Johali's Rate Cup race --- Sonoma

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
A very different Sonoma race IMO. Great to see Daniel win it.

7.5 Went back and reviewed the first 2 stages. Rather ho-hum now that I look back. Think I was influenced by the excitement over
Daniel's win.

Last edited:
6. Very much a RC dud. You knew that without a caution Suarez had the field covered at 40 to go.

7.5. I agree with those who enjoyed seeing Daniel win but there wasn't much else going on. Mostly mistakes by teams that should know better.

7.5. I agree with those who enjoyed seeing Daniel win but there wasn't much else going on. Mostly mistakes by teams that should know better.
Agreed. 7's about the most I could give it. Feel like the new car is definitely making the road courses racier mid-pack, but the haves and have-nots are getting further apart. It's nice seeing it back in drivers' hands, but the crew chiefs need to get the tire situation under control.

Winner of the year/feel good story of the year.

Between all the HMS and TRD drama, and the racing we saw between the 99 and 17, for a bit, I found it to be an entertaining race.

8, actually.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6.5....Great winner...best car didn't win. Not much going on all day.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj

NASCAR has managed to make road course racing boring with stages.

Not a Suarez fan, but it was great to see him get a win, especially considering his road in the Cup series. Always enjoy first time winners. Now, some will jump all over me, but its amazing he gets a win at Sonoma, where we have his "fans" in the stands.

7. Usually an exciting race but not so much this time. Great winner but horrible day for Larson.

7, but based purely on winner. Race was a real dud with passing being nearly non-existent. They have to remove the diffuser on short tracks and roadies.

Daniel for the win and Ross got another solid top 10 finish.
In the race I watched, there was quite a bit of close side by side racing.
I wish Fox would have shown more of #5 coming through the field as well as Ross, but, oh well.
We get to listen to all the screaming heads from NBC starting the next race, I will probably wear out my mute button.

6.5 Not very good for a road course. Hopefully the teams will have things figured out when they return and there won't be so many errors. Larso and Elliott had strong cars but no hits, no runs, all errors.

MEH... happy for Suarez, he did very well on taking care of his equipment after Jamie showed his blistered rear tires after 31 laps...but the race in general, 4

Want the five lug nuts back.... just say'n

Back
Top Bottom