It's been 15 years: What do you think happened with Jeremy Mayfield?

Be Honest: What do you think was the deal with Jeremy Mayfield?

• NASCAR was 100% in the right. Mayfield fell off because he liked meth. What's the surprise?

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Truth somewhere in the middle: Mayfield liked partying and but NASCAR didn't like Evernham exposure.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mayfield was totally screwed because he told the truth and got All Sport as a sponsor.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

virtualbalboa

driver of corey day bandwagon since 2022
No point in repeating the statements from both. You've heard 'em both a million times. Can't go pretending that Evernham wasn't bonking Erin Crocker these days when I see her working the studio for NASCAR or Dirtvision. Mayfield has also, uhh, made choices in the subsequent years.

There are only two people who know the truth:

Jeremy Mayfield
Dr. David Black

I'd say NASCAR too, but it's ENTIRELY possible that Mayfield recorded a false positive or the test was mishandled and Dr. Black knew that and covered it up, as the lab has been accused of doing in court before. These are the only two people who know for sure.

Reactions: Pat
This thread should be fun
1727980668980.gif

All I've heard was that Jeremy was abusing methamphetamine. I haven't heard anything regarding Evernham or sponsors.

Since I'm ignorant, I didn't vote.
He alleges that NASCAR targeted him because he told a writer that Evernham Motorsports had gone in the toilet due to Ray Evernham cheating on his wife with his developmental driver Erin Crocker. Erin Crocker Evernham now works for MRN.

He alleges that NASCAR targeted him because he told a writer that Evernham Motorsports had gone in the toilet due to Ray Evernham cheating on his wife with his developmental driver Erin Crocker. Erin Crocker Evernham now works for MRN.
So supposedly it wasn't in NASCAR's interest to have Evernham exposed?

I've decided I don't have an opinion on a topic this old.

So supposedly it wasn't in NASCAR's interest to have Evernham exposed?

I've decided I don't have an opinion on a topic this old.
That's his claim. I'm not telling you whether or not to believe it and in fairness not having an opinion is an excellent response.

I’m not saying he did or didn’t do meth. But I will say he doesn’t look like someone who’s been a meth user, at least a heavy one like they want us to think. Meth really messes people up, and he doesn’t give off that look. But he could’ve just got lucky.

I have absolutely no clue what Mayfield used to do in his private life. All I know is meth is no joke, Mayfield did not look like a meth user to me.

Mayfield wasn't in his prime racing years anymore anyway, and his results on the racetrack were declining.

That said, NASCAR must've had a reason to make the decision to ban him.

Didn’t the feds raided his house and actually found drugs, guns and a wad of cash?

He was probably not a user but a provider, Walter White style.

I could be persuaded to believe either side of this messy tale, but the biggest question I have always had was that Jeremy claims some massive conspiracy to run him off, but at that point in his career, why would he even be on NASCAR's radar? It would like waking up tomorrow and finding that NASCAR had "Declared war" on JJ Yeley.

I could be persuaded to believe either side of this messy tale, but the biggest question I have always had was that Jeremy claims some massive conspiracy to run him off, but at that point in his career, why would he even be on NASCAR's radar? It would like waking up tomorrow and finding that NASCAR had "Declared war" on JJ Yeley.
Lol, I didn't know the timeline. I didn't follow that story very well. Pretty strange to have all of those charges dropped. I guess we will never know the real story as they say.

Back
Top Bottom