Jeff Gordon not retiring

If Tony is willing to co-op the ride, that might not be too bad. I don't know that he's ready to give up Cup full time though.

Good point though. Tony wants to race....be weird to see him give up a full time ride. Gordon in the 14.....24 minus the 1

I'm not sure I believe anything he says.
Looks like that was in January,might have had time to think on it now.
Looks like this is his full season "retirement" season. not to be confused with his part time "retirement" season whenever that is

Does Jeffy have a Truck win? I wonder how interested he is in adding his name to that list of drivers who have a win in all three top series.

My dad lives in Miami now, so I have a place to stay if Homestead-Miami is Jeff's final race. I don't want to pass up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see Jeff's final race.

However, I don't want to support this POS championship format by attending the disgusting finale if it won't be Jeff's final race.

I hope Jeff doesn't take too long to make a decision about whether or not he will race next year. I'm thinking we might know after Kentucky.

I have a record of posting cheering for Tony. Unless you know what Go daddy wants, I;d avoid that. Go daddy wants Patrick in the car. They dont WANT another driver. They like what she does.

I think Jeff would enjoy running a few Xfinity races and some truck races.

Jeff didn't know that Regis had already retired and had a replacement . Who knew ? I sure didn't. I think Jeff may have been counting on that job . Now he's caught with no back up plan . Bummer .:idunno: I hope he's been putting a little money aside .

Owns JJ's car, vested interest in HMS, a share in a merchandising company, among other things. I think that he'll survive.

Lord I hope so . Wouldn't want to run into him in a mobile home park on the Panhandle .:)

Funny this would come out right after the "safety meeting" with NASCAR.

I posted the below in the other Jiffy thread in January 2015:

Never have been a Gordon Fan, but, at the same time, I have never been a Gordon Hater either. He is OK, just never cared.

For what it is worth he is not retiring in 2016, as finally stated above by two others, he just is not running a full schedule in 2016. Absolutely no doubt in my mind Chase fills that seat for the 2016 season. I am really looking forward to watching Chase in the Cup series.

I feel Jeff will run the high dollar races only in 2016 and mentor Chase a lot.

Gordon is going to make another fortune on souvenirs in 2015! Good for him.

Reactions: Lin
Jeff didn't know that Regis had already retired and had a replacement . Who knew ? I sure didn't. I think Jeff may have been counting on that job . Now he's caught with no back up plan . Bummer .:idunno: I hope he's been putting a little money aside .
Shahan's been in that job for awhile If Jeff didn't know, then he doesn't deserve that job... because it would mean he doesn't even watch the show. LOL

I posted the below in the other Jiffy thread in January 2015:

Never have been a Gordon Fan, but, at the same time, I have never been a Gordon Hater either. He is OK, just never cared.

For what it is worth he is not retiring in 2016, as finally stated above by two others, he just is not running a full schedule in 2016. Absolutely no doubt in my mind Chase fills that seat for the 2016 season. I am really looking forward to watching Chase in the Cup series.

I feel Jeff will run the high dollar races only in 2016 and mentor Chase a lot.

Gordon is going to make another fortune on souvenirs in 2015! Good for him.
I feel about the same. I don't necessarily like him much but I don't dislike him either. He's just not my driver.

Yeah never warmed up to him either. He was one of the first from the cradle silver spoon drivers in the cup series. Now there are plenty that have started when they were old enough to hold a steering wheel, but at any rate, there were plenty of haters when he started. But I am not that surprised he is crawfishing around the retirement issue. Probably aren't any TV deals around.

Yeah never warmed up to him either. He was one of the first from the cradle silver spoon drivers in the cup series. Now there are plenty that have started when they were old enough to hold a steering wheel, but at any rate, there were plenty of haters when he started. But I am not that surprised he is crawfishing around the retirement issue. Probably aren't any TV deals around.
He wasn't ''one of the first''......... he was the VERY first..........

I still think the Junie Donalevy era was the best...... you moved through the ranks .........

As I understand the current Nascar rules: Jeff's ownership of HMS 4 Cup cars prohibit him from running a 5th car with ANY team in any Cup race (non-championship races excluded, maybe:). If he could continue to race some Cup events I think his priority would be 1. Brickyard 400, 2. Road Courses . I don't see him choosing races based on purse at all, doesn't need to. I don't see him racing Xfinity or Truck unless it's a road course. I could see him doing 24 hour of Daytona or LeMans. I think he's to old to do Indy500 or F1 but I'm sure he will attend some races. He's trying his hand at broadcasting this year with a few Xfinity races. Don't know if there's a conflict of interest rule at Fox or NBC, there used to be at ESPN, if he wanted to do it full time for Cups races.

I'm thinking his next move is to join Corvette Racing for the NAEC events + Le Mans. Only five events a year and he gets to chill with his family or do some work with HMS for the rest of the year. But Corvette would likely have to add a #4 driver slot to one of their cars for Daytona and Le Mans since they already have full three-driver lineups for each car at those events.

yeah I would like to see him in a IMSA GTLM I think they are called. That series is getting pretty interesting. I bet he could get in one pretty easy, especially if he brings a sponsor and I bet he wouldn't have any problem doing that.

A while ago I remember he was help building a track in Canada? I wonder what ever happened to that?

He wasn't ''one of the first''......... he was the VERY first..........

I still think the Junie Donalevy era was the best...... you moved through the ranks .........

I think Bobby Labonte and Jeff Burton were the last to do this.

yeah I would like to see him in a IMSA GTLM I think they are called. That series is getting pretty interesting. I bet he could get in one pretty easy, especially if he brings a sponsor and I bet he wouldn't have any problem doing that.
Corvette Racing is the most likely option, and I could also see him sign with Wayne Taylor Racing once the new P2 regulations go into effect in 2017.

I feel about the same. I don't necessarily like him much but I don't dislike him either. He's just not my driver.

I used to absolutely loathe that 24 car. Then along came this guy named Jimmie Johnson, and my dislike for the 24 steered towards the 48.

When JG went to HMS the company was not exactly lighting it up with Schrader and Rudd and the combo of JG and Ray lit the fuse and put the organization on the map. Once JJ arrived on the scene he took it to another level and perhaps Chase will eclipse Jimmie.

I used to absolutely loathe that 24 car. Then along came this guy named Jimmie Johnson, and my dislike for the 24 steered towards the 48.

I know when JG came on the scene he was disliked by many Dale fans and that a lot of people in the greater racing community found a bunch of JG's fans to uber obnoxious. Do you dislike the 24/48 because they have been so successful or is it something else?

Back
Top Bottom