JG Return to Martinsville?

Snowman

Crew Chief
"A fan asked if Gordon would be open to part-time duty in either the NASCAR Xfinity Series or NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Gordon said he’s happy in the booth with FOX and isn’t considering any driving at a 1.5-mile track or superspeedway. BUT (this deserves all caps) he might want to race a truck at Martinsville Speedway." https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/02/24/jeff-gordon-open-racing-truck-martinsville/

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, feel free to move/delete the thread if necessary. It's a few days old but figured all the Gordon fans on the board would be interested.

Saw that. Won’t be holding my breath but it’d be cool to see nonetheless. Really thought he’d race a few for Jr Motorsports in Xfinity by now. But the older guys from the middle 90’s all the way through the boom that made their money when NASCAR was hot have shown zero inclination to get back behind the wheel. Can’t say I’d blame them.

Really thought he’d race a few for Jr Motorsports in Xfinity by now
I thought the same thing, if he really wanted to continue driving I would've expected at least a few starts in the 88 Xfinity car by now. I could see this being higher possibility if JRM still ran in the Truck Series personally but none the less I'd love to see him wheel it around Martinsville again.

I think he has mentioned this before. If he decides to step away from broadcasting to take on a larger role at HMS, I wouldn't be surprised to see him run at least one truck race at Martinsville.

I really don't see this happening, but it would be really cool to see Gordon and Stewart enter a truck race at Eldora.

One of the few things Gordo doesn't have on his resume is a Truck series win (or even a race). He'd probably like to add his name to the list of drivers with wins in each of the top 3 national touring series.

He should save his next comeback for the races he's said he wanted to do like Le Mans and such. He already has a 24 hour Daytona win so I'd like to see him try the Le Mans race if the opportunity ever comes.

He should save his next comeback for the races he's said he wanted to do like Le Mans and such. He already has a 24 hour Daytona win so I'd like to see him try the Le Mans race if the opportunity ever comes.
There's no reason he couldn't do both, and more.

I’d be more on board if it was a charity race or an all star race of sorts.

Not a fan of non-points accumulating teams racing and spoiling points.

Never was a big 24 Fan. Could care less if he races again but him racing in the truck Series would be good for it. Feel like JR Motorsports should have s team in the series but they don't so I don't know who he would race for, maybe an extra GMS entry.

Back
Top Bottom