Jeff Gluck has been reading the board

more than willing to sift through new members added by the publicity. can't be any worse than the last bunch!!!(sarcasm)

on that note: TRL- The Best Ever!!! (translation for youngsters: G.O.A.T.)

last call: I haven't been here as long as several others, but can't imagine anyone better than to take this place national than Allenbaba. Well done. and thanks for considering us worthy.

more than willing to sift through new members added by the publicity. can't be any worse than the last bunch!!!(sarcasm)

on that note: TRL- The Best Ever!!! (translation for youngsters: G.O.A.T.)

last call: I haven't been here as long as several others, but can't imagine anyone better than to take this place national than Allenbaba. Well done. and thanks for considering us worthy.

I had one sourpuss from another forum try and poison the well for me before I even had my feet on the ground. I thought I was on a Dynasty rerun.

I am pretty sure we giving Gluck some entertaining reading :D

Industry insiders such as PR reps, reporters and even team members have lurked around and even posted on here quite a bit. I've actually hired people to write for me direct from this forum before. ...
I remember my efforts to blog back in the mid-'00s. A tech site encourage all members to blog on IT jobs, activities, careers, etc. I quickly abandoned the effort as being too much freakin' work: getting my facts straight, expressing myself clearly, etc. And I wasn't even under any deadlines.

I've met Jeff Gluck many times and got to hang out with him in a few Tweet Suites at the track. Very cool guy and not just a reporter but a true fan/enthusiast. I admire that about him and am not surprised at all that he reads this forum.

Well, this is the best NASCAR forum I'm aware of, so I'm not surprised someone like Jeff Gluck would read our posts.

Jeff Gluck - if you're reading this, hi there. :waver:

Jeff Gluck is one of the very few top quality journalists working Nascar full time, IMO. I really hope his new gig is in Nascar. We'll find out on Monday.

Jeff Gluck to the 5, confirmed by Jeff Gluck hisownself. But a tongue-in-cheek joke, so we'll have to wait until Monday for real news of his new gig.

I bookmarked his site. I'm interested to see how this works out for him. Been a fan of his for years.
Me too . I would make a small contribution . It could be a great way to get questions answered . At the track ,or not , the internet keeps him in contact with every team .

I think this is a great concept. Honestly, "crowdfunding" is the future of journalism, Gluck's just getting ahead of the curve. And I think this really gives the average fan a voice too.

I think this is a great concept. Honestly, "crowdfunding" is the future of journalism, Gluck's just getting ahead of the curve. And I think this really gives the average fan a voice too.
It also means they better put some effort into their work or the funds dry up.

I'm glad he pointed that out and that I'm not the only one that thought the commercials were stupid. They had a Daytona Day commercial with the Simpsons (and what we were told was Dale Jr.) in it and it had virtually no connection to the Daytona 500 that I could tell, and I'm a fan. How are casual fans going to put that together?

Also, the general language in the commercials is pretty discouraging. "You're going to throw a Daytona Party??? But you drive a Prius with kids seats". (Use your best snotty girl voice you can think of to say this.) http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...x-daytona-500-promo-the-mick-daytona-day.html
How is that going get more people to watch the race?

How hard is it to show a bunch of fans sitting around a big screen watching the race? Or better yet, people at the track including the actual racing action and not necessarily the crashes!
And what about this new segment format that is supposed to attract these new fans? Why aren't they promoting that? or Monster being the new sponsor?
I would even settle for showing Gordon winning the Rolex 24 and that he will be announcing the race. He has been on the talk shows hasn't he?

I'm glad he pointed that out and that I'm not the only one that thought the commercials were stupid. They had a Daytona Day commercial with the Simpsons (and what we were told was Dale Jr.) in it and it had virtually no connection to the Daytona 500 that I could tell, and I'm a fan. How are casual fans going to put that together?

Also, the general language in the commercials is pretty discouraging. "You're going to throw a Daytona Party??? But you drive a Prius with kids seats". (Use your best snotty girl voice you can think of to say this.) http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...x-daytona-500-promo-the-mick-daytona-day.html

How hard is it to show a bunch of fans sitting around a big screen watching the race? Or better yet, people at the track including the actual racing action and not necessarily the crashes!
And what about this new segment format that is supposed to attract these new fans? Why aren't they promoting that? or Monster being the new sponsor?
I would even settle for showing Gordon winning the Rolex 24 and that he will be announcing the race. He has been on the talk shows hasn't he?

I did not see any of the Super Bowl ads but from what has been described this Daytona Day thing was a complete cluster.

Funny, because The Simpsons have already done a NASCAR parody on what the typical non-nascar fans tunes into nascar for

Another article/post by NASCAR Shill Jeff Gluck..... SARCASM INTENDED

Brian France shows up at Daytona drivers meeting, makes weird comment

Brian France, who is the HEAD OF NASCAR, made a strange comment prior at the start of the sport’s biggest race on Sunday.

Standing in front of all the drivers and VIPs at the pre-race drivers meeting, France announced he was about to speak on a competition topic — “which I don’t normally do.” (And there’s a reason for that, one would think.)

France began by saying NASCAR accepts blocking and understands it. BUT…

“Do not look for NASCAR,” he said. “When you block somebody out there — and it’s going to happen today — it causes almost all the big incidents — do not look for NASCAR. You’d better hope there’s a Good Samaritan behind you who is going to accept that block, because they have that lane.”

Dude, what are you even talking about? Unless I’m mistaken, the only wreck caused by blocking during Speedweeks was the Denny Hamlin/Brad Keselowski battle for the lead during the Clash. Otherwise, the Big Ones (like in the Truck and Xfinity races) have been caused by ill-timed bump-drafts or just mistakes in tight pack racing.

But…blocking?

Huh?

In the current package for Cup restrictor-plate races, blocking is HOW YOU WIN THE RACE. Brad Keselowski, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano are masters at blocking (alternate word: “defending”) their positions out front, nullifying the runs that come behind them.

No one disputes this or has a problem with it. All 40 drivers in today’s race understand if they get out front they MUST block.

So I honestly have no idea what France was getting at, or why he said that, but I guarantee you it didn’t help his credibility in the garage.

http://jeffgluck.com/brian-france-daytona-500-blocking-comment/

Speedweeks 2017 and this new found forum marks the first time he has
hit my radar. Then I heard him on sirrius/xm talking with the hosts Sunday
of the Daytona 500. So he is completely new to me. Hopefully I will learn
a few things from him and keeps ax grinding to a min. Goodluck to him
in his new venture. Certainly interesting. Maybe he, or someone like him,
can fill a void left by the Jayskis change. Opportunity there,hint,hint.

Brian France, who is the HEAD OF NASCAR, made a strange comment prior at the start of the sport’s biggest race on Sunday.

Standing in front of all the drivers and VIPs at the pre-race drivers meeting, France announced he was about to speak on a competition topic — “which I don’t normally do.” (And there’s a reason for that, one would think.)

“Do not look for NASCAR,” he said. “When you block somebody out there — and it’s going to happen today — it causes almost all the big incidents — do not look for NASCAR. You’d better hope there’s a Good Samaritan behind you who is going to accept that block, because they have that lane.”

Dude, what are you even talking about? Unless I’m mistaken, the only wreck caused by blocking during Speedweeks was the Denny Hamlin/Brad Keselowski battle for the lead during the Clash. Otherwise, the Big Ones (like in the Truck and Xfinity races) have been caused by ill-timed bump-drafts or just mistakes in tight pack racing.

But…blocking?

Huh?

In the current package for Cup restrictor-plate races, blocking is HOW YOU WIN THE RACE. Brad Keselowski, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano are masters at blocking (alternate word: “defending”) their positions out front, nullifying the runs that come behind them.

No one disputes this or has a problem with it. All 40 drivers in today’s race understand if they get out front they MUST block.

So I honestly have no idea what France was getting at, or why he said that, but I guarantee you it didn’t help his credibility in the garage.

I am surprised Brian was even at the track but not surprised by his nonsensical comments as that is what he does best.

But…blocking?

Huh?

Is this what passes for journalism these days?

It's pretty obvious what Brian France said. He's discouraging blocking, but saying it's up to the drivers to police themselves, not NASCAR.

Back
Top Bottom