It's time for our weekly display of Madhouse stupidity.

I will never understand how anyone finds that crap entertaining.

You know that old joke that people only go to NASCAR races to see the wrecks? Well apparently that joke is more real to life than we've realized, and those people go to Bowman Gray.

You know that old joke that people only go to NASCAR races to see the wrecks? Well apparently that joke is more real to life than we've realized, and those people go to Bowman Gray.

And they'll tell you it's a good race and then remind you that 15,000 people go to that **** each week. Someone's going to get killed at that track one of these days.

reminds me of roller derby with cars. nobody remembers who won, they just remember they had a good time...what they can remember anyway.

reminds me of roller derby with cars. nobody remembers who won, they just remember they had a good time...what they can remember anyway.

What's funny is according to the BGS fans, they weren't even any winners at the Mod Race.

This place is a ****** joke. How bad do you have to **** up that you don't even know who won!?

Jeez...at least KOMA gotten their **** together after two races.

that attracts people who like to yell and scream, laugh and jeer, the crowd is as much entertainment as the race, most of them don't care who wins as long as there is the boogy man chasing around another one. That is what they remember. Seems to be working pretty good, drawing more people than figure 8 or demo derbys

that attracts people who like to yell and scream, laugh and jeer, the crowd is as much entertainment as the race, most of them don't care who wins as long as there is the boogy man chasing around another one. That is what they remember. Seems to be working pretty good, drawing more people than figure 8 or demo derbys

Yea, I just wish they wouldn't call it racing, because it's not.

I am surprised there aren't more Bowman Gray's around the country.. There is racing and then there is racing, just like there is wrestling and there is wrestling. Making a buck, not my thing, and I don't think pro wrestling is real either, but it has been around for years. Monster truck racing? packs the house. Stadium motocross, more popular than the real thing.

I am surprised there aren't more Bowman Gray's around the country.. There is racing and then there is racing, just like there is wrestling and there is wrestling. Making a buck, not my thing, and I don't think pro wrestling is real either, but it has been around for years. Monster truck racing? packs the house. Stadium motocross, more popular than the real thing.

Because Bowman Gray's model wouldn't work anywhere else. The track has A LOT of history, got a boost in popularity from a reality TV series and is smack dab in the middle of three million people. A track in Bum**** Nowhere can't compete with that.

Because Bowman Gray's model wouldn't work anywhere else. The track has A LOT of history, got a boost in popularity from a reality TV series and is smack dab in the middle of three million people. A track in Bum**** Nowhere can't compete with that.
I wouldn't know, of course I didn't think an indoor midget race would work in the middle of winter in the middle of the country, but that dang Chili Bowl is still going and making A LOT of history and there has been copies of the idea that have popped up.

I wouldn't know, of course I didn't think an indoor midget race would work in the middle of winter in the middle of the country, but that dang Chili Bowl is still going and making A LOT of history and there has been copies of the idea that have popped up.

You're comparing a NATIONAL event to local short tracks. Fail. And Tulsa, Oklahoma isn't exactly "Bum**** Nowhere".

There isn't a single short track in the country that enjoys the support Bowman Gray gets and the circus act is what draws the fans. But they're in a metropolis with mega-market television stations supporting them.

If you put South Boston Speedway in the middle of Baltimore, Maryland, that place would also pack out.

I don't know what's going to happen when someone gets killed at Bowman Gray Stadium. If this stuff keeps up, they're going to kill someone. I actually know a lot of people who quit going there recently. But their presence has been replaced by a bunch of inbreeds.

You're comparing a NATIONAL event to local short tracks. Fail. And Tulsa, Oklahoma isn't exactly "Bum**** Nowhere".

There isn't a single short track in the country that enjoys the support Bowman Gray gets and the circus act is what draws the fans. But they're in a metropolis with mega-market television stations supporting them.

If you put South Boston Speedway in the middle of Baltimore, Maryland, that place would also pack out.

20 years ago it was locals from Kansas, Arkansas, Texas and Oklahoma. you really don't have a clue. Bowman Gray isn't a short track, it is a stadium, and watch your language I am not impressed. And like I said I am surprised there aren't more bowman grays. deal wit it.

20 years ago it was locals from Kansas, Arkansas, Texas and Oklahoma. you really don't have a clue. Bowman Gray isn't a short track, it is a stadium, and watch your language I am not impressed. And like I said I am surprised there aren't more bowman grays. deal wit it.

Still, it's a once-a-year event intended to draw a large crowd. Local tracks may have one of those each year, but they are trying to get by with their Friday/Saturday night show. I'd say it is like comparing Knoxville Raceway to [insert your closest dirt track here], but at least Knoxville has a weekly show. have Heck, it's held in an "Expo Center" which, according to their website, also happens to hold 15,000 spectators like that "Stadium" in Winston-Salem. Know what they call the "Expo Center" in most of the towns that host local tracks? The American Legion building. Tight fit for midget racing.

I see your point, but the point I was trying to make is that something like Bowman Gray or indoor midget racing, who'd a thunk it would work, not me. But with all the old high school stadiums around that aren't being used around the country, I am surprised that somebody hasn't tried to copy the Bowman Gray thing. Notice I am not calling it a race :laugh: it's a thing.

Fair enough. Probably, in that sense, the biggest obstacle is money. Gotta have someone financed enough to convert a place like that into a racetrack and pay the purses for the show until fans start showing up. If you've got that kind of money, there's probably more reasonable ways to spend it.

Back
Top Bottom