JG, as usual, early favorite at Darlington

H

HardScrabble

These things usually change after qualifying and such. But before the wheels meet the road these are the odds:

DRIVER -------- ODDS ========== DRIVER -------- ODDS
Dale Earnhardt,Jr 10/1==========Johnny Benson 40/1
Jeff Gordon 6/1========== Greg Biffle 60/1
Tony Stewart 10/1========== Dave Blaney 60/1
Michael Waltrip 25/1========== Todd Bodine 60/1
Kurt Busch 10/1========== Ricky Rudd 40/1
Dale Jarrett 10/1========== Jeremy Mayfield 35/1
Sterling Marlin 10/1========== Robby Gordon 50/1
Rusty Wallace 20/1========== Ricky Craven 35/1
Jimmie Johnson 14/1========== Jeff Green 55/1
Bill Elliott 15/1========== John Andretti 80/1
Bobby Labonte 15/1========== Kenny Wallace 80/1
Ryan Newman 10/1========== Kyle Petty 80/1
Matt Kenseth 15/1========== Jack Sprague 150/1
Jeff Burton 20/1========== Jerry Nadeau 150/1
Mark Martin 20/1========== Ken Schrader 150/1
Ward Burton 20/1========== Jimmy Spencer 150/1
Kevin Harvick 30/1========== Mike Skinner 150/1
Joe Nemechek 40/1========== Terry Labonte 150/1
Elliott Sadler 30/1========== Larry Foyt 500/1
Steve Park 40/1========== Derrike Cope 500/1
Jamie McMurray 30/1========== Field 100/1

Yep, The Great Jeff Gordon runs well there. The more difficult the track the better he runs. Which is one of the reasons I like the guy so much.

If I had some extra cash I might put some down on Mayfield. He knows how to get around there. It's just a question of whether he can keep all the fenders on it until the end. His pit crew doesn't seem to be first-rate though and Jeremy isn't known for his qualifying abilities. Maybe he'll pull one off this weekend though.

This is a good thing. Maybe Jeff will win this week. He was second last week, so it's his turn this week. :p

Originally posted by nascarwoman@Mar 13 2003, 04:57 PM
This is a good thing. Maybe Jeff will win this week. He was second last week, so it's his turn this week. :p
They take turns??

When does Texas Terry's turn come back around? :eek:

Well, the excuse for Terry used to be that him and the 25 car were backup and/or test cars. Nemechek came along and blew that theory clear out of the water though. So it's hard to tell if Terry will ever get back up front. He'll be top-10 at Bristol as usual. But I don't know about anyplace else.

Now most people will tell you Terry's lack of quality runs can be blamed on Rick Hendrick and Jeff Gordon. Which makes me wonder why Terry wants a contract extension. You'd think if he was trying so hard and not being given the right equipment he'd be looking around at other rides. ^_^

p.s. I'm really not bashing the guy, I like Terry. I just don't think the blame lies entirely on the shoulders of Hendrick Motorsports, as most would have us believe.

Originally posted by majestyx@Mar 13 2003, 05:07 PM
HS, I wish it would be very, very soon! I really like Texas Terry. ;)
I have no idea what is up with that team. Seems like they start off slow and then fizzle out altogether.

They had a couple of sparks of life last season, thought they might turn the corner a bit, building new cars and all kinds of stuff going on. But it just does not seem to be happening.

Course if I could figure this stuff out, I'd call old Ricky up and tell him for half a mil or so he could get back on track, then I would call Kyle and then I would call...... ;)

if i was a betting man. i'd put my money on ryan newman.
if he dosn't have a single problem this weekend then he might pull it off.

I just thought the topic title was funny. Had to go with a major under dog.

:pbjtime: :jamming: :pbjtime:

A fiver on Craven could be a great underdog bet. He's run well at Darlington in the past, but poor luck has kept him from getting the finishes to show for it.

Originally posted by Highboy90@Mar 13 2003, 05:59 PM
I'm putting my money on Derrike Cope. :cuckoo:
You'd be loseing your money for sure. If it was 10,000 to 1 on Cope, I would not waste $1.00.

I'd rather place a bet on Cope than "the great" has-been Jeffy. :p

Back
Top Bottom