James Cameron: The Force Awakens lacked imagination

Says the man who embellished a historical event

Visual imagination.

This Star Wars movie didn't provide much in the uniqueness. I think that's what Cameron was talking about.

Imo, Avatar might not have an original story (neither does the Force) but he kills it with the visuals and special effects.

I saw Avatar like 3 times. First time in a normal theater, then in 3D and then 3D Imax. Couldn't get enough of the visuals.

Avatar was boring and Star Trek told that story better. However Cameron is right,TFA is not very good. Only reason it got so much praise is fanboyism.

Visual imagination.

This Star Wars movie didn't provide much in the uniqueness. I think that's what Cameron was talking about.

Imo, Avatar might not have an original story (neither does the Force) but he kills it with the visuals and special effects.

I saw Avatar like 3 times. First time in a normal theater, then in 3D and then 3D Imax. Couldn't get enough of the visuals.

The Force Awakens had character development. And I'm sick of Lucas fanboys claiming it's the same as "A New Hope" because of a giant death star and planet destruction. The Legends books they swear by, and now complain aren't Canon, featured planet destruction and death stars on at least five occasions.

One major difference is that "A New Hope" was a closed ending (Death Star blown up by rebels, celebration, credits) while The Force Awakens had an open ending (Rey fighting Kylo Ren, Rey meeting Luke).

The similarities didn't bother me. It was a damn good movie that opened up a new chapter in Star Wars.

Back
Top Bottom