Jeff Gordon final race used tire (not selling, just some questions)

M

Mattski

So I have a race used left front from Jeff Gordon's final race in the 88 at Martinsville.
1. What is that yellow piece of tape?
2. Is it worth anything?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have a race used left front from Jeff Gordon's final race in the 88 at Martinsville.
1. What is that yellow piece of tape?
2. Is it worth anything?
Thanks!

4041a85a36d54d70c130c4a3e5b357d2.jpg

Here's the tire

The tape is there to help the tire carrier reference / align the wheel with a stud on the hub.

Value? About $ 0.01547. Approximately.

On the value, that's the answer I wanted. I've been a Gordon fan since I could walk, and $0.01547 doesn't put a dent in student loans so I can sleep at night for wanting to keep it.

Are you asking about the value of the tire or just the piece of tape?

Do you have any documentation to support its authenticity?

He's asking if the tire is worth anything silly, not the piece of tape.

Without any type of certificate of authenticity as Charlie mentioned, it's going to have to be taken on your word alone that this is what you say it is. And I believe you and think it's really cool, but if you try to sell it then get ready for people to offer you next to nothing to try to get a deal and theyll say "well how do I really know this is it?".

Either way it isn't worth like a thousand dollars or something. Keep it and enjoy it. I would.

not much I had a dale sr one from dover before he passed an listed it many times never got more then 70$ in offers

Does NASCAR drill holes through used race tires being given to fans to ensure that they are somehow not used again? I ask because they drilled holes through the tires I got from an IRL race in Toronto a few years back.

I thought they used different tire compounds between Nationwide and Cup.

Nationwide sponsored #88 Cup car, not the Xfinity race. Xfinity doesn't race @ Martinsville. Or..... maybe I misunderstand your post. In that case...... disregard.

Yeah. Disregard my post entirely.

I meant Nationwide as an the series. Forgot they changed their name long ago.

The tire is worth what someone will pay. I have never seen the tape used to reference to the stud remain after the tire made a few laps, and dismounted from the rim..

The tire is worth what someone will pay. I have never seen the tape used to reference to the stud remain after the tire made a few laps, and dismounted from the rim..
I did wonder about that. The fringes are still there too. Somebody more motivated than I could see replay the race and watch for pit stops a few laps apart.

Back
Top Bottom