Jeff Gordon continues to "whine"?

Whizzer

Gig'em
strongly enough that Tuesday, he took his concerns from the events that unfolded during Sundays race and previously in the week, directly to NASCAR.

http://newsobserver.com/sports/story/27728...p-2569747c.html

Who knows if it will do any good, but if it does work, and Gordon, in conjunction with other drivers seeking better response time and training during the races are successful in getting the attention of NASCAR, it might prevent someone from serious injury as a result. Speaking out on a safety issue to some might be considered "whining" when Jeff Gordon does it, but if it works and gets results, does it matter???
Safety should always be first and foremost. :mellow:

Smaller leagues even have the traveling safety crew. I see no reason why Nascar should implement it also. Im happy the drivers have been vocal about it, its best for everyone involved to have the traveling safety crew.

If I may point out one fact that seems to be overlooked in this outcry for traveling safety crews.

The very best, most highly trained, driver familar safety crews in the world are usless if they are unable to reach an injured driver in a timely fashion because of one of the most stupid and negligent rules in all of racing.

HELLO NASCAR! IT IS TIME TO STOP RACING BACK TO THE START/FINISH LINE UNDER YELLOW!

If you need to see how this can be implemented, simply check in at almost any of your own weekly racing series tracks. It really doesn't take a very smart person to figure this whole thing out. (I did and I'm certainly no genius.)

It is past time to change this situation; the change can be implemented before the next event without any problems at all.
Just a change of mindset amongst the powers-that-be in the towers of power on International Speedway Blvd. in Daytona.

Maybe they could be proactive for just once in the history of their rein.

NO, never will happen; that would be like asking a leopard to change its spots.

bob I am in complete agreement with you. The racing back to the yellow isn't needed any more and just causes a delay in getting to the accident. To still rely on local crews to provide rescue for the drivers is a joke for what is suppose to be a major leaque sport. Actually I would not only want to add one, but two full time safety crews. They could alternate weekends so that they would have time to get the equipment and crews to the track and ready and also on the bigger tracks 2 crews at least should be available. Nascar won't do it though until somebody gets hurt or killed waiting on a rescue team to get to them.

Oldgoat & Bob - I agree with you both! NASCAR must do something soon with the yellow racing and a full time safety team. They should look at CART and the IRL programs for guidence. Gordon's got guts to stand up to the France family dictatorship...kudos!

Here in NH nearly all of the racetracks hire Speedway Safety Services to handle their on-track rescue work. This company hires trained, first responder EMT and Para-Medic personnel to respond to any on-track incidents. ALL of these people have additional training and are familar with different types of race car construction as well as the best and quickest way to extricate a driver without causing further injuries. They are also familar with the local hospitals, doctors and most direct and quickest routes of travel to those facilities.

In addition NHIS has a full trauma facility as part of their infield care center, staffed by trained, up-to-date trauma doctors and nurses whenever the NASCAR events come to town.

Still all of this is of absolutely no use because of the race back to the yellow rule.
The emergency crews are unable to roll on the track until all of the cars have come around to take the yellow flag at the start/finish line.

Until that single rule is changed, all other changes are of no meaning at all.

I would say to him. GO FOR IT. And I think a lot of the other drivers should be falling in line with him.

No racing under the yellow ?! In that case, NASCAR is now known as the IRL. Pretty ridiculous, thats like asking a cornerback not to tackle a wide receiver when the linebacker gets injured. :lol:

I don't think you can call it "whinning" when he's worried about his safet along with other drivers!

I say "go for it Jeff". :salute:

Hey if it works, maybe they can all gang up on NASCAR to get those damn restrictor plates thrown in the garbage where they belong before someone gets killed by them also. Nah...it'll never happen. Too many people like to see the wreckfests at the plate "races". :angry:

The best plate race race I ever saw live I think was 1996 when Mark Martin won Talladega caution free.

Originally posted by bowtie@Aug 14 2003, 02:40 AM
The best plate race race I ever saw live I think was 1996 when Mark Martin won Talladega caution free.

Correction, Bowtie. Talledega is not a race. It is an exhibition.

Please do not be offended Bowtie, as Mark Martin being the winner or a crash free event does not condone misappropriation of the terminology, "race".

Properly explained:

Talledega and Daytona are an exhibition offerring simulated and controlled speed conditions wherein forty-three specially manufactured motor vehicles powered by internal combustion-engine powered machines especially designed and manufactured by participanting corporations and operated by a human being posessing extraordinary, reactionary, eye, hand, and mentally coordinated skills, who travel on a circular shaped surface compromising a closed course, rotated in a counter-clockwise direction, stopping periodically to replenish the fuel supply with an exotic blended gasoline while also replacing a circular, revolving ersatz (rubber) material combined with steel lacing filled with an invisible mixture of gasses, inflated to pre-determined pressures which pressures have been given due consideration for the element of expansion, meanwhile checking for and correcting possible mechanical malfunction(s), adjusting undercarriage leverage controls and aero metal configurations, possibly providing liquid refreshment to the operator, all in cadence to a solitary director positioned in a tower overhanging the show place spectacle stage, who controls the participants through the use of various and assorted colored flags, each with a distinct ominousness, in the specified areas wherein the entertainment is being executed under the parlance advertised as that of a "race", a misnomer of gigantic porportions.

Real races are held at Martinsville, Richmond, Rockingham and every other track with the exception of Daytona and Talledega.
This is a topic of debate but one which there will be no general concensus of opinion.
:dual9mm:

Whizzer, I think that is the most prolific explanation of a restrictor plate race I have ever heard! I loved it!!! ;)

:XXROFL:

Now I see how you win your arguments. You baffle 'em with B.S.
confused-smiley-013.gif

Originally posted by majestyx@Aug 14 2003, 08:51 AM
Whizzer, I think that is the most prolific explanation of a restrictor plate race I have ever heard! I loved it!!! ;)

Don't call it a race Maj. You'll get what a got. A good tongue lashing.
cool-smiley-030.gif

Originally posted by bowtie+Aug 14 2003, 01:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Aug 14 2003, 01:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--majestyx@Aug 14 2003, 08:51 AM
Whizzer, I think that is the most prolific explanation of a restrictor plate race I have ever heard!&nbsp; I loved it!!! ;)

Don't call it a race Maj. You'll get what a got. A good tongue lashing.
cool-smiley-030.gif
[/b][/quote]
That was not a tongue lashing. At the worse it was a poor attempt at levity.

If construed as anything other than that or taken personally, I offer my sincere, humble, bend at the waist, grovel at your feet and genuflect in your presence............... apology.

:cheers:

Originally posted by Whizzer@Aug 14 2003, 09:15 AM
genuflect in your presence............... apology.

:cheers:
Don't talk to me like that. I just a dumb ole' kuntry boy that may take that the wrong way.
costumed-smiley-024.gif

Ah man, as many around here have found it takes more than that to offend or upset me. I just wish I had the gift of gab that you have. I found the peice that you wrote kinda amuseing. No harm done my friend.
feiertag-smiley-013.gif

First comment about some of the posts here:

Happy29, your remarks about racing to the yellow show me that you have never followed any type of racing beyond the top tier of NASCAR. Even NASCAR's weekly racing series do not race back to the yellow and those events are still, for the most part anyhow, much better racing than what we see each week on television.

Second comment:

As for the remark about Whizzer winning his arguments with B.S., folks, when any of you can match his background in racing, then you can make remarks of that nature. Until then you might do well to listen to what he has to say. Maybe you'll gain some small amount of knowledge about the realities of automobile racing.

There are some folks who post on these message boards who actually have, as the old saying goes, "Been there, done that."
But to express an opinion based on fact, well thought out and worded in proper English, is to be told you're winning arguments based on B.S.?
Not very smart on your part, kiddies! Perhaps it would do some of you well to shut up and listen for a change?

Now, with all that out of the way, I see that there have been a couple of posts made before I got this up.
Please don't take offense by what I've posted, what I've said is very true. I'd ask that you all to give it some thought and consideration. It might make a big difference in some of your thinking and the answers you make to others posts.
Thanks.

Hey, boB, some of us just make light of the sense that we aren't that smart, and wish we were. Lighten up. We all, or at least those of us who have been here for a while, are perfectly aware of Whizzer's knowledge and respect him for that! (At least I do.) Whizzer, yourself, along with Hardscrabble always offer some very insightful information. And, we **try** to keep the children in check when they get out of line. Doesn't always work, but......... ;)

Originally posted by boB@Aug 14 2003, 09:25 AM
First comment about some of the posts here:

Happy29, your remarks about racing to the yellow show me that you have never followed any type of racing beyond the top tier of NASCAR. Even NASCAR's weekly racing series do not race back to the yellow and those events are still, for the most part anyhow, much better racing than what we see each week on television.

Second comment:

As for the remark about Whizzer winning his arguments with B.S., folks, when any of you can match his background in racing, then you can make remarks of that nature. Until then you might do well to listen to what he has to say. Maybe you'll gain some small amount of knowledge about the realities of automobile racing.

There are some folks who post on these message boards who actually have, as the old saying goes, "Been there, done that."
But to express an opinion based on fact, well thought out and worded in proper English, is to be told you're winning arguments based on B.S.?
Not very smart on your part, kiddies! Perhaps it would do some of you well to shut up and listen for a change?
Whoa Bob, If you would shut up and listen you would have noted the sarcasm in my remarks. I love to read Whizzers posts because I recognize the intellegance in which he writes. So if you will just lighten up a little bit and just enjoy being here it will be alot more fun for you. I don't take being called a kiddie lightly either. So think before you start name calling. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom