Jason Leffler

W

wlfyk62

Jason Leffler and Hass-Hendrick Motorsports announce that Jason Leffler would be the driver in the 0 car in the 2004 Nascar Nextel Cup Series.

The problem for this year is that Jason is under contract with Jim Smith, and thereby with Dodge. Both Dodge and Ford, with the GN folks likely of the same mind, have been pretty touchy about drivers from their stable driving in another series in competitors brand cars (trucks).

Any way, the deal with Jason the #0 is for next year, which I assume means he will fulfill this years contract with Ultra. Now that he is a "lame duck" that too might change.

Jason has done much better in the 0 car than Jack did! I hate to see him have to give up almost half the year just because of a manufacture deal, but thats buisness!

I am glad he is coming back to cup! He kind got shafted with Ganassi when Cingular left the team and went to RCR.

Hmmmm.......

Seems that maybe he is gonna, or maybe that is he gonna maybe if....or it could be that he has possibly and could maybe........

Heck..ya'll figure it out. Latest word is the latest word.

Leffler not signed, still trying

If I were Jason I'd have drove that car any way!

I'd have made a statement that I'm not owned by Dodge or Smith & after years of watching how a contract is done in na$car I'd take my chances. With the experience that I'd learn in the cup car,it would only help me in the truck !
Seat time is exsensive & you only get better with time behind the wheel. I'm thankful for all that Smith & Dodge have done for me, but this isn't another truck it's a car in another series, one to which I'm trying to return to.

Jason Leffler is in the #0 Hass Automotive-Hendrick Motorsports for the 2004 Nextel Cup Series

Jim Smith is allowing Jason Leffler to drive the 0 car so he can have exprience for next season cup.

I thought Smith was saying for 3 or 4 races Lefler would be able to run in the 0 car. Lefler might want to break the contract, but he signed it and should abide by it. After all Smith and Dodge have a stake in the possibility of Lefler getting hurt running the other cars that would affect their own operation.

Originally posted by Oldgoat@Aug 23 2003, 11:37 AM
I thought Smith was saying for 3 or 4 races Lefler would be able to run in the 0 car. Lefler might want to break the contract, but he signed it and should abide by it. After all Smith and Dodge have a stake in the possibility of Lefler getting hurt running the other cars that would affect their own operation.
I was under the same impression OG?But who really knows?At any rate Leffler seems talented enough.

Back
Top Bottom