Jimmie Johnson:

Now lemme see. Jimmy Johnson has roughly 60 starts in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series and I think 5 wins plus 29 top ten finishes. That means nearly one-half of his races have produced a top ten finish, a pretty good average.
If Johnson thinks the way to get past somebody is to ask them to move over it makes me wonder how he put together the record he has to date. Of course, if it works, what the heck, but Rusty ain't that rusty.

Jimmy Johnson must know how to pass. Come on Jimmy. Show your stuff. Gain the position the old fashioned way, earn it. :dual9mm:

Originally posted by 97forever@Aug 3 2003, 02:21 PM
Third grader.

Why not ask all of 'em to 'move over and let me pass'.

What a joke.Thumbs down man. :(
What's wrong with that? I was hoping that Kurt would pull over and let Matt win at Bristol this past March. Opps, my bad, wrong racing circuit. :D

Originally posted by Whizzer@Aug 4 2003, 11:09 AM
Now lemme see. Jimmy Johnson has roughly 60 starts in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series and I think 5 wins plus 29 top ten finishes. That means nearly one-half of his races have produced a top ten finish, a pretty good average.
If Johnson thinks the way to get past somebody is to ask them to move over it makes me wonder how he put together the record he has to date. Of course, if it works, what the heck, but Rusty ain't that rusty.

Jimmy Johnson must know how to pass. Come on Jimmy. Show your stuff. Gain the position the old fashioned way, earn it. :dual9mm:
He probably figured it wouldn't be too cool if he earned the position the way his car owner would if that was Rusty in front of him. ;)

;) Something you trying to point out,17? ;) Maybe Rusty struck a 'deal' with Jimmie---and then 'honored' it....if ya get my meaning?

Originally posted by 97forever@Aug 4 2003, 06:40 PM
;) Something you trying to point out,17? ;) Maybe Rusty struck a 'deal' with Jimmie---and then 'honored' it....if ya get my meaning?
Deal? What deal? :XXROFL:

Oh,that would be the deal that wasnt offered of course.Now if Rusty can only wait a week to comment--er--deny it---all will be fine! ;)

Wasn't no deal. But Rusty has been around a while. He wan't gonna just move over and let Johnson pass. Johnson was gonna have to earn it. Just moving over to let a man by aint raceing.

Originally posted by Gollum@Aug 4 2003, 08:53 PM
Wasn't no deal. But Rusty has been around a while. He wan't gonna just move over and let Johnson pass. Johnson was gonna have to earn it. Just moving over to let a man by aint raceing.
Amen to that Gollum!

I tend to agree that JJ has gotten to where he thinks that he is something really special. It would be hard to be a young driver like KB, JJ and KH to come into WC in a top ride and getting good runs and start thinking that the old dogs should just give you free passes. To me the only time a driver should get out of the way is when they are a lot slower or a lap down. I don't like the deal of giving drivers laps back or just moving over.

Didn't he also ask Ricky Craven to move over for him earlier this year, and Craven refused?

Jimmie also got mad because Kevin was trying to pass him, and not help him get by Rusty Wallace.

Asking drivers to move over happens all the time. Sometimes they do and sometimes they refuse. The point was made about JJ by the announcers for the very reason this thread exists - to further erode his reputation and confidence. He is seen as a threat, not only to the old Guard but also to the handpicked maidens of NASCAR. One only has to watch a few broadcasts and it becomes clear who they favor, who they dislike and who they choose to ignore. JJ is mentioned if it can be done negatively. JG is mentioned some, especially when he is struggling, as it appeases his fans that he got noticed and it appeases the others that he is seen as failing. Meanwhile we are fed a steady dose of Lil'E, regardless of where he is or the type of day he is having. On the other hand Spencer finished in the top 10 and yet he was not mentioned, was shown only accidentally while showing cars around him and is never interviewed anymore. He was too outspoken and NASCAR couldn't reign him in so he is a nonentity to them and by extension the broadcast booth, who are very good at following orders. Each of us have our favorite driver(s), but step away and look with an open eye at the next broadcast. If it concerns certain drivers they will show us the race unendingly for the 20th position while disregarding the pass for 3rd. Happened last Sunday and will happen again. I for one don't care much of who is bringing up the tail end at the expense of seeing the action in the top 10 or so. I know, all of you will disagree...

Nope, barelypure! You hit the nail on the head!!! Those clowns in the booth only gave you part of the communication between JJ and Chad.

There, 97, are ya happy now!?!?!? :wacko:

Originally posted by barelypure@Aug 5 2003, 11:26 AM
Asking drivers to move over happens all the time. Sometimes they do and sometimes they refuse. The point was made about JJ by the announcers for the very reason this thread exists - to further erode his reputation and confidence. He is seen as a threat, not only to the old Guard but also to the handpicked maidens of NASCAR. One only has to watch a few broadcasts and it becomes clear who they favor, who they dislike and who they choose to ignore. JJ is mentioned if it can be done negatively. JG is mentioned some, especially when he is struggling, as it appeases his fans that he got noticed and it appeases the others that he is seen as failing. Meanwhile we are fed a steady dose of Lil'E, regardless of where he is or the type of day he is having. On the other hand Spencer finished in the top 10 and yet he was not mentioned, was shown only accidentally while showing cars around him and is never interviewed anymore. He was too outspoken and NASCAR couldn't reign him in so he is a nonentity to them and by extension the broadcast booth, who are very good at following orders. Each of us have our favorite driver(s), but step away and look with an open eye at the next broadcast. If it concerns certain drivers they will show us the race unendingly for the 20th position while disregarding the pass for 3rd. Happened last Sunday and will happen again. I for one don't care much of who is bringing up the tail end at the expense of seeing the action in the top 10 or so. I know, all of you will disagree...
I disagree with the first half of this and agree with the second half.

The first half, if you don't think Jimmie is one of the chosen then you are a little biased.

The second part falls into the TV coverage of both FOX and NBC. They would rather show follow the leader than showing actual position battles within the race.

I think last year JJ may have been one of the chosen but not for this year. Last year there was the whole stink about the "young guns" and their dominance of the sport at the expense of the others. This year it almost seems like they go out of their way not to show Jimmie unless it is where he is getting punted into the wall or blowing up. Last year they had interviews with his dad, mom, brother, etc this year just seems different. Not that I really care to know his off track life. (Except for more about his girlfriend. She looks hot. :wub: )
I try not to watch a race with bias. However I will admit that if Lil'E has troubles it makes for a good race for me. I am just so tired of him being force fed to us.
Show me the race. Show me the side by side racing. The rubbing. Regardless of who the driver is. If Shepherd (of course he'd actually have to run more than 30 laps) is passing Mears using the bump and run, for 4th place then show me that. Not Lil'E riding around in 22nd because his legions of fans wet their collective pants everytime he is on TV.
It's not my bias. It is the bias of the broadcasters and by extension NASCAR itself who dictate what we see. This in turn affects how I and others feel about their broadcast. The commercials are just interludes between the Lil'E love fest we are exposed to every Sunday. :(

Originally posted by barelypure@Aug 5 2003, 02:46 PM

I try not to watch a race with bias. However I will admit that if Lil'E has troubles it makes for a good race for me. I am just so tired of him being force fed to us.
Show me the race. Show me the side by side racing. The rubbing. Regardless of who the driver is. If Shepherd (of course he'd actually have to run more than 30 laps) is passing Mears using the bump and run, for 4th place then show me that. Not Lil'E riding around in 22nd because his legions of fans wet their collective pants everytime he is on TV.
It's not my bias. It is the bias of the broadcasters and by extension NASCAR itself who dictate what we see. This in turn affects how I and others feel about their broadcast. The commercials are just interludes between the Lil'E love fest we are exposed to every Sunday. :(
100% agree. The part I bolded had me laughing so hard I had to bold it.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I am a Jr fan, but I do not act like you are saying. I do not wet my pants everytime he is shown on tv. I think alot of his exposure comes from his sponsor, who by the way is one of the top sponsors in Nascar. I'm sure that Budweiser has something to say about how much he is shown during races. If you ask me its good marketing when you have the most marketable man in the U.S. right now why not use him. But, back to my point, don't think that all Jr. fans are alike. I don't know who your favorite driver is but do you think yopu are like all his other fans?

Originally posted by bowtie@Aug 5 2003, 04:08 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again, I am a Jr fan, but I do not act like you are saying. I do not wet my pants everytime he is shown on tv. I think alot of his exposure comes from his sponsor, who by the way is one of the top sponsors in Nascar. I'm sure that Budweiser has something to say about how much he is shown during races. If you ask me its good marketing when you have the most marketable man in the U.S. right now why not use him. But, back to my point, don't think that all Jr. fans are alike. I don't know who your favorite driver is but do you think yopu are like all his other fans?
I just want to make it clear that I know not all Junior fans are like that. Some of them are, mainly the teenie bopper ones who drool over him on MTV, but I know not all are. I was merely laughing at the statement. My apologies if I offended anyone, just want to make that clear.

Originally posted by bowtie@Aug 5 2003, 03:08 PM
I do not wet my pants everytime he is shown on tv.
I just want to make it clear that I know not all Junior fans are like that. Some of them are, mainly the teenie bopper ones who drool over him on MTV, but I know not all are.

:eek:

In defense of barelypure, I'm pretty sure that he was referring to the female fans more than anything. I really think it's funny, too! ^_^

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Aug 5 2003, 02:16 PM
I was merely laughing at the statement. My apologies if I offended anyone, just want to make that clear.
RobbyG, I promise you it takes more than that to offend me, so don't worry about it. I'm not upset, just making a point.

Originally posted by bowtie+Aug 5 2003, 04:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Aug 5 2003, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RobbyG Fan@Aug 5 2003, 02:16 PM
I was merely laughing at the statement.&nbsp; My apologies if I offended anyone, just want to make that clear.
RobbyG, I promise you it takes more than that to offend me, so don't worry about it. I'm not upset, just making a point. [/b][/quote]
LOL, ok. Still getting to know people around here so I want to keep it all on the safe side. ;)

Originally posted by bowtie+Aug 5 2003, 03:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Aug 5 2003, 03:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RobbyG Fan@Aug 5 2003, 02:16 PM
I was merely laughing at the statement.&nbsp; My apologies if I offended anyone, just want to make that clear.
RobbyG, I promise you it takes more than that to offend me, so don't worry about it. I'm not upset, just making a point. [/b][/quote]
Oh trust me,it does take more than that to offend Bow.I have been trying for a little over a year now without much luck..... :( Guess I am losing my touch,man! :p

Seriously,you folks please e-mail me next time this kind of stuff goes on!Ya'll know I love it....heck,even Maj got in on the action!

Nice goin' Bow...I am gone for ONE evening and all this happens! :XXROFL:

Originally posted by 97forever@Aug 6 2003, 01:32 PM

Oh trust me,it does take more than that to offend Bow.I have been trying for a little over a year now without much luck..... :( Guess I am losing my touch,man! :p

Seriously,you folks please e-mail me next time this kind of stuff goes on!Ya'll know I love it....heck,even Maj got in on the action!

Nice goin' Bow...I am gone for ONE evening and all this happens! :XXROFL:
You don't offend me because I just consider the source. :cheers:

I know it seemed like I was kidding...but I am seriously trying to get in touch with my sensitive side.Look how nice I have been lately,Maj! B)

Originally posted by 97forever@Aug 6 2003, 09:49 PM
I know it seemed like I was kidding...but I am seriously trying to get in touch with my sensitive side.Look how nice I have been lately,Maj! B)
*******wiping iced tea off of monitor*******

Yes, you have been nice here.......since yesterday! :p

Originally posted by 97forever@Aug 6 2003, 08:49 PM
When Paul left you got soft on us. ^_^

Originally posted by bowtie+Aug 6 2003, 10:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Aug 6 2003, 10:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--97forever@Aug 6 2003, 08:49 PM
When Paul left you got soft on us. ^_^ [/b][/quote]
Good one, bow! :cheers:

Sorry I haven't been here to defend myself or my statement. Thanks Robby G (tho you need to reconsider your driver pick :p ).
I didn't say all or anything close to all. I said legions. Which is a bunch. As to it being mostly teeny bopper girls I wouldn't know. From the comments of some grown men ( :blink: ) I can see them wetting their pants as well. And, not necessarily with urine...

Bud, may be one of the bigger sponsors. But, still when is enough enough? At what point does the race cease to be the race and turn into the Lil'E show? And, isn't that doing more harm than good as people who ordinarily wouldn't care start to get sick of seeing his smarmy face? As people decried the "young guns" exposure last year at what point will we reach saturation of all things Junior? And, wasn't this a swipe many took at Harvick who due to overexposure his 1st year (along with the controversial racing) hurt his popularity last year?

I do wish Budweiser would get another driver. It is all that I drink so I sometimes feel like a hypocrite... :cheers:

Originally posted by barelypure@Aug 7 2003, 09:50 AM

I do wish Budweiser would get another driver. It is all that I drink so I sometimes feel like a hypocrite... :cheers:
I don't see that happening, like I said, the biggest sponsor and the most marketable driver why would they change?

Originally posted by barelypure@Aug 7 2003, 11:50 AM
Thanks Robby G (tho you need to reconsider your driver pick :p ).
Nope will not reconsider. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom