Jack has his answer

Matt Kenseth is the 12th all-time winningest driver in NASCAR history.

He is not over hyped, nor is there a debate about him vs. Bayne. History speaks for itself.
You flipped that 2 and 1 around. I do agree with you though...

I really don't understand this continuing argument over Matt Kenseth.
If Jack is satisfied ---- my opinion doesn't matter.
It seems as if Jack and most of us on this board are able to acknowledge that Matt is one of the most accomplished NASCAR drivers of all-time, but for some reason, one person on here has taken a big issue with that. :p

Matt was brought back to find out what is lacking in the RFR cars. Stenhouse drives OK but he has to be on the edge all the time just to keep up.
JGR had Kyle and Denny, they hired Matt because he is a proven champion and they needed to get better. Then they brought in Carl hoping to be a true contender and Carl ALMOST did it.

There is something wrong at JGR ( I have no idea what) but Denny couldn't seal the deal twice and Kyle has not been a contender for the championship neither. ( the gifted championship doesn't count).

I believe JGR decided to let Matt go so they could cut some salaries and got caught because Carl refused to drive again. I think what ever is wrong at JGR is why Carl resigned.

Matt was brought back to find out what is lacking in the RFR cars. Stenhouse drives OK but he has to be on the edge all the time just to keep up.
JGR had Kyle and Denny, they hired Matt because he is a proven champion and they needed to get better. Then they brought in Carl hoping to be a true contender and Carl ALMOST did it.

There is something wrong at JGR ( I have no idea what) but Denny couldn't seal the deal twice and Kyle has not been a contender for the championship neither. ( the gifted championship doesn't count).

I believe JGR decided to let Matt go so they could cut some salaries and got caught because Carl refused to drive again. I think what ever is wrong at JGR is why Carl resigned.
Carl got screwed by a Brian France BS caution. And left.
Matt has been hired to work out the kinks at RFR. Stenhouse is as good as he’ll ever be.
Roush needs drivers.

Carl got screwed by a Brian France BS caution. And left.
Matt has been hired to work out the kinks at RFR. Stenhouse is as good as he’ll ever be.
Roush needs drivers.
You don't think Stenhouse would improve if he had better equipment?
I think he is better than 20-25 place drivers AND just as good as the guy in the #10. :p

You're wrong. So wrong on so many levels thats its mind boggling how you could be so wrong. Everyone with an IQ over 1 knows Matt is a Championship caliber driver. So if you dont think so Im just going to go ahead and assume you dont.
Then why isn't he in a ride worthy of a championship?

Then why isn't he in a ride worthy of a championship?
It’s been explained to you over and over. Economics and his age. The money he commands with his history wasn’t feasible given the time he has left. He should have taken a pay cut but probably thought if JGR wouldn’t pay SHR or Woods with Penske or maybe another open ride would. I heard Brad took a pay cut so these vets a gettin the message that with less sponsorship dollars coming in, they are going to be out if they don’t work with the teams on salary.
And I think Matt to be quite the douch after the deal with the 22 but can’t deny his talent.
Now, has his talent waned with age? That’s possible as he didn’t do much last year but he’s been one of the best most of his career.

It’s been explained to you over and over. Economics and his age. The money he commands with his history wasn’t feasible given the time he has left. He should have taken a pay cut but probably thought if JGR wouldn’t pay SHR or Woods with Penske or maybe another open ride would. I heard Brad took a pay cut so these vets a gettin the message that with less sponsorship dollars coming in, they are going to be out if they don’t work with the teams on salary.
And I think Matt to be quite the douch after the deal with the 22 but can’t deny his talent.
Now, has his talent waned with age? That’s possible as he didn’t do much last year but he’s been one of the best most of his career.
Give it up. He's not open to any explanation that doesn't conform to his preconceptions. Let him have it.

First off I am not a fan of Roush, Fords or Matt. But roush brought him in because of his experience. He's only been in the car for three races and he has said they are making a little progress. It's not time to throw him under the bus. Yet.:)

Back
Top Bottom