Joey Logano

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by SlicedBread22, Nov 28, 2013.

1. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Might as well throw one of these up...You knew it was only a matter of time ;)

I know most of you don't like him for whatever reason, but you have to admit Joey had a great season. Better than most expected (even myself). Was in contention for many(at least 5) wins, finished top 10 in more than half the season.. with(I think) the 3rd highest amount of top 5's in the series. Made the chase and finished 8th in the final standings.

I think he's shown he can run up front, needs to be a bit more consistent and minimize mistakes on pit road.

I think "Sliced Bread" is finally coming into his own as a cup driver.

Im not even going to go all fan boy here but I seriously think he'll probably get 3 wins next season and make the chase again. Finishing probably around the same spot in the standings.. maybe a couple spots better.

They need to work on their flat track program.. Martinsville, Phoenix, New Hampshire, Richmond... some of the only tracks he didn't run well at.

I see no reason to think he won't be a contender within the next couple years if they can minimize mistakes and get a little better on the flat tracks.

On the flip side, the 1.5's and 2 mile tracks have blown my expectations away for that team. They were one of the best all year on this track type.. I think he only finished outside the top 5 in 4 or 5 races on this track type.

Sooo.... without going all SlicedBread22 hater on me... what do you guys think of Joey for 2014?

Also.. for those of you who had to endure my early season rants.. You have to admit this is a big improvement lol.. This forum has made me more of a racing fan than a Joey fan. I'll always be just as big a fan but just somewhat humbler... Don't make me go all fan boy on ur asses :p ;)

:cheers:

2. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

... I know I know.. "I told you he's Kyle18fan..." ... nope... still not him lol he's more like I was in February

Kyle18fan likes this.
  3. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Less annoying?

FenderBumper, KevinWI and Kyle18fan like this.
  4. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Who me or him? lol

5. Johali

6. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

I dont get what ur saying? I was less annoying in february? Or he's less annoying then I was in february? lol... way to immediately pull this thread off topic lol.. I knew I shouldn't have put that

7. Johali

You pulled it off topic and by the way this is the off season and things are a little more lax. I think you are mentoring him in annoyance and bringing him along slowly. :booya:

SlicedBread22 likes this.
  8. mreed

mreed Guest

JLo had a good season. Kenseth had a great season.

JLo in 14? Will likely have a better season.

By the way, Kyle Larson is the new Sliced Bread.

9. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

I do what I can... lol I'll let him be the new me for a while...until Joey starts winning :p He must have read back a did some research before becoming part of the conversation lol... At least I started talking about more than just Joey :p

...speaking of ...any on topic comments?

10. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Im looking forward to seeing how Larson does.

11. TooSweet

TooSweet Guest

I think Logano's '14 will be a lot like his '13. If anything that 22 team will be even stronger with another year together under their belt. I'm more curious to see how the 2 rebounds from a pretty average year.

12. mreed

mreed Guest

13. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

:XXROFL:

14. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Even I think thats a stupid song lol... although when Joey won I chanted "Joey... Joey... Joey.. Joey..." at my dad lol he didn't like that too much.

15. I think that 2014 will reveal if 2013 was an apparition or if Logano actually has what it takes to win races and contend for a championship. IMO, it could go either way.

16. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

I think Joey will fail to deliver, as usual, in 2014.

KevinWI and Kyle18fan like this.
  17. Joniki

Joniki Team Owner Contributor

I think SB22 is young enough he will outlive me and have the last word.

Carry on SB22... :cheers:

Greg, Johali and SlicedBread22 like this.
  18. BobbyFord

He'll likely give himself an aneurism and croak LONG before you die :)

KevinWI and Johali like this.
  19. FenderBumper

FenderBumper The "good old days" ??

Lets start a sheepish prediction thread next year, and this one goes right to the top. ;)

20. Kyle18fan

Kyle18fan Guest

I aim to please !!! Annoying you is more fun then a barrel of monkeys. :laugh:

Johali likes this.
  21. BobbyFord

I'm not sure ANY fun at all could be had with a barrel of monkeys :idunno:
    Barrel of hookers? Possibly.

blanston, Johali and SlicedBread22 like this.
  22. Kyle18fan

Kyle18fan Guest

Joey has gotten to be EXTREMELY aggressive. Only a matter of time till somebody kicks his butt.

23. Kyle18fan

Kyle18fan Guest

What would you do with a whole barrel of em ??? become anemic :rolleyes:

24. LOL. It's not that I'm simply covering all angles but when I consider what the #20 team showed they are capable of without Logano and that Logano was arguably the best Ford driver in 2013, I don't know what to expect from him. But, as I said, I think we'll find out next year.

25. BobbyFord

What would you do with ONE monkey? o_O

26. Kyle18fan

Kyle18fan Guest

Stay as far away from it as possible. I shook hands with a monkey once when I was a kid...............that wont happen again, they are nasty little critters :eek:

27. Kyle18fan

Kyle18fan Guest

Joey does have a fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!! who knew ???

28. Kyle18fan

Kyle18fan Guest

uyi.jpg Fun with joey and team

29. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

30. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

[​IMG]

More fun with Joey and team... ;)

31. Kyle18fan

Kyle18fan Guest

Lasting memories for Denny --------------- and while those two were playing around Kyle grabbed another win !!!!!!!!!!!

32. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Yeah Kyle can thank Joey for two of his wins this year.

Kyle18fan likes this.
  33. SuperTex14

SuperTex14 Guest

[​IMG]

Kyle18fan likes this.
  34. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

2 seconds later....

joey punchdenny.JPG

35. Joniki

Joniki Team Owner Contributor

"Don't make me pull this car over..." LOL

Kyle18fan likes this.
  36. SuperTex14

SuperTex14 Guest

JoLo would never have gotten out of that van.

37. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Biffle's got his back.. One Ford... he'll grab em all by the collar and shake em! lol

SuperTex14 likes this.
  38. Kyle18fan

Kyle18fan Guest

kjhk.jpg Whoa there little lady

SuperTex14 likes this.
  39. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

I think Joey was probably the most improved driver of the year, he jumped from a C grade driver to a B grade driver.
    Whether he stalls at B, falls back to C, or moves up to one of the elite drivers is a crap shoot. With Penske he has the equipment and enough time with his youth for improvement.

We will just have to wait and see what happens in the future. One other thing Joey has a lot of time if he continues to perform at the 2013 level. One win, maybe two and hovering around the top 10 isn't the performance of a light weight. If it takes him to age 30 to become one of the elites as in 3 plus wins, and threatening to win the title, he will have the time.

40. SuperTex14

SuperTex14 Guest

NJJammer and (deleted member) like this.