Jimi Hendrix movie

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
I just finished watching the Jimi Hendrix movie on VH1 Classic. Learned a bit but was a bit disappointed with the music. Jimi was a top favorite of mine and though I enjoyed the movie, overall, the music sucked. Jimi lived in an era that he thought of was pure and capitolism and racism just wasn't part of his being. It's hard to think that without the capitolism he probably wouldn't have been known, but the racism that many of his peers wanted just was never part of his being. His style aside, he was a very different type of musician. All he wanted to convey was his music and the feelings that went along with it.

I'll never forget the first time I heard his music back in early 1968. He had finally made his mark and was now a name to reckon with.

As for the movie, I thought the actor who portrayed Jimi did a great job, though as I said, the musical vocals weren't all that good compared to the real Jimi.

One last thing...though I never heard any of this sort, his "jazz" stuff sounded pretty good to me, as a jazz buff. Too bad that he didn't stick around to see if any of that stuff would have made it big.

I did not know untell i took a history of rock class that he was in the Army, and served with the 101st Airborn.

ZZ Top does an alsome cover of Foxy Lady.

I like some of Jimi stuff, not a huge fan but i do respect his music.

Back
Top Bottom