It's all about Homestead

Dustin Long seems to be real sure the new format will lead to more chase schedule changes each year. I hope that includes season final.

what are testing rules / limitations for '14 ? .......specially @ homestead .

Dustin Long seems to be real sure the new format will lead to more chase schedule changes each year. I hope that includes season final.
A plate race, a short track and a road course in each 3 race segment, with a Homestead finale, should be exciting.

Gotta agree with FB on this one. The race track matters sooo much more in NASCAR than the stadiums do in the NFL. Every one talk about home field advantage, but it can't possibly compare to the importance of a race track.

I remember a time when Bobby Labonte sucked at flat tracks. Then he got good at them and won at Pocono twice in one year. While some drivers are better than others at certain tracks I have no doubt in my mind that a driver and team like Jimmie Johnson, or any other for that matter could get good at a track like Homestead. If they are going to do this type of Championship then Homestead is the best track to do it at since it is pretty generic.

I hope we don't have another Richmond at Homestead. I wonder how wide team cars might get during that race.

Well the rules do say that the highest finishing driver will win the championship. I don't know how team rules could help that, unless of course the team rules were to take out the other drivers.

Great. Next we're gonna have tracks paying to be the final venue - just like the Super Bowl. Will we get cool commercials too?

Man if they're gonna go all out on this bull**** playoff idea, take all of the drivers who aren't competing for a championship in the chase off of the track. Leave the final 4 to a 75 lap, two pit stop sprint all by themselves

Well the rules do say that the highest finishing driver will win the championship. I don't know how team rules could help that, unless of course the team rules were to take out the other drivers.
Driver 1 is in the lead.. driver 2 is in third.. behind driver 1's teammate.... you do the math. Doesn't have to wreck him.. but doesn't have to make it easy for him to get by.

Man if they're gonna go all out on this bull**** playoff idea, take all of the drivers who aren't competing for a championship in the chase off of the track. Leave the final 4 to a 75 lap, two pit stop sprint all by themselves
So..... your idea is to go stick and ball all the way? Who would want to invest the money to go to a race with four drivers especially if the driver that they root for isn't in the race?

So..... your idea is to go stick and ball all the way? Who would want to invest the money to go to a race with four drivers especially if the driver that they root for isn't in the race?
:D

I think one thing that needs to be changed is the chase drivers should run on a separate points system from the non chasers. 1-16 system with max points being 21 in a race.

Each Cup organization -- regardless of how many cars it fields -- will be allowed four tests of its choosing at NASCAR tracks. They can go to the same track four times is they want.

thanks dp.
but unlimited time at non cup tracks.....like nashville ?

thanks dp.
but unlimited time at non cup tracks.....like nashville ?
Yep as much as they want at the non-NASCAR venues. They went to those rules starting again last season. You know though that they are only one pencil stroke from changing at any moment so who knows what may happen?

Yep as much as they want at the non-NASCAR venues. They went to those rules starting again last season. You know though that they are only one pencil stroke from changing at any moment so who knows what may happen?
DP I'm in my usual state of confusion, is it non Nascar tracks or non cup tracks that the cup cars have unlimited access to?

Don't give me too much credit. My memory is not what is once was.

Is that why you put everything down in the form - so you can keep track? Problem with that is someone is always on hand to remind you when you're wrong LOL.

Actually, I appreciate reading about some of Nascars rules here, as sifting through their site for stuff is brutal., so thanks.

Everything that I read makes it sound like outside of the four allotted test sessions per organization, the others have to be at tracks that do not host NASCAR events. The wording is sketchy at best. I do know that tire testing at track, preseason testing @ Daytona and other testing mandated by NASCAR do not count against their allotment.

Homestead's one of the better tracks on the circuit. The Truck Series always puts on a good show there and has since the beginning of time and the Nationwide Series also puts together exceptional exhibits. There have been some great Cup races there in the past and, honestly, the number of good races there outnumbers the bad races.

Great. Next we're gonna have tracks paying to be the final venue - just like the Super Bowl. Will we get cool commercials too?

the only one's racing will be the field, the final four will be too busy staying in front of each other for the freaking points. that is the reason for the dismal stats for drivers at homestead, if they have their place all sewed up, they are just riding around and looking in the mirror.

Everything that I read makes it sound like outside of the four allotted test sessions per organization, the others have to be at tracks that do not host NASCAR events. The wording is sketchy at best. I do know that tire testing at track, preseason testing @ Daytona and other testing mandated by NASCAR do not count against their allotment.

interestin little tidbit :
went ta petty driving experience site.
14 tracks listed over usa.......but 15 dots on usa map.
homestead not listed.
but 3 dots are in florida ----daytona...orlando.....an 1 way south of those 2 ....at southern tip.
hhmmm ....??

Homestead I feel is either hated on immensely for being the race that decides everything or liked to the point of denial for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom