Jason Priestly

Z

Zakspeed

Looking at all the crashes that have happened in the IRL, it comes as no surprise - its the Intermediate Racing League!

Technically speaking, Jason wasn't in the IRL, he was racing in the "Infinity Pro Series". Unlike stock cars, open wheel race cars were not made to "bump & grind". That doesn't make it an inferior or "Intermediate" league, it simply makes it a different racing league. Speaking of the "bump & grind", while the body of a stock car can handle the bump & grind, it doesn't always survive it......nascar has PLENTY of wrecks too. LOL, I guess Tony Stewart and Robby Gordon are "intermediate drivers".

I think the Infinite Pro Series has a major flaw in their car design, and should investigate this. i attended their first race at Kansas speedway and the crashes didnt seem that bad but the drivers end up with serious injuries. We see the IRL cars at speeds in excess of 220 and crash in the same ways but the driver walks away.

Originally posted by BebiF1
I think the Infinite Pro Series has a major flaw in their car design, and should investigate this. i attended their first race at Kansas speedway and the crashes didnt seem that bad but the drivers end up with serious injuries. We see the IRL cars at speeds in excess of 220 and crash in the same ways but the driver walks away.

Thats a great point because the Infinite Pro Series Drivers are getting hurt more then the other Indy car organizations! I think they need to take a step back and find a way to make their drivers safer so no one else gets seriously hurt!

I can think of a way for them to be safer.....Switch to Nascar Winston Cup....MUCH SAFER CARS!

Back
Top Bottom