JGR's Cup drivers

2 Sweet

HMS 4-life
So I think it's pretty clear by now that three out of the four Gibbs drivers are easily the three biggest douchebags in NASCAR. I think it's pretty easy to figure out which three JGR drivers I'm talking about.

Denny Hamlin might be the biggest tool to race in the modern era. Truex is an entitled crybaby who whines about everything, constantly bitches about other drivers (lapped traffic especially) and throws his own guys under the bus (firing his crew). Kyle Busch is Kyle Busch.

If these guys keep driving like asshats and taking other guys out with their careless mistakes, it's only a matter of time before the whole field fights back. I pray that none of these three wins a championship anytime soon.

And before any JGR apologists come in here trying to flip the discussion towards Chase being overhyped or him taking out Logano at Bristol or whatever else they wanna bring up, it's completely irrelevant. The bottom line is that there's a pattern emerging of JGR guys screwing up and "MY Hendrick-powered Chevrolets" :rolleyes: getting the short end of the stick whenever the Gibbs goofballs run out of talent.

Reactions: sdj
So I think it's pretty clear by now that three out of the four Gibbs drivers are easily the three biggest douchebags in NASCAR. I think it's pretty easy to figure out which three JGR drivers I'm talking about.

Denny Hamlin might be the biggest tool to race in the modern era. Truex is an entitled crybaby who whines about everything, constantly bitches about other drivers (lapped traffic especially) and throws his own guys under the bus (firing his crew). Kyle Busch is Kyle Busch.

If these guys keep driving like asshats and taking other guys out with their careless mistakes, it's only a matter of time before the whole field fights back. I pray that none of these three wins a championship anytime soon.
I'm fully convinced that the only people that care are fans. I don't think the field gives a s*** to be honest

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MJT and Hamlin have both been very strong this year. I’m not a fan of either but they’ve earned their positions.

I’ve always been a Kyle fan, I just love the way he drives. He sure has had an off year tho.

To be honest I’m hoping beyond hope for a Kyle/Jimmie/Jones fight to the finish in one of these races just to see three drivers so desperate for a win battle it out.

Truex has always been a pretty smooth, low key guy (especially by Jersey standards) imo. Races clean (everyone has their moments; even Mark Martin, Elliott, Rusty, Junior etc), racks up top 5s and 10s and goes home. He took a single team organization to a title and stuck with them until the team literally went belly up. Truex reminds me a little of Bobby Labonte and Ricky Rudd from days of old. Old school points racer who's usually really good at knowing when he can win and when he's got a 7th place car...

Truex has always been a pretty smooth, low key guy (especially by Jersey standards) imo. Races clean (everyone has their moments; even Mark Martin, Elliott, Rusty, Junior etc), racks up top 5s and 10s and goes home. He took a single team organization to a title and stuck with them until the team literally went belly up. Truex reminds me a little of Bobby Labonte and Ricky Rudd from days of old. Old school points racer who's usually really good at knowing when he can win and when he's got a 7th place car...

I agree with most of this. All three (too soon? lol) JGR guys are talented, but as the OP said their demeanor on/off track is pretty appalling. I kinda get it with KyBu and Hamlin as they've been told they're God's gift to racing since they sat in a car but what I don't get is Truex ran mid-pack and had crap equipment for 10 years and he's got the same attitude. I mean in his post-race interview he admitted he thought Chase was gonna let him have it...with 15 laps to go...like wtf Truex??

Honestly I like MTJ since his run at Furniture Row. I appreciate how he got to where he is. I understand people complaining about his "whining" but I see it as him caring a lot.

As for KB, his antics are entertaining to me. Unless it's something like the Hornaday incident I have no issues with him usually. I've always enjoyed passionate "loudmouth" drivers and athletes. Also his investment into the truck series has helped the sport a lot.

Denny? Honestly only cool thing about him is that he's friends with Michael Jordan lol.

I agree with this summary over the course of his career, and I respect that. However, tbose who point out his 'entitlement' issues are onto something. Truex really screwed up twice tonight. First the driving error, which was unwise but clearly unintentional.

Then his defiant, self righteous tone afterward. He's now lost any moral high ground and expectation that he should be raced cleanly over the rest of the year. He could have said, "I thought I was clear, but I wasn't quite. Damn, it was a mistake and I was racing hard for the win. I hate it for the #9, I don't like to race like that." Instead he did the opposite and implied that Chase needed to slam the brakes as he slid up the track and let him in. For that, he deserves to be roughed up when the opportunity presents itself.

alot of douch-ery can be forgiven if you can wheel a race car

I mean really all we need to hear is it's the playoffs
My job is to win, I did what I needed to do to win, didn't work out, the 9 would have done the same

do you think for a second Dillion would have gladly followed Harvick
Dillon would have wreck Harvick in a heartbeat to win
probably wishes he moved him earlier before the 19/9 incident
can't win if someone is in front of you

I mean really all we need to hear is it's the playoffs
My job is to win, I did what I needed to do to win, didn't work out, the 9 would have done the same

do you think for a second Dillion would have gladly followed Harvick
Dillon would have wreck Harvick in a heartbeat to win
probably wishes he moved him earlier before the 19/9 incident
can't win if someone is in front of you
second is the first loser.
-dale sr and Ayrton Senna

"We want hard racing"

"Hard racing happens"

"Not like that!!"

And yeah you said not to say it but chase did the same thing at Bristol and didn't get close to the same amount of criticism. This is the first instance of truex being over aggressive and getting into somebody

And yeah you said not to say it but chase did the same thing at Bristol and didn't get close to the same amount of criticism. This is the first instance of truex being over aggressive and getting into somebody
What Chase did at Bristol was obviously boneheaded but it’s not the same. Chase made his move on a GWC with 2 to go and went in too hard and lost traction up the track. MTJ made his move after running the #9 car down quickly and didnt even try to race him straight up or clean with over a dozen laps to go and was in control of his car and thought he could clear himself.

I think douchebags operating in the Cup Series should be limited to approx 21.675% of the field.

This thread with this crowd isn't picking low hanging fruit. It's picking the **** up off of the ground. Got a 9 fan who is butthurt, and gonna let everybody have it. You must have been elated over the Chosen yellow. Chase was never going to win because he wasn't fast enough. Martin gave him an excuse. Second would have been a good result, but you don't get the siren for second.

So I think it's pretty clear by now that three out of the four Gibbs drivers are easily the three biggest douchebags in NASCAR.
@2 Sweet, you're skating right over Harvick. He's definitely major league on the douche scale... right up there with Kyle Busch in my opinion.

I think the internet hatred for Truex is way over the top. Yeah, he whines too much and shows his sense of entitlement, but he's not too extreme in the way he does it. He's no more entitled, for example, than instances I recall of Jeff Gordon entitlement or Jimmie Johnson entitlement or Matt Kenseth entitlement. And Truex almost always drives clean, that counts for a lot IMO. (I agree with those who have pointed out that MTJ really bungled his post-race interview Sunday night.)

This thread with this crowd isn't picking low hanging fruit. It's picking the **** up off of the ground. Got a 9 fan who is butthurt, and gonna let everybody have it. You must have been elated over the Chosen yellow. Chase was never going to win because he wasn't fast enough. Martin gave him an excuse. Second would have been a good result, but you don't get the siren for second.
It's no different than you being a butthurt Toyota fanboi and bitching about the new Camaro body for a whole season. Let people post if they're pissed.

The yellow was no conspiracy, they literally showed the debris bouncing around on the track Rev lol. Your out of the way hatred for Chase is really something else. You're also starting to sound like more of a Truex fan than that other guy you used to root for. But I guess when you aren't winning...

It's no different than you being a butthurt Toyota fanboi and bitching about the new Camaro body for a whole season. Let people post if they're pissed.

The yellow was no conspiracy, they literally showed the debris bouncing around on the track Rev lol. Your out of the way hatred for Chase is really something else. You're also starting to sound like more of a Truex fan than that other guy you used to root for. But I guess when you aren't winning...

I don't hate drivers. I am a Toyota fanboi--something I have admitted repeatedly. Therefore, I love MTJ. People can post what they want, and others are welcome to respond. I do, and listen to the crap constantly. You will be fine. Chase will be there in Phoenix. He had a second place car. Should have accepted that. He will learn. Still young.

Back
Top Bottom