didn’t stop half the car from landing on his helmet.

No kidding, but the halo needs to be a little higher (especially near the rear) or the driver needs to sit a little lower. Imagine that happening if that wheel was spinning under power. This is where I think Indycar's Aeroscreen has an advantage. It doesn't angle down towards the rear and would have probably provided better protection from- that sort of intrusion.
Checking on someone that just had that kind of crash is actually the norm but I digress.
Between these two, running back and smacking the guy on the head would have been more appropriate, and made better TV. You can't fake entertainment!

You may have noticed both drivers were very, very measured in their comments. Maybe they both know it's a shared responsibility kind of thing. That, and there has already been so much smack all year long its getting tiresome for everyone.

Or he could have been dead and his foot stuck on the throttle?

The tires were stopped after the crash and then he he attempted to back up. It was a dangerous situation and halo saved his life, but it was clear he was not dead and that he was conscious.

Any communication would have been ridiculous, they probably hate each other.
Just taking a long walk back to paddock to calm down made the most sense.

Back
Top Bottom