Jimmy Vasser In Busch

P

pettyfan4life

* Former CART champ Jimmy Vasser to run partial BGN schedule: Jimmy Vasser, who won the 1996 CART series crown with Chip Ganassi Racing, will run a partial BGN schedule this season, beginning with his career debut in the season-opening Koolerz 300 at Daytona. Vasser, who will run fulltime in CART this season, is scheduled to run 10 races for Braun Racing [#19, #30] in the upcoming season.(NASCAR PR)(1-20-2003)
UPDATE: Jimmy Vasser, the 1996 CART champion, didn't test Monday but said he will attempt to qualify for Koolerz 300 at Daytona International Speedway in February, the first of 10 Busch Series races he hopes to run in a ride he will share with #30-Steadman Marlin for Braun Racing. (Daytona Beach News Journal)(1-21-2003)

I can't wait to see this, it's been rumored a few teams were trying to reel him in. We'll see how he does,
hope th best of luck to ol Jimmy.
Now where this Sam Jr?

What's with all the open wheel drivers coming to NASCAR? I mean I don't really care where they come from I was just wondering why? Seems like the IRL or CART would do something to keep their drivers in their series...

Originally posted by 66mustang
What's with all the open wheel drivers coming to NASCAR?  I mean I don't really care where they come from I was just wondering why?  Seems like the IRL or CART would do something to keep their drivers in their series...

More $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ , need i say more!

Yeah true, but if more and more open wheel drivers continue to come to stock cars, IRL or CART is not going to have any drivers. Seems they would try to persuade them to stay.

its mainly the CART guys coming over. CART is dieing and they know it so they are trying to figure ou there future.

But I like Jimmy so he is welcome here in NASCAR Land.
The only bad part is that he is spliting was was supose to be a full time ride for Steadman Marlin.

I don't know the difference between IRL and CART so please excuse me mixing them up.;)

Mustang, a lot of people won't agree with me. But, I think all the "open wheeler" (CART, IRL, etc) are coming to NASCAR for the competition. To say that the drivers are coming here for the $$$$$$$$, etc is really not saying much for the drivers. The money's good, yes, but the competition is what drives a driver to race.:D

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Mustang, a lot of people won't agree with me.  But, I think all the "open wheeler" (CART, IRL, etc) are coming to NASCAR for the competition.  To say that the drivers are coming here for the $$$$$$$$, etc is really not saying much for the drivers.  The money's good, yes, but the competition is what drives a driver to race.:D

I think its both DE.

yes that is why the CART guys are coming over is compition. The IRL has better racing than NASCAR. Only 1 person has came from the IRL and that is Tony Stewart. No other IRL guys have tried to make a full time run in NASCAR. But i won't get into the IRL debate again

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510
The IRL has better racing than NASCAR. Only 1 person has came from the IRL and that is Tony Stewart.

Wonder why Tony says he's sticking with NASCAR? Since I believe Tony is a very competitive racer who will go where the competition is regardless of the pay check, I think I'm hearing that he's sticking around for the $$$$$$$$$$. That's selling him a little short in my opinion.

I didn't want this to start into the open-wheel vs. stock car crap again. I was just wondering. I don't care if they are from IRL or CART, I would just like to know why open-wheel drivers are flocking to stock cars.

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Point taken mustang.......sorry.:eek:

Not you DE. Don't think that. I just want a straight answer with I already got from you. :) I just don't want to start all the fighting over which kind of racing is better and so on...

Okay, I just saw where my post could have lead the topic in that direction. No problem.:)

I personally think a lot of open wheel drivers are coming to NASCAR because:

1. Money
2. Competition
3. Being in a secure series

Originally posted by PureDeathRacing
More $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ , need i say more!

If thats the case why arent more drivers trying to get into f1.

Originally posted by smack500
If thats the case why arent more drivers trying to get into f1.

How many guys actually get a change to run F1? It cost big $$ to make big $$.

I think you can take money out of the equation.These guys are well established Cart Drivers. Otherwise there wouldn't be a story. I think you could add prestige to the list though. Most Americans could tell you who Dale Earnheardt and Jeff Gordon are, but unless you're a race fan, you wouldn't recognize the name Jimmy Vasser or Daren Franchitti.

Guys aren't flocking to NASCAR because it's so amazing, they're flocking to NASCAR because CART is breaking down.

You need to know which series these drivers are coming from before saying, "Why are all these IRL/CART drivers coming to NASCAR?" The IRL and CART are two distinct bodies, and many drivers from CART feel that the IRL is even more phoney than NASCAR and many of the CART drivers have said that they would never race in the IRL.

Back
Top Bottom