Jeff Gordon wins Martinsville!

G

Gordon Fan

Congrats to the #24 team and big congrats to Kenny Schrader and Kenny Wallace too! Great call by the #18 team as well. Those last 50 laps were great. Sorry to see it end under caution though.

Would have rather seen the 18 win it. But congt. to the 24 team anyway. :D

YAHOOOOOOOOOO !!!! I'ts about time for my guy to win. The last laps were some great short track racing. Grat battle with Bobby. I would have liked to see it end under green, but considering who won, I'm OK with the end under caution. ;)

I missed the part with Sadler and Stewart, what happened. When I looked up. Tony had a flat and was reallt pizzed at Stadler.

Great run for Ken Schrader, he was strong all weekend. It's nice to see a new face up front. Tough luck for Craven, he was doing well before the tire went down.

Guess the 2 guys on the pit box didn't work for DJ.

Congratulations to Jeff Gordon and the 24 team. Good, hard, short-track racing today.

Was very pleased to see the 18 up front, too.

Also, looks like the #8 has gotten a handle on M'ville. I was there the year he hit everything but the pace car. LOL

Congrats to the whole 24 team. Martinsville is one of the few places left where the driver is this much of a factor. So many of the other tracks anymore are won and lost in the pits. To an extent of course, Martinsville is also. But, a good driver can take a decent car and beat and bang and drive his way to the front. That is what is really impressing me about Juniors recent success here also. You didn't see too many "young guns" in the front today. It usually takes skill and experience to win at Martinville. I was not at all surprised to see the guys like Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte, Tony Stewart, Jeff Burton, etc end up in the top ten. What a great race to watch. :bounce:

That 24 car was awesome today :bounce: That was a great battle with the 18 at the end. It was cool to see Jeff Burton get a good finish, he needed one.

Congrats to the #24 Dupont Chevy team! :) That was a pretty good race, but the #22 had a tough one all day!!!!!!!! :(

My only question has to do with after the race. The bottle of beer(?) that was thrown on the track - were they aiming at Lil'E, who they almost hit or were they aiming at Jeff? Jeff had taken the checkered and Bobby L. had just gone by him with Lil'E in tow. A bottle hits just in front of Lil'Es car. I have to assume it was Lil'E as Jeff has a lot of fans at Martinsville. Besides, if they were throwing at Jeff they should be hauled out of there and not allowed back in to future races. Now, if they were throwing at Lil'E...Good God man, get an arm!!! :p

Originally posted by barelypure@Apr 14 2003, 11:35 AM
My only question has to do with after the race. The bottle of beer(?) that was thrown on the track - were they aiming at Lil'E, who they almost hit or were they aiming at Jeff? Jeff had taken the checkered and Bobby L. had just gone by him with Lil'E in tow. A bottle hits just in front of Lil'Es car. I have to assume it was Lil'E as Jeff has a lot of fans at Martinsville. Besides, if they were throwing at Jeff they should be hauled out of there and not allowed back in to future races. Now, if they were throwing at Lil'E...Good God man, get an arm!!! :p
I noticed that too,was surprised that the TV team didn't mention the incident?
I assumed that it was meant for Jeff Gordon,as the only fans that are mainly in support of Jeff are found at Fontana,Infineon Raceway(Sears Point)& Indianapolis tracks,that's JMO! :mellow:

Back
Top Bottom