Jimmy Johnson back to NASCAR as part owner of Petty GMS

I think Jimmie has plenty left in the tank. He & Hendrick were probably not on the same page when it came to Indy car, so he retired to pursue his dream. That's just my assumption, I could be wrong. GMS has great equipment as shown by Erik Jones last year. Johnson will have some solid runs.

Was listening to Gordon on the late shift and before we set expectations too high let's not forget JJ has never driven this car and Todd has never crew chiefed anything with independent rear suspension. They're both very talented but saying they have a mountain to climb is an understatement

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Was listening to Gordon on the late shift and before we set expectations too high let's not forget JJ has never driven this car and Todd has never crew chiefed anything with independent rear suspension. They're both very talented but saying they have a mountain to climb is an understatement

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Gordon will have the notebook / data from the team’s race-winning car.

He’ll be fine.

Curious about not being able to drive it as sideways as in the older cars.

For a driver who seems to like the feel of using the over steer that comes with throttle input, I wonder what exactly he means.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Id like to see the 43 do a Ken Block tribute. By JJ. like say he wins and does a Block style burn out all around the track.

Why bring this up now... and in the press before you discussed it with the actual principals of the company?

Richard ... please exit gracefully.

Can somebody please edit the thread title? “Jimmy Johnson” is driving me nuts.

Jimmy Johnson is a former football coach who got retired by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

@nascarwoman @TexasRaceLady
C52BF98A-0948-4B0D-A6C6-747F7664C48E.jpeg

I’m with Aunty on this one. Why bring this up now on the biggest race weekend of the year AND your organization’s first weekend as a new entity. Ageism is a thing and with the grace of good health, we’ll all be Richard’s age one day so I say this respectfully as possible: his timing for this matter is really horrible. Address this behind closed doors.

Look, Richard Petty has always been a guy who could put a “raw” take on his opinions, followed with some butter and sweet tea to help it go down smooth as his smile. It’s sort of a southern thing. I don’t take it that they have any big problem to address. What he’s really saying is how it’s hard not being the boss, hard giving up that mantle for a team his family built.

Johnson is looking to make his mark as an owner, has a plan and is given latitude by ownership to move it forward. I’m sure he and Petty will find that equilibrium. The King was very complimentary of his results.

Back
Top Bottom