Jimmie Johnson admits fault

4xchampncountin

There is an interesting article in nascar.com about JJ admiting fault when he sent Marlin and himself into the wall Sunday at Darlington. He said, among other things, that he was just racing too hard and that it was just a coincidence that it happened to be Sterling who he hit. I'm not thinking Sterlings actions when he wrecked Jimmie earlier this year had NOTHING to do with it. NASCAR understandably wants to make sure these guys are not carrying an ongoing feud to Bristol this weekend. Bristol is dangerous enough without someone looking for trouble before they even get there. Man I love Bristol :p

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Mar 19 2003, 11:07 PM
Man I love Bristol :p
Me too 4xchamp.
I think Marlin will settle this little feud in his own time..Kinda like Spencer, he won't forget.

Sterling said it was just racing when he was interviewed after the wreck. It is good that Jimmie can step up and take the balme for his on track actions.

Originally posted by DeeDee@Mar 19 2003, 10:26 PM
I think Marlin will settle this little feud in his own time..Kinda like Spencer, he won't forget.
DeeDee, you think it was JJ that started this thing????? :huh:

Originally posted by majestyx+Mar 20 2003, 10:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Mar 20 2003, 10:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DeeDee@Mar 19 2003, 10:26 PM
DeeDee, you think it was JJ that started this thing????? :huh: [/b][/quote]
I did not say that at all. But for a couple races those to have been racing each other pretty hard. I think Marlin being a good old boy, will show JJ, a racing deal.

I'm not so sure about that. JJ is a pretty savvy driver in his own right. Just might be the other way around. ;)

Originally posted by majestyx@Mar 20 2003, 11:40 AM
I'm not so sure about that. JJ is a pretty savvy driver in his own right. Just might be the other way around. ;)
I don't know, I think people underestimate Marlin. And I think this year he's just ticked becuase his running for a championship was taken from him last year. And also I just like him so much more than JJ. :D

Originally posted by majestyx@Mar 20 2003, 11:46 AM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. :p
Sit back, relax we will see how this unfolds. :cheers:

Sterling will take Jimmie to school... all those years of experience, it will come into play,doesn't matter really who is to blame at this point. Once a feud is started it is hard to put it to rest unless the authorities step in .....in this case that would mean taking them to the trailer for a talking to.....lol! ;)

Originally posted by Mopardh9@Mar 20 2003, 11:14 AM
Sterling will take Jimmie to school... all those years of experience, it will come into play,doesn't matter really who is to blame at this point. Once a feud is started it is hard to put it to rest unless the authorities step in .....in this case that would mean taking them to the trailer for a talking to.....lol! ;)
They both paid a visit to the trailer after last week's race. The powers that be wanted to make sure that everything between JJ and Marlin was "okay". B)

Originally posted by Mopardh9@Mar 20 2003, 12:14 PM
You got that right Mopardh! :bounce:

Originally posted by majestyx@Mar 20 2003, 12:20 PM
They both paid a visit to the trailer after last week's race. The powers that be wanted to make sure that everything between JJ and Marlin was "okay". B)
Well of course things are "okay" between the two of them. They are just keeping things interesting. Nothing wrong with a little feuding.

Didn't know they already went to the trailer... but that won't stop Sterling from taking the Sophmore to school!!! :D

Originally posted by gordon24fan@Mar 20 2003, 02:30 AM
Sterling said it was just racing when he was interviewed after the wreck. It is good that Jimmie can step up and take the balme for his on track actions.

I thought sterling took off right after the race with no comment, after the first incident.

Originally posted by Mopardh9@Mar 20 2003, 02:48 PM
Didn't know they already went to the trailer... but that won't stop Sterling from taking the Sophmore to school!!! :D
Look at JJs stats, and this is only his second year. It only took sterling, what 10 years to accomplish that.

smack, Sterling took off after he spun JJ out at the finish in Vegas. He stuck around after this one.

Back
Top Bottom