Jack Roush/Kyle Busch

97forever

Team Owner
Jack got in a mild stab at Kyle regarding his defection to the Hendrick camp according to the Birmingham news this morning:

"Many broken cars and broken hearts will come along before he[Kyle]matures.Not really sad that I am going to miss it".

Interesting comments.Still not sure of Kyle's reason for the defection as Jack is pretty 'high' on the Busch brothers.Has to be a slap in the face to Jack.
May be a catch for Hendrick as most sources say Kyle is possibly even better than Kurt.

Jeff Gordon all over again.Ford needs to stop the bleeding!
Losing guys left and right to Chevy and Mopar. :(

Kyle left Roush Racing because he was going to be in the Truck sereis for 3 or 4 years before he moves up to the Busch series. By going to Hendricks he will drive in some ARCA races as well as 7 Busch races this year and run for ROTY next year in the Busch series. Kyle also did not want to stay in Kurt's shadow and he felt the best way to do it is by changing teams.

I read that as well.Not real sure if that schedule is on a different curve than Roush had planned or not.I think eventually Kyle is going to drive the 5 car,probably sooner than later.

And it will make for interesting conflict for sure regarding Kurt vs.Kyle.Should be fun to watch,though!

I just wonder how Kurt is taking it. Wonder if he's pissed at Jack for saying that about Kyle. I know I'd be.

He may be a little p'od. But with the money that Jack is paying him he wont say much if anything.

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 6 2003, 07:23 PM
Jeff Gordon all over again.Ford needs to stop the bleeding!
Losing guys left and right to Chevy and Mopar. :(
happy chevy is geting more drivers :D

Back
Top Bottom